Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Wayne Theatre - the final curtain? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Kahnman
Username: Kahnman

Post Number: 35
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 4:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This pretty much says it all...

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20070924/M ETRO01/709240341/1003/rss36

"Blight is something we don't need in Wayne."

Translation:

"An empty lot is a beautiful thing."

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 1789
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 7:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

other possible translation:

one of the families that own businesses in Wayne want parking.

I'm always suspicious of demolitions that have to happen "right now" when there are no public safety issues. Watch for a midnight coup de grace to the building so it will have to come down. that's a popular tactic.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 10252
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 9:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wouldn't say 'right now' is a fair term.

quote:

The facility has been set to be torn down since 2006, but the city gave the group a year to raise enough money to save it.

I hope they raise enough money but I think that the city gave them some time to raise funds.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.