Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » My own suburban crime drama... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Abracadabra
Username: Abracadabra

Post Number: 78
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've always felt safe in my neighborhood, but I guess I needed to check into reality. Even though I am just about a mile from the City, I didn't take the simplest precautions, nor felt the need to.

I fell asleep around 2 a.m. on the sofa, with the television on. This morning, my girlfriend's purse that was on the floor, literally one foot from me, had made it's way into my daughter's playhouse in the backyard. Around $300, a cell phone, and 9 credit and store cards were missing. All we can figure is that someone came in through the back door, which was not locked, snuck past both of my dogs, and grabbed it right in front of me while I sawed logs. They tried to use one of the credit cards at 3:25 a.m. at a gas station in Detroit.

We called the police this morning, and they responded within 5 minutes. Have to love that! Unfortunately, he cop that was here was a dolt, and did nothing at all aside from take a couple of notes. I am fortunate that a good cop, of which there are very few IMO, lives in our neighborhood and is an evidence tech. CSI : Dearborn Heights. He is getting into the investigation, but I doubt much will come of this anyway. It was too clean. My chief concern is it being someone that either knows us or lives close to us.

Anyways, lesson learned. I now have to lock my doors. I'm just happy that it wasn't anything more serious than wasted time and lost money. I have two young daughters! A lot of terrible things could have happened.

Whoever it was, though, was pretty damn brazen. Maybe the economy is so bad now here that Spiderman is out pulling jobs.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 51
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 11:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And the people on this site says that stuff to this extreme doesn't occur as often in the Suburbs.

Rocket_city
Username: Rocket_city

Post Number: 408
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Crime (as well as the economy and joblessness) knows no boundaries. I'm glad you and especially your daughter are safe.

321brian
Username: 321brian

Post Number: 459
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 11:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

100% guarantee someone from Detroit stole it.

Reason: they went right to Detroit to use the card.

Nobody who lives in the burbs would go to Detroit to but anything if they didn't have to.

Dan
Username: Dan

Post Number: 1443
Posted on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 11:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What kind of dogs do you have?

Were they near you?

My dogs sense when someone is outside, even when they are sleeping, I hate to guess, but if I was in that situation, I would have to wonder if it was someone the dogs knew. If a stranger came in all hell would break loose at my house, well at least allot of barking, the only way that could happen to me, is if they dogs knew the person, and did not bark.

I would be prepared for the person to try it again.

Abracadabra

Post Number: 80
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 12:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, Dan, that was why I was concerned it might be. I have a border collie and a standard poodle. The poodle is still going through her crate training, but they were both in the room I was in to my knowledge. Neither of them bark looking out the window, except for at other dogs. I would have thought being as nervous as this person had to have been they would have reacted.

I do have some punk kids next door, in their mid-teens. I can't help but think they were involved somehow. The dogs are very familiar with them. The only catches are the card being used in Detroit (they aren't old enough to drive) and they have to go to school.

My outlook on safety has changed quite a bit, so I am doing some things differently. Hopefully I can avoid any more issues.

Oldoak
Username: Oldoak

Post Number: 6
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 12:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Ab – thankful that your break-in did not involve violence. You probably needed a wake-up call. My sister in Ishpeming, MI, near Marquette in the Upper Peninsula did not lock her doors at night and it drove me crazy. She giggled at me when I visit and check the doors before we go to bed…but nasty neighbors moved in for her wake-up call. It happens everywhere and yes; even neighbors or neighbor’s kids will take an advantage if they see one. Who else would have known you don’t lock your doors? They could have an older friend to sell the card to so don’t rule them out. They probably used the playhouse to divvy up the proceeds -- check out the playhouse more carefully.

I like that you are not dwelling on the loss of cash and the absolutely pain-in-the-ass of canceling cards. Good luck.

Professorscott
Username: Professorscott

Post Number: 802
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 1:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Abra,

I'm glad you're more or less okay. I've never felt safe in my life; how do you conjure up that particular feeling? I'd enjoy feeling that way once in a while, even knowing it was false confidence.

Whether you have burglaries in your neighborhood or not depends only on whether there are burglars targeting your neighborhood; it happens everywhere. Statistically it happens more often in big cities, but statistics are tricky friends to have. As the saying goes, I know a man who drowned in a river that was three feet deep on average.

Within the metro area, there are specific types of crimes that happen more frequently in certain places. Troy, for instance, is overall a fairly safe 'burb but has an unusual number of car thefts every year.

I myself have been a victim of two burglaries from a home, two car thefts, one burglary from a car (they stole the glove compartment: not the contents, the whole thing. Nothing of value was in it.) and an attempted carjacking, which failed because the two "perps" were too drunk to get the job done. One attempted robbery (at knifepoint), but it was a 12 or 13 year old kid, and my friend and I talked him out of it, to put it mildly.

