Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » WSU & Developers Showcase Midtown Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sg9018
Username: Sg9018

Post Number: 26
Posted on Monday, September 03, 2007 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wayne State University is leading people back to the midtown Detroit. WSU is a major showcase and backer of midtown detroit.Here is a link of WJBK FOX @ News interviews with WSU president.
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/my fox/pages/Business/Detail?cont entId=4241699&version=4&locale =EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId= 4.1.1

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 6454
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 4:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yep,

and all of Midtown area is getting ethnically diverse. That's will be the future of Detroit.

(Message edited by danny on September 04, 2007)

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 2006
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 9:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good interview...I like Dr. Reid a lot and think he's good for Wayne State and Detroit...

I especially liked hearing this comment...

"We don't build a thing on the campus now that doesn't have a retail element in it, be it a residence hall or even classroom buildings."

Emu_steve
Username: Emu_steve

Post Number: 454
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 11:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm a big college sports fan.

I heard on the telecast of the Navy/Temple game that Temple has 35K students with 10K living on or near campus.

I wonder what Wayne states is the number of their students living on or near campus?

As someone indicated earlier this year, WSU and Temple are very similar institutions.

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 2014
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 3:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^its in the interview...Dr. Reid said there are almost 3,000 now, up from 1,200 10 years ago

Emu_steve
Username: Emu_steve

Post Number: 456
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 5:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, Thejesus.

I just watched the interview and caught the comment of 2K more then the 1,200 of 10 years ago.

Temple is at 10K so maybe even 5K would be a good goal for Wayne.

Hudkina
Username: Hudkina

Post Number: 52
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 7:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You also, have to keep in mind that many students may not live on campus or in student housing, but live in surrounding areas (e.g. Woodbridge). I wouldn't doubt that at least 1,000 more students live in off-campus housing within walking/biking distance of the campus.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.