Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Nelly Furtado video filmed in Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

J_stone
Username: J_stone

Post Number: 387
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 8:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So I was having a bowl of ceral this morning watching some tv when her video "Do It" came on. The beginning is in a bar and I was like hey that looks just like the Post Bar, but then I realized it was! They go back to a shot of her a bunch of times where she is standing in front of a large scribbled Detroit "D" and I noticed Kirk Maltby's name among other stuff on the wall. The other locations in the video definitely look like Detroit, I just never noticed until I saw the Post Bar.

Crazy huh?

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 3639
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 8:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's pretty cool. She's had some nice concerts in the city, too, most recently at the Opera House if I recall.

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 1872
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 9:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vlz 4fRzxBsQ

Theres a shot of a "MONEY" and "IAGO" tag on a wall inside the Detroit Dry Dock building, west entrance. The dance scene at the end is also in the Dry Dock, on the west side of the building.

Pushing a Caddy in what still looks like the Atwater area.

One shot where they are walking under the People Mover track.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9980
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 9:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Always thought that building should be used for filming, but not just with a drop-screen background.

You could build some awesome sets in that vertical space...safe, indoor, multi-story guywire flying camera and/or actor...with the mutha of all western evening golden-hour sunset lighting. That is a special spot that should NOT just be reduced to lofts.

Even the train tracks on the north side of that building could move heavy stuff back and forth...for great morning lighting imagery.

It really was all I could think of walking through that space the first time...after living in LA for a few years with access to more than a few production lots.

Detourdetroit
Username: Detourdetroit

Post Number: 334
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 9:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So J_Stone... you had your bowl of cereal in one hand and you were watching Nelly Furtado sing "do it" in Detroit...what were you doing with your other hand?

Inquiring minds want to know!!! ;)

J_stone
Username: J_stone

Post Number: 388
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 10:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Holding my spoon Detour.

Strangely, I must admit, I do enjoy the odd dance scene near the end with the fans and yellow leotard thingy's.

Detourdetroit
Username: Detourdetroit

Post Number: 335
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 11:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

of course your spoon!!! what was i thinking? keeps you from dribbling too much...

i will check out out nelly's vid post haste! thanks for the heads up...

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 773
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 11:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 336
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Saw a flash shot of the rencen, too.. from an angle that would make me think it's on that Atwater area...

Michigan
Username: Michigan

Post Number: 1065
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like Nelly

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 1877
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That first album kicks.

Wolverine
Username: Wolverine

Post Number: 362
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 1:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great video. Isn't that the song where Timbaland stole the beat though?

Steelworker
Username: Steelworker

Post Number: 977
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 1:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

is the paula abdul oh no thats nelly furtado.

Gtat44
Username: Gtat44

Post Number: 155
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is that Alvin's ?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.