Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Car Drives through the front of Showcase on Cass - PLEASE HELP! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Blondy
Username: Blondy

Post Number: 1178
Posted on Saturday, September 22, 2007 - 9:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Last night at 2 a.m. a car drove through the front of Showcase Collectibles at 3401 Cass Ave. The front of the store is destroyed. The owners received a call from the alarm company at 2 a.m., but they did not get there in time to stop the place from being robbed, nor did the police.

Pat and Karen, two of the owners of Showcase, have contributed so much to the city. Pat owned Birdtown Pet Shop for 35 years. Choosing to keep his business in the Cass Corridor during the worst of times.

I am writing this to PLEASE ask you to go in and SPEND MONEY at Showcase. They have a TON of work to do to repair the place. They had a ton of stuff stolen that they will never be able to replace.

GO SHOP AT SHOWCASE, they need your help and support more than ever right now. Do something for this city today and spend money at a business that needs your support now more than ever!

P.S. Oh yeah, today is the owner Pat's B-day. What a birthday surprise!

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1718
Posted on Saturday, September 22, 2007 - 10:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/5/114211.html?1190467688

Susanarosa
Username: Susanarosa

Post Number: 1689
Posted on Saturday, September 22, 2007 - 10:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey genius, she said in that thread that she would start a separate thread just about the robbery.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1720
Posted on Saturday, September 22, 2007 - 10:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah, but in this digital world, you need the link to get from one to the other.

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 874
Posted on Saturday, September 22, 2007 - 11:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pat and Karen,

I'm so sorry. I would like to buy something at your store but I live in the Ozarks and am darn poor right now.

What is the mailing address of Showcase Collectibles for small financial offerings?

Granmontrules
Username: Granmontrules

Post Number: 171
Posted on Saturday, September 22, 2007 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was just talking to a friend who has a pizza place in Clinton Twnshp. someone drove a car through the front of their place last night and robbed them blind! I doubt if it was the same people - but this seems like a prefered way to rob a business.

Bussey
Username: Bussey

Post Number: 595
Posted on Saturday, September 22, 2007 - 12:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sad, very sad.

Sstashmoo
Username: Sstashmoo

Post Number: 417
Posted on Saturday, September 22, 2007 - 12:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Barbarians.

Andylinn
Username: Andylinn

Post Number: 544
Posted on Saturday, September 22, 2007 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this is horrible. i will stop by there to check it out asap.

on a seperate note: liz, I wanted to commend you and claire on the wonderful job you did with the small business pow wow. my sister emily linn told me all about! I would love to go, but I always have class on tuesday and thursday nights!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.