This is 30 years worth of living in the D. Some of these incidents took place in Detroit proper, and some did not.

You can't be totally safe anywhere. Take reasonable precautions to prevent foreseeable risks. The rest of it, roll with the punches. Good things and bad things happen to everyone, that's called "life". Whether you have a good and fulfilling life or an awful life of pain and sorrow has 1% to do with what happens to you and 99% to do with how you react to it.

Professor Scott

With help from Dave Barry, the humorist, who added to my knowledge of life when he wrote as advice "anyone who is mean to a waitress is, in general, not a nice person".

Supergay
Username: Supergay

Post Number: 92
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 1:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Super sorry you had to have crime.

But laughing at people's responses.

You reacted responsibly, good job. I had my purse stolen once, but fortunately the purse itself was the most expensive part and they left that behind!

(Message edited by supergay on September 27, 2007)

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1119
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 2:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Abra.... man that womps.

But....

any given day, crime only happens in Detroit according to people on the board.

BUT! when something happens in the burbs, the comment goes to "well crime happens anywhere"

Flyingj
Username: Flyingj

Post Number: 28
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 4:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Glad you're safe, unlike the Petit Family in the same scenario. I'm from a cop family but you oughtta know that's just dumb-to leave your doors unlocked. Screw that lard-ass Michael Moore crap about "leaving your doors open" as a declaration of safety After the "Night Stalker" we observe the "Sacramento Vampire Rule". He was a notorious serial killer who told police if he walked up to a door(like Michael Moore) & it was locked, he was not welcome. However if he found it open, that meant the homeowner wished to be mutilated & have their corpse raped. Heck, just rent the William Friedkin movie based on the case you'll get the idea.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R ichard_Chase
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt00 95958/

Warriorfan
Username: Warriorfan

Post Number: 816
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 7:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

any given day, crime only happens in Detroit according to people on the board.

Really? According to whom? I don't believe I've EVER seen anyone say that. If you mean that on a few occasions, someone might mention crimes that happened in Detroit on a DETROIT forum, well, what the fuck do you think people will talk about on a DETROIT forum? Crimes in Birmingham? Maybe all mention of crimes in Detroit should be balanced by mentioning a crime that occurred in the burbs, even though this is DetroitYES and not DearbornHeightsYES or RoyalOakYES.

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 880
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 7:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You have two young daughters and you didn't lock your doors? That's not too smart.

What type of locks do you have on your doors? I've got the kind you can lock in a matter of seconds.

Miss_cleo
Username: Miss_cleo

Post Number: 890
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 7:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shoot, happenes everywhere. We were broken into when we lived in Madison Heights and in Clinton Twp. Hasnt happened here...yet. Knock on wood. I ALWAYS keep the doors locked and my nearest neighbor is a mile away. I think its crazy to leave your doors unlocked, no matter where you live.

Raggedclaws
Username: Raggedclaws

Post Number: 59
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 8:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This reminds me of the forumer who left her purse in an unlocked car in Eastern Market and then was cowed when it got ripped off. Except this time the "stuff" left in an unlocked "container" was your daughters. Smart.

Thankful that nothing worse happened, but jeez...get a clue.

Miss_cleo

Post Number: 892
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 10:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just a q? Is a mile out of the city really considered suburbia? Cause I dont think it is.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 10254
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 10:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

{Is a mile out of the city really considered suburbia? Cause I dont think it is.}

Yes however there is often a differentiation of inner-ring suburbs.

Professorscott
Username: Professorscott

Post Number: 803
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 10:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How would you classify Hamtramck and Highland Park? "Inurbs"?

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 10260
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 10:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Enclaves is what I always hear them called. I believe that is for cities completely contained in another city like Centerline is an enclave of Warren.

I don't say it as fact just what I infer it to be from conversation.

Xd_brklyn
Username: Xd_brklyn

Post Number: 316
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 11:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Glad everything is ok and only some items were lost. NYC's Staten Island has recently been hit by a thief called The Ninja Burglar.

Maybe he has a relative in the Detroit area?

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 1709
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 11:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^That Ninja Burglar thing is crazy. He got stabbed with a steak knife at one of the houses he burglarized about a month ago and he's still back at it! I wonder did he got to a hospital for that wound...

Abracadabra

Post Number: 82
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 6:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ragged, there is no comparison between an unlocked empty car in a known crime area and an occupied residence with dogs. The idea that we should expect things like this to happen is ridiculous. I've already stated that I've learned my lesson, there is no cause to be a prick about it.

