Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Fireworks!!!! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 574
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 12:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So I guess I either haven't been around for the fireworks at the jazzfest or they were there this year for the grand prix. Either way it was a pleasant surprise on a saturday night to be able to go outside and see them lighting up the Detroit skyline!

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1096
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 3:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scared the shit outta me as I walked down Shelby.. until I saw them in the sky. It sounded like an attack or something lol

Davetroit
Username: Davetroit

Post Number: 18
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 4:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hear that Vizion... it was unexpected and I thought something bad was happening until I looked out the window. Pleasant surprise...

Spongebob
Username: Spongebob

Post Number: 16
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 4:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The best show that I have seen.

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 1271
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 6:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was a pleasant suprise...we had a great view from our place

Wazootyman
Username: Wazootyman

Post Number: 252
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 10:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We had just left the jazz fest and walked down to the riverfront. I noticed the barge on the river - but didn't think much of it. But, damn, what a show. One of the best I have seen.

The riverfront was packed, and Detroit looked outstanding last night.

My favorite part of the show was the barge that passed through mid-show, blowing his horn at the end. My friends and I figured that the crew was probably awoken and standing on the deck in their PJs watching...hopefully no retired navy guys thinking the ship was under attack! It must have been loud that close to the action.

Vetalalumni
Username: Vetalalumni

Post Number: 645
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It makes me smile to hear reports of happy things happening in Detroit.

Docmo
Username: Docmo

Post Number: 292
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 11:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Absolutely the best show I've seen. It was great to find a comfortable perch on the grass above the RiverWalk. Excellent people watching while we listened to Kenny Garret. That freighter coming thru during the show with its foghorn blaring was very cool.

Cgunn
Username: Cgunn

Post Number: 98
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 1:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The show was GREAT. I was very surprised. Downtown last night was just great. From the Jazz Fest, events in Harmonie Park, to the outstand fireworks show; which had to lasted for about 1/2 hour.

Cmubryan
Username: Cmubryan

Post Number: 454
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As I was getting ready to go out in my apt, I thought we were either being attacked or a massive shooting was taking place. I even called my parents as I started to walk out my building to see if there were any reports on the news about a possible attack that's just when I saw the fireworks emerge over the Ren Cen. What a freakin relief!! What got me was that it was pretty late for a fireworks show (after 11:00pm).

Gazhekwe
Username: Gazhekwe

Post Number: 263
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 2:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We saw that from I-75 downriver on our way home from PA last night. Awesome! It's great to find out what it was all about.

Ltdave
Username: Ltdave

Post Number: 88
Posted on Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 9:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the wife and i were pleasantly surprised as well...

we were staying at the courtyard on jefferson: we had been on a dinner cruise on the Detroit Princess...

our room faced Hart Plaza and we watched from our window...

d

Dave
Username: Dave

Post Number: 164
Posted on Monday, September 03, 2007 - 2:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Had just walked from Hart Plaza to the RenCen, was setting at the outside tables at Andiamo. Waiter had just brought me a Dewar's on the rocks, then the greatest fireworks show I have ever seen. Breathtaking, perfect.
dave

Gianni
Username: Gianni

Post Number: 297
Posted on Monday, September 03, 2007 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've seen many and this is the best. Better than the freedom festival fireworks. We saw the jazz fest fireworks last year and they were equally great. Another Detroit secret.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.