Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Manufacturing Architecture: Albert Kahn In Windsor, Art Gallery of Windsor « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Walkerpub
Username: Walkerpub

Post Number: 165
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

September 15 through November 3, 2007

Members of this august forum are invited to attend a special exhibit highlighting Albert Kahn's early years in Walkerville and Ford City.

For the first time in history, original Albert Kahn architectural drawings of nine Windsor sites will be on display. Drawn in pen on linen by Albert Kahn, these magnificent works will be accompanied by historical photos taken when these structures first appeared on the landscape.

You can download an invitation to the preview, view a slideshow of pieces in the exhibit and learn more about the genius of Albert Kahn by following this link:

http://walkerville.com/kahn-ex hibit.html

Hope to see you there!

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 6353
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 4:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Walkerpub, see if you can slip down to the main gallery on the first floor.

My show is opening the 14th as well.

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 6355
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 4:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's the invitation to my show:

a

b

Walkerpub

Post Number: 166
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Andrew:

I am looking forward to your exhibit as I know you have been working hard on this for quite some time. Plus you get the marquis space in the gallery- very cool. Let's share a toast!

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 9759
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I didn't know these were on the same date. I'll see both you jerks there! : )

Walkerpub

Post Number: 167
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Goat:

Bring your wife and you can stay at home :-)

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2466
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congratulations to AIW and Walkerpub!!! Sorry we won't be able to be attend the opening reception!! We're off to enjoy the beauty of another well-known architect that weekend...as we visit Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater for the first time. Hope it is a huge success, and we'll be sure to make a visit to see both exhibits.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 4105
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 9:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats to both of you! I look forward to seeing the exhibitions.

AIW, you should have made a separate thread.

So I have done it - Click here.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 4146
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2007 - 11:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

See you there.

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2514
Posted on Tuesday, October 09, 2007 - 6:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Excellent exhibit! If you are a fan of Kahn's work, this is a must-see exhibit. The blueprints alone are worth it! Great job, Walkerpub!!

After seeing this exhibit, we drove around Walkerville to see some of the Kahn buildings mentioned in the exhibit. What a treasure that Hiram Walker and Albert Kahn created!

Through November 3.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.