We do lock our doors when we leave. I just never thought anybody would have the balls to come in while we were home. I do work in homes all over the area, including Detroit. It always amazed me that people lock themselves in the house with 5 locks on the door. I never understood why you would want to live anywhere that would require that.

How many of you lock yourselves in?

Miss_cleo

Post Number: 894
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 7:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am home all day...alone....in the middle of nowhere. My doors are locked. Does living here require that? Probably not. Am I willing to chance it? no

Rustic
Username: Rustic

Post Number: 3175
Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 7:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

call me an optimist ... but I don't view it as locking myself in ... I view it as locking everyone else out ...

Jjw
Username: Jjw

Post Number: 457
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 8:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The dogs part is throwing me for a loop. I wish I could get mine to shut up when someone comes by the home. Thoughts: 1. The dogs knew who came in. 2. Get another dog with some common sense. They are born to bark.

Rustic
Username: Rustic

Post Number: 3177
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 8:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OR ... the dog stole the $ ...

Abracadabra

Post Number: 83
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm double checking to make sure the stones in my dog's collar aren't diamonds.

Just about everyone I have told this to thinks that it was someone who knows us. I've been watching the neighbor kids pretty closely, and they are acting a little weird. I've spoken to their parents, but I doubt they would sell them out. A couple of months ago they were harboring a kid that had shoplifted from CVS.

Texorama
Username: Texorama

Post Number: 64
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 10:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Isn't that a Sherlock Holmes story? He cracks the case when he realizes that the dog didn't bark; hence it had to be someone they knew.

Thursdaynext
Username: Thursdaynext

Post Number: 376
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 12:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since late spring the small neighborhood I live in (Redford, just 2 short streets) has had 4 home break-ins and 3 attempts, that I know of. I say "that I know" of because the Redford Township Police have made no effort to inform the residents in the area. They only way you find out is if a burglarized neighbor decides to speak up or if it happens to be reported in the local paper (both of which are rare). An elderly woman moved out a few months ago after someone kicked down her back door and injured her during the burglary. I found this out because I mow the lawn for her good friend who lives across the street. When I went to the police station to ask for more information (she didn't want to talk about it and I was wanting a description of the perpetrator), that is when I found out about a few other incidents. The police wouldn't give me the description of the thief because that was private info and I needed to ask my neighbor...the one who was too shaken up to even talk to her best friend about it. She moved before I could ever find out anymore.

Then, like Abra, I had fallen asleep on my sofa Sunday night on Labor Day weekend. About 3 in the morning my dogs started barking. When I woke up I figured they heard noise from the last few people leaving a party a few doors down. Then I heard someone try to enter my front door. Luckily my doors were locked and my dogs went off on a barking frenzy. While I waited for the police to arrive I found my back gate had been opened (this is what would have first set the dogs off) and then I found a nice wet boot print on my front porch. I was shaking like a leaf. I had been too scared to look out a window earlier to see if I could spot the person; I could barely unfreeze myself long enough to make the 911 call. The thing that really freaked me out was that my car was in the driveway, my front porch light was blazing, plus the street light at the end of my driveway, plus lights in the back of the house and there were people still around from the party. So this person would have been in plain view and they had no qualms about trying to enter a home that was obviously occupied.

This past Saturday my neighbor 2 doors down, had his home broken into. The next morning I had to ask my neighbor about what happened because when I called the police the night before to ask why there were 3 police cars and a German Shepherd sniffing around I was told "It's fine ma'am, there's nothing for you to worry about". When I asked if they could at least tell me if it was a break-in or attempt, because of what had been happening recently, I was told "you'll have to ask your neighbor because that's private information". My badgering for a straight answer and the tone of his voice when telling me he couldn't give me that information pretty much told me another break-in had occurred.

Thank you Redford Police for keeping the community informed. Thank you Miles Handy for renegotiating our trash service so Redford residents can have gigantic, matching blue garbage cans in the Spring, for only an extra $68,000, rather than hiring another much needed police officer.

In the meantime I'm doing what I can to notify my neighbors of what has been happening; many had no idea. As I sit here tonight typing this I look out the window nearly every time I hear a car door close or a car roll down the street. Normally this is a very quite neighborhood late evenings on the weekend, but the attempt to get into my house has left me jumpy and suspicious of any sound I hear at night.

Thursdaynext

Post Number: 377
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 1:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

P.S. Sorry my previous post was so long winded. I haven't felt very safe since I found out about everything that has been going on (plus in some other nearby neighborhoods); I needed to get it off my chest.

Abra I'm just glad to hear you and your daughters are okay and I'll keep my fingers crossed that they catch your Spidey-thief.

Abracadabra

Post Number: 84
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 1:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Tex, fuck off. I hope the person that comes in your house ass rapes you for being such a shithead on message boards.

