Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Hamtramck carjacking? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Dissolvedgirl3
Username: Dissolvedgirl3

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I heard there was a shooting in Ham-town that looks like an attempted carjacking about four days ago. All I've heard is that a younger woman was shot and is still alive but now brain dead. Local news source searches I've done have gotten me no where. Anyone know more about this occurrance?

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 10228
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 5:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sadly the reported on the news last night that she passed away. I can't recall if they got the low life that did this.

Hockey_player
Username: Hockey_player

Post Number: 355
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 5:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.clickondetroit.com/ news/14175877/detail.html

HAMTRAMCK, Mich. -- A woman was shot by a carjacker on Holbrook Road near Brombach Street in front of the Henry Ford Health System Clinic in Hamtramck on Friday afternoon has died.

Police said a man shot Amanda Brown, 23, in the head and then pushed her out of the truck and took off in it.

Brown's fiance is now asking for help.

"I'm panicked. I'm depressed and I'm so angry. It's more emotion than anyone should feel at one time," Linc Bullard said.

The truck was recovered.

"To the person who took the truck - you destroyed one of the most beautiful human beings I have ever met in my life. And to her - I hope I made you half as happy as you made me," Bullard said.

If you have any information, contact Hamtramck police.

The suspect has been described as a black man, with a medium complexion, in his 20 to 30s. Police said he is about 5 feet 8 inches and has no facial hair, a dirty jacket and he was possibly wearing a backpack.

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4968
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

God damnit....the more I hear of this shit, the more I want to start carrying a gun.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 2723
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 5:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kill a 23 year old girl to steal her truck, which he didn't even end up with. Motherf@#er. This stuff disgusts me, and makes me start to have thoughts that I'm not very happy with myself for having.

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 870
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 5:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's tough losing someone to illness or an accident, it's gotta be really tough dealing with losing a loved one over a senseless act like this. Hopefully her fiance, family and friends find some semblance of peace as quickly as possible.

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4969
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 6:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone ever lose a loved one to bullshit street violence? I cannot even imagine what it must feel like...

Warriorfan
Username: Warriorfan

Post Number: 813
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 8:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Clearly, simply complying with the criminal and offering no resistance doesn't work. It simply makes it easier for the criminal to kill you AND take your shit. Stories like this are why I fully support the right of citizens to carry guns in self-defense in public. Fuck the passive route, it clearly hasn't helped many victims of carjacking in Detroit. Anyone remember when that Church deacon got murdered in his church parking lot during a carjacking a few years ago? He told the punks to take whatever they wanted and he even pleaded for his life and they executed him anyways.

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 201
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 9:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

amazing another shooting

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 175
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pretty obvious that when this stuff continues to happen and the "system" has no way of quelling the problem, then there is dire need of reform and adjustment of the "system". I agree with warriorfan that extremes need to be taken in order to suppress the violence. To arm its citizens, however, a community may be replacing one problem with another. There must be another way to deter evil people from committing armed, illegal acts because currently the risk is well worth the reward in our society.

I think that intense gun laws should be passed to slap the face off of offenders who carry illegal weapons. Heavy screening should be done in order for citizens to be approved for CCW permits, but don't limit the number of permits. Armed communities can be very effective in preventing simple street crimes, but just remind yourself who exactly should be carrying those weapons. And who shouldn't. Look at Texas for example....

http://www.ncpa.org/press/nrsb 052600.html

-- some wiki info (for what it's worth)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M ore_Guns%2C_Less_Crime

-- and to keep it real and balanced

http://www.bradycampaign.org/f acts/issues/?page=ccw

Dissolvedgirl3
Username: Dissolvedgirl3

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the info Hockey Player. I appreciate it. It's all totally disgusting. All these recent happenings are just really terrible...I wonder if the shooter thought it was worth it? So f-ed up.

Vas
Username: Vas

Post Number: 801
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So young and newly married. Heartless.
We need Death Wish 4.

Steelworker
Username: Steelworker

Post Number: 992
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 1:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This incident scared me a little, but mostly my GF i live just around the corner from there one side street over near brombach, as well as it happened about the time im driving to work and going through that corner. So i was a little paranoid for a few days. Sad sad story

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 429
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 1:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any bets that the perp has a rap sheet and probably on parole?

Warriorfan
Username: Warriorfan

Post Number: 818
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 9:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's a carjacking that had a happy ending, thanks to Michigan's CCW law:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/ news/14224999/detail.html?rss= det&psp=news

The victim successfully defended his life and property, and one piece of shit criminal is now dead. CCW WORKS!

Janesback
Username: Janesback

Post Number: 396
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 9:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

warriorfan, too bad that the innocent driver didn't finish off the other 2 accomplices. That would save the police dept some time dealing with paper work.

Save the taxpayers some money as well. At least it wasn't a total loss, he did get one.

Vas
Username: Vas

Post Number: 804
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 9:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't think that news article could have less information in it. WTF?

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 2854
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 5:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

he turned himself in http://www.clickondetroit.com/ news/14175877/detail.html

Perfectgentleman
Username: Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 3114
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lilpup - I thought you said most people that pull guns don't use them? Apparently this perp didn't get the memo on that.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 2855
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 5:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

most isn't all, @sshat

Perfectgentleman
Username: Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 3119
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 6:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You want to allow yourself to be killed because you choose to trust the humanity of a criminal and I am the asshat? What a bunch of nonsense.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.