Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Detroit Buying Club « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gennifer
Username: Gennifer

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, August 30, 2007 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone know of a buying club in Detroit?
If not, anyone interested in starting one? If you don't know what it is, basically a bunch of people get together and order bulk items. Obviously the target is natural/organic foods since Detroit is lacking a one-stop shop for these items in my opinion. Send me an email at gennifer.gates@gmail.com if interested in joining. I'm in woodbridge, so the closer to that area you are the more convenient it will be, but all are welcome.

Bussey
Username: Bussey

Post Number: 572
Posted on Friday, August 31, 2007 - 11:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When did the Cass-Corridor CO/OP close?

They sold some great stuff like 123's and Creese!

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 570
Posted on Friday, August 31, 2007 - 12:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have always wanted to start a new CO-OP lets do it people!!!! Here is the guide http://www.cgin.coop/resource_ 4.html . It would take two years to get fully started but I know many in the community would love a new co-op. I have quite a bit of inner city Detroit grocery experience, therefore know the challenges and would love to lend my experience to such a cause. The buying club would be great to help build that capacity. Great Idea Geniffer.

Also Gennifer, Check with existing resources such as avalon, the canteen as well as non profits in the area. Quite possibly many others and especially the community organizations around.

(Message edited by Urbanoutdoors on August 31, 2007)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.