Thursday, that certainly fits the m.o. here. I'm not far at all from Redford, and I doubt the thief could spot the difference or would even care. If it wasn't somebody that knows us, he'd probably just be happy that there aren't security doors or bars on our windows. The question now is, do we bother purchasing those, or move further from Detroit?

Abracadabra

Post Number: 85
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 1:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

P.S. Thursday, I'm glad to get the information. If this is a plague in our neighborhoods, I'd like to know. I'm glad yours wasn't severe, and thank you for your kind words. I'm having a hard time feeling safe, more so because of the fact that my daughters don't want to sleep in their own beds.

Thursdaynext

Post Number: 378
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 1:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well Abra, with home values falling and since I'm pretty sure Redford won't be on the Top 25 Safest Cities to Live list anymore...I can't afford to move!

There are a few options that come to mind as to who the perps might be over here. There are a decent amount of rental homes around here and this one in particular has some questionable looking folks living there, with even more questionable looking people attending their parties or just visiting; and a lot of this started happening after they moved in earlier this year.

Also, since Redford starting hosting July 4th Fireworks again, this has brought a ton more traffic (both by car and foot) into the neighborhood that was never there before. Even thought it's only for 1 night, I think this has made some folks who live nearby a lot more aware of this neighborhood.

My gut says it's someone very close by. My boyfriend lives in Ferndale and he told me about a bunch of break-ins a few years back that took place over a short amount of time on just a few streets, very similar to what's happening in my own neighborhood. Turned out the guy lived right within the neighborhood he was robbing. Definitely keep an eye on your neighbors kids.

Track75
Username: Track75

Post Number: 2606
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 1:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Texorama
Username: Texorama

Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 10:58 pm: Edit PostDelete Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Isn't that a Sherlock Holmes story? He cracks the case when he realizes that the dog didn't bark; hence it had to be someone they knew.

quote:

Abracadabra

Post Number: 84

Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 1:06 am: Edit PostDelete Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Hey Tex, fuck off. I hope the person that comes in your house ass rapes you for being such a shithead on message boards.

Just a bit of an over-reaction? From a list of the 10 Most Famous Sherlock Holmes Quotations:
quote:

Colonel Ross still wore an expression which showed the poor opinion which he had formed of my companion's ability, but I saw by the inspector's face that his attention had been keenly aroused.
"You consider that to be important?" he [Inspector Gregory] asked.
"Exceedingly so."
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.

The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes (1893)
Inspector Gregory and Sherlock Holmes in "Silver Blaze" (Doubleday p. 346-7)

http://members.aol.com/shbest/ quote/Tqhm.htm#incident

Abracadabra

Post Number: 86
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 2:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My bad, and my apologies to Tex. Not too familiar with Sherlock. I'm a little sore over the whole situation, and the previous people that had issues that have posted here (unlocked car purse grab in eastern market, the lady whose car got messed up at the Packard plant) took some abuse, and I refuse to. I'm sorry if I overreacted.

Abracadabra

Post Number: 87
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 2:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And, now, reading over it more carefully, I am completely wrong. Tex, I owe you one. Track, thank you for showing me the error of my ways.

Track75

Post Number: 2607
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 2:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BTW, Thursday, you could file a Freedom of Information Act request to get the police reports. It's strange that the police weren't more forthcoming.

You could try a neighborhood newsletter to get word out. In my neighborhood we have a weekly newsletter that's used to alert people of things to be aware of. The editor also has most residents' email addresses so "Flash" messages can be sent on lost dogs, suspicious happenings, seriously ill neighbors and such.

If you like the idea of a security camera setup, there's a webpage that shows "How to use your PC and Webcam as a motion-detecting and recording security camera".
http://www.simplehelp.net/2006 /09/27/how-to-use-your-pc-and- webcam-as-a-motion-detecting-a nd-recording-security-camera/

Good luck to you folks.

Track75

Post Number: 2608
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 2:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Abra, no problem, it was pretty clear and totally understandable that you were on a hair trigger given recent events. (I've been double checking my doors now too.)

Abracadabra

Post Number: 88
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 2:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, I do feel enlightened having now read "Silver Blaze". Tex, I can not apologize enough. The only problem is that it still leads me to someone that knew the dogs. I hope that is not the case. If it is not someone we know, I hope the good score they received doesn't send them back. Cabela's has a nice sale on a .38 for $300, I'd hate to have to use it.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 112
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 5:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thursday, you sound frustrated and angry. There is an active Neighborhood Watch program in Redford and I'm surprised the police didn't give you their information. I don't have it on me right now, but a call to the township hall will get it for you.

Abra, I completely understand your increasing paranