Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Bill Kennedy Information Needed for Story Idea « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Vitalis
Username: Vitalis

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 8:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings. You knowledgable lot, I am in need of people who have shared a history with Bill Kennedy (Detroit's Favorite Movie Host)either at Channel 9 or Channel 50. I aim to make Bill a major character in a story that can be thought of as "My Favorite Year" meets Local Detroit Television. I have my own memories of the man and the times; I have also done some preliminary research on Bill, but I would like to have much more. For instance, whatever happened to his "fabulous files?" Are there any of his old production staff (producers, directors)still in the area? Where are you Bob Hines? Did Bill tease or taunt Mary Morgan behind the scenes? Did Bill get along with Lord Layton? Contributors to this web site have rich and deep memories for all things Detroit, some of you will also surly possess knowledge about Bill. Please do share. Thank you in advance.

Craig
Username: Craig

Post Number: 355
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 8:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are you cutting an expose' or fiction? If the later, it sounds as though you already have your material.

Gingellgirl
Username: Gingellgirl

Post Number: 47
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 10:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I refer you to TV Land--Detroit by Gordon Castelnero and From Soupy to Nuts! A History of Detroit Television by Tim Kiska.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.