Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Missing person - from Bayview Yacht Club in Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 213
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 1:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.clickondetroit.com/ news/14197645/detail.html
cameras did not catch her

Monahan568
Username: Monahan568

Post Number: 228
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 2:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They think they may have found her... -

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20070925/NEW S01/70925101

Channel 4 said on the news tonight that DPD claimed they didn't find anything when they were out there using their sonar all day...And showed her mother and a police officer arguing pretty intensely about that fact. I wonder what the real story behind that is, DPD was out there all day and the body (whoever it turns out to be) was found right in front of the club...I can't find anything available right now online on that but am curious about why they didn't find it initially when it was right there...
A passing boater was the one that saw it there and ended up calling 911 after police were already gone.

(Message edited by monahan568 on September 26, 2007)

Michigan
Username: Michigan

Post Number: 1212
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 7:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does this lead us to believe he killed her?

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 877
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 8:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Usually not a good thing when someone mixes alcohol and water.

If someone killed her they just should have headed down to the police station or got out of the country after they did it. The autopsy results should clear everything up.

My guess is too many drinks.

Johnnny5
Username: Johnnny5

Post Number: 609
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 10:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chances are good this was just an accident. It's a bit treacherous walking around in a marina after dark (especially if you've had a few too many). I've seen quite a few people fall in the water over the years and most of them needed help to get back on shore. Even uninjured it's quite a climb from the water level to the docks if no one is there to assist.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 1700
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh noes! Detroit is too close to the water! They must fix that before anyone could ever think of living there again...

Karl_jr
Username: Karl_jr

Post Number: 86
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I seen the mother screaming at the police. I don't particularly like the current breed of detroits finest but it's not their fault. Her body was probably lying in the muck and the sonar didn't pick it up. Mother nature worked on her and the gas made her rise, so how is it their fault?

p.s. you cops don't get your boxers in a bunch, my brother is retired dpd

Mbr
Username: Mbr

Post Number: 238
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 12:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where did you see the mother screaming at the police? Were you on the scene or was this on TV?

Michigan

Post Number: 1213
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 12:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I ask because according to the account she was on the phone and speaking to another person at the same time. Was that person there when she fell in? Interesting

Steelworker
Username: Steelworker

Post Number: 991
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 12:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is no fence near water at bayview and when i went to a wedding reception there it was a point i kept making to myselve not to get near the water when i got wasted.

Falstaff
Username: Falstaff

Post Number: 48
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WDIV's Mara MacDonald did a story last night about the drowned woman at the Bay View Yacht Club . MacDonald's compassion for the family really came across when she said:

"What mother can stand the idea of her child alone in the cold, dark water?"

I think that line is haunting.

(Message edited by Falstaff on September 26, 2007)

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 10247
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My heart goes out to her family like it does for all families that lose a loved one.

Now on a side note: She was an attractive white woman that lived in a nice area. My money says that the news runs with this story for awhile. Let's see if the trend continues.

Susanarosa
Username: Susanarosa

Post Number: 1692
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 12:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

30 years old and has a 7 year old...

That's the part that creeps me out.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 10249
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 12:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is the part that really sucks. I hope that the kid gets all the love and help from his extended family and that her realtives take him in as their own.

I can't imagine losing a parent at 7. Hopefully the child's father is involved in his life and is there 24/7 for a long while.

Susanarosa

Post Number: 1693
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Unfortunately, from what I was reading last night it didn't sound like the father was around.

I hope I'm wrong.

Raggedclaws
Username: Raggedclaws

Post Number: 58
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 1:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^You're creeped out that she had a baby at 23 ?

You should get out more.

Susanarosa

Post Number: 1695
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 1:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, personally I would have never had a baby at 23. Hell, I don't want one at 30.

However I'm creeped out (maybe the wrong choice of words) that a 30 year old is dead and leaves behind a 7 year old.

I may be callous, but I'm not that callous.

B2b76
Username: B2b76

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would hope the cop understands that her mom is more then likely a little overcome with emotion after hearing her daughter is gone. Anyone would be and cops are trained to deal with those people.

Ohudson
Username: Ohudson

Post Number: 287
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 2:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, Susanarosa you must not see the women around you in Metro Detroit. I know 23 year olds with 7 year old kids.

From the first time I heard the story I felt there was no other place for her to be but in the water.

My condolences to the family...

Susanarosa

Post Number: 1697
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 2:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did you even read my follow-up post in response to raggedclaws, ohudson?

Ohudson

Post Number: 288
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 2:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I did see it. I understand how you see it for yourself, I'm 28 and I still cannot see myself being a parent right now. But, the reality of so many people is by the time they reach our ages, already having kids is the norm.

Susanarosa

Post Number: 1698
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 2:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

*shaking head*

But that wasn't even what I was addressing in my original post...

Ohudson

Post Number: 289
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well OK, I'm sorry... I wasn't the only person to read it the wrong way. Actually, probably reading raggedclaws response led me down the same path.

My bad

Susanarosa

Post Number: 1699
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And as I said above "creeped out" might have been the wrong choice of words.

I guess I have to say everything twice.

Michigan

Post Number: 1214
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am creeped out by susanarosa's creeped outness- ewwwww

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 878
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What's up with Carmen's hair on the last link? If I didn't know better I'd think that her hairstylist hid all the mirrors and played a dirty trick on her.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.