Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Hostage situation/Hazel Park « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Hpgrmln
Username: Hpgrmln

Post Number: 187
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 5:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had my scanner on (as usual) last night and caught snippets of a conversation Hazel Park PD were having about a guy holed up in his house.Did anyone hear/read anything about this that they can send me a link to?

Terryh
Username: Terryh

Post Number: 542
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 8:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where can I purchase a police scanner and what kind would you reccomend? Sounds like fun.

Clark1mt
Username: Clark1mt

Post Number: 94
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 8:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Radio Shack sells them. Ebay also is a good resource if you know what you're looking for.

Gazhekwe
Username: Gazhekwe

Post Number: 629
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 8:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I heard a lady came home last night and found a naked man in her bed. Police responded and arrested him. He said he was told she was a call girl.

Terryh
Username: Terryh

Post Number: 546
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 8:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Clark1mt.

Bagman
Username: Bagman

Post Number: 96
Posted on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 - 12:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you MUST purchase one that picks up digital and is trunkable. - others will not get DPD.
Make sure you tel the clerk you want one that will get DPD.
I know the guy at the Fairlane will sync it to their in store unit if you buy one from him....

Hpgrmln
Username: Hpgrmln

Post Number: 189
Posted on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 - 1:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ive owned several.
My most current is a Radio Shack digital. I had to wait until I got my tax refund back because they cost around $500. Im able to get analog frequencies that won't come in on the older radios because the reception is better. I can put the same channels in and the radios side-by-side. Only the digital will pick them up.
Detroit has terrible reception. I've tried listening to it in the city and it's spotty. If you try to listen outside of the city, youre lucky to hear anything beyond a few words at a time. This has more to do with the city's system than the radio itself.
It took me awhile until I was able to spend that kind of money so a lot of people can't justify the purchase. You can probably get a slightly-used one on E-bay for a little less.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.