Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Maroun lining the pockets of Mike Bishop? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 9964
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 4:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm sure Bishop has no qualms with Maroun's track record in the area but of course Bishop has about as much concern for anything associated with the city of Detroit as he does with his last deposit in the bathroom.

Can we get Bishop and DeRoche involved in a fight to the death. At least that way one of these scumbags would be gone.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20070905/NEW S01/70905046/1003

Plans for new Detroit-Canada bridge come under fire

Hudkina
Username: Hudkina

Post Number: 53
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 4:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What do you expect? Republicans only like spending money on wars...

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 9965
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now as a side note I am sure Maroun is lining the pockets of Kwame and his mother.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 5274
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 4:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

An interesting item is "do the salt mines pose a problem for building the footings for bridge towers above them?"

As much as I can't stand Maroun, I don't like the idea of building next to Fort Wayne either.

Hudkina, let's leave the Rep/Dem arguments in Non-Grownup... er I mean Non-Detroit Issues.

Seems that some Dems (Kilpatrick) and Reps (Bishop) are in favor of a twin Ambassador Bridge.

Baltgar
Username: Baltgar

Post Number: 73
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GISTOK:

I wonder about that item too. After some quick research I found this site:

http://www.saltinstitute.org/m ich-1.html

The map shows that the mines are on the other side of I-75 and not any where near the site of a bridge footing. Unless these are only the active mines and there are older mines near the proposed site.

Additionally, it says the mines are 1200 ft below the surface. I am not an engineer, but does this really effect the stability of bridge footings?

Oh the things to wonder as this continues to unfold. It will be interesting in real truth ever comes out with Matty involved.

Novine
Username: Novine

Post Number: 99
Posted on Wednesday, September 05, 2007 - 6:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Time to check out the campaign finance reports for Senators Bishop and Cropsey.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 48
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If someone wants to drop Mike Bishop a note:

senmbishop@senate.michigan.gov

If you'd like to drop Alan Cropsey a note:
senacropsey@senate.michigan.go v

Shark
Username: Shark

Post Number: 281
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just look it all up here:

http://miboecfr.nicusa.com/cgi -bin/cfr/contrib_anls.cgi

Search under the last name Moroun (note the correct spelling) and you come up with: Coleman Young Jr., Tupac Hunter, Granholm, Cox, Engler, Taub, Bonior, Richardville, Allen, etc... He gives money to everyone.

Taj920
Username: Taj920

Post Number: 254
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On the salt mine issue, authorities don't know where all the salt mines were. Records going back to the 1800s are sketchy.

Novine
Username: Novine

Post Number: 104
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 10:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Search under the last name Moroun"

That's just scratching the surface. You can bet every one of his high-level staff, vendors, contractors, etc. is also being told who to donate to and how much.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.