Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » State Fair Feedback « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gingellgirl
Username: Gingellgirl

Post Number: 41
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did anyone attend the Michigan State Fair this year? Feedback?

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 2501
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 2:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes- check out the "3 Days in the D" topic for comments.

Ericdetfan
Username: Ericdetfan

Post Number: 158
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I went on the 3rd with my mom. We had fun, but didn't do much...Just pretty much took in the sights and took pictures ate food and all that good stuff. Mom wanted to see Alice Cooper, but the tickets were sold out.

Amy_p
Username: Amy_p

Post Number: 833
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eric, only the middle section required tickets -- everywhere else was free. We got there pretty early and had good free seats for Alice.

In further feedback:
-- Thumb's up on the corn dogs.
-- Regular parking was full when we arrived Monday around 6pm. Were directed back to the 8 Mile entrance, and the huge lot with rusted out light posts that didn't turn on. It was sort of fun, actually, but I wondered if the crowd was bigger than anticipated.

Ericdetfan
Username: Ericdetfan

Post Number: 161
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 11:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oh damn, didn't know that...oh well

Tammypio
Username: Tammypio

Post Number: 153
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I went on opening day, August 22nd. Because it was about 105 degrees in the shade with about 99% humidity that evening, we didn't stay very long. I went to see Bucky Covington at the bandshell...free concert...very cool...southern rock. Really enjoyed it and got to meet Bucky too.
The people working at the fair were very nice and helpful. The food was standard fair food. I thought the admission prices were good...saved $2 with the AAA card and my son was free.
I hadn't been to the State Fair since I was very little and am planning on going back next year. Only if it is much cooler though!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.