Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Detroit to help pay resident's water bills! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Bratt
Username: Bratt

Post Number: 650
Posted on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 - 11:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I read that they are assisting poor people up to $2,000 for their water bills.

For example, it said something like a household of 4 could not make over $25,000.

I guess I am trying to figure out who would qualify for it? For the most part, and in most situations, renters do not pay their water bill.

Depending on the maximum income for single person households, maybe our seniors could qualify.

From what I read, it didn't say you had to be a home owner. So does this mean that renters could apply for it (even though they are not responsible for the water bill), and the landlord would get their water bill paid?

Maybe I didn't understand it all. Does somebody have more information on this?

It would really be nice if this program was going to really help the poor. It wouldn't be fair for others to get the hook up...hey wait..I think I'll call Kwame and see if he can add my name to the list...he'll give me the hook up (just kidding).

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 10384
Posted on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 - 11:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, what a great idea...but why the $2k figure? They must have some folks really backed up owing for water that never gets shut off. Curious, that policy is what is flooding so many abandoned homes, apparently, from that other thread.

I wonder where this money came from, and whose idea it was?! Where did you read this, Bratt?

(ugh, just realized I didn't follow up from that FSC, I'll hit you up with an e-mail in a minute)

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 214
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 1:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

2,000. For Water?

Dialh4hipster
Username: Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 2200
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 9:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, bottled water.

Bratt
Username: Bratt

Post Number: 652
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 8:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, it was in one of papers. People are talking about it everywhere. The city has a fund that was set up. They will pay UP to $2,000. Read the archives....it was on September 21 when it was announced.

Gannon: Yeah...still waiting on that e-mail. The phone number is no longer good....I left that job on Monday.

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 218
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 10:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll take 2,000 where do i get it?
It costs $1.00 to get water, but $3.00 to take it away. hmmmmm

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.