Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Biker Brawl in Milford Saturday « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Amy_p
Username: Amy_p

Post Number: 837
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 2:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone have a news link for this? I saw it covered on television, but can't find anything online...

Mind_field
Username: Mind_field

Post Number: 775
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 3:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What? Idyllic Milford? Inconcievable.

(Message edited by Mind field on September 10, 2007)

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 10078
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I did a search on both the Freep and the Detroit News and found nothing. Kinda makes you wonder.

Johnnny5
Username: Johnnny5

Post Number: 595
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was at the Red Dog Saloon (Where the fight took place) on Friday evening and just heard about the problems on Saturday. All I have heard so far is that shots were fired and apparently someone was stabbed. Several neighboring police departments were called in to assist as there was word out that other bikers were on their way into town. I'll know more by this evening and will update this post then.
Years ago the Red Dog had somewhat of a bad reputation due to biker related problems. Nothing as serious as Friday's shooting, but the police were often called to assist. The past couple years the owner's had been doing an excellent job at cleaning up the place and improving the image. They recently sold the bar and I have noticed a definite change. Hopefully this event will convince the new owners to remain diligent in attracting a better clientele.

(Message edited by Johnnny5 on September 10, 2007)

Amy_p

Post Number: 838
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 3:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's very weird! The story covered on one of the newscasts Sunday said that rival biker gangs were bumping each other's motorcycles on Milford Road, then about 40 bikes pulled into a parking lot and had a brawl that included knives.

The owner of the business whose parking lot they pulled into was interviewed, very upset. I think it was a restaurant/bar that had been biker friendly, and was changing it's tune. Something like that.

The story is of interest to me because I was at dinner with my dad Saturday in Brighton at E.G. Nick's, and we saw an endless stream of bikes go by -- a fascinating number that we watched for a long time. We figure this was probably pre-brawl.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 10079
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 3:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess the post above would make you Johnny on the spot.

Sorry for the horrible joke.

Amy_p

Post Number: 839
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 3:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ah, simultaneous posts -- thanks for the info, Johnnny5. A shame for the Red Dog, to be sure. The owner seemed really disheartened and upset.

Johnnny5
Username: Johnnny5

Post Number: 596
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

(Message edited by Johnnny5 on September 10, 2007)

Pattyreddog
Username: Pattyreddog

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 6:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There were no guns or shots fired at the Red Dog or in the Mill Pond parking lot. The Forbidden Wheels pulled into the parking lot thinking that it might be a safe haven from the Avengers because of all the cars. The Avengers were not deterred by the full parking lot and pulled in anyway. You are correct - the fighting started long before the Mill Pond parking lot. Thanks for all of your kind words about us improving the Red Dog. I hope you will all stop in sometime.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 59
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 5:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bewware of the Motorcycle clubs in the exburbs.

Jrvass
Username: Jrvass

Post Number: 229
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 6:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Darn! I thought you all were planning a biker brawl... not discussing the old one. :-)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.