Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Detroit River Walk « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Monahan568
Username: Monahan568

Post Number: 221
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 8:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does any one have any info on the court ruling involving the city taking land to develop the river walk. I heard that the plantiffs got 30 million, The city has to pay 10 million by tomorrow.

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 583
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hmm i heard 25 million

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1711
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 10:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think that it was $25 mil + attorney fees = $30 million. Yes the city is short on paying up. There are at least two threads around here somewhere on this subject.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 1629
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 10:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.d ll/article?AID=/20070918/METRO 01/709180409

Billk
Username: Billk

Post Number: 115
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 1:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you read The News, you know.

Ramcharger
Username: Ramcharger

Post Number: 469
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 8:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

City Council puts Tri-Centennial State Park at risk.

None
Username: None

Post Number: 112
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 9:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll bet you for 30 million dollars we could clean up a majority of the ghettos in this city what a complete sham, We all should be embarrassed to the point of impeachment recall lynching whatever this shits gotta stop and the common denominator is the people elected by the people

When as a city are we going to stop voting for someone because of their "Blackness" and start voting for somebody for their accomplishments and what experience they can bring to the table be it pink yellow brown black WHO cares

What the hell are we trying to prove by electing someone for their "blackness" Imagine if Ferndale elected someone because of their "Whiteness" oh my the shit would hit the fan then now wouldn't it

Oh Ya, my brother Jesse Jackson Al Sharpton the whole crew would be raising hell all up and down Woodward, the White Supremacists must be beaten back we shall have no such behavior in this great city, long live civil rights!

Ya right, Karma has a way of making the Truth completely transparent to those who will see, why must we all be controlled by the need for "blackness" and keeping it real

Fuk that how about the need for leadership that is concerned with the community as a whole and not some brat that Mommy gave the stick and wants to go around whacking Whitey with it for the 180 years of Oppression

"The time is now for change" "Take the Power back"
and a hundred other meaningless propaganda blurbs and what have you got a Riot in 67 that took the power back, well it's been 40 years what does keeping it real have to show for Itself not a whole hell of a lot

Save for maybe the most reviled city on earth, congrats brothers keeping it real has kept it 3rd world just like home, piss off

Detroitprincess
Username: Detroitprincess

Post Number: 21
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 1:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well Said!

Norwalk
Username: Norwalk

Post Number: 129
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 2:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let me see.... it's a State Park and its prime property that you just can't give away but in a sense isn't it giving back to the people. So what they want to sell it and make it a "gated community"?

Kevgoblu
Username: Kevgoblu

Post Number: 21
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 3:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wasn't the person in charge because of his "blackness" at the time, Dennis Archer?

Atwater
Username: Atwater

Post Number: 9
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 12:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amen None!

None
Username: None

Post Number: 115
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 1:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow that was a hell of a rant even for me, apparently I need to back off the caffeine in the mornings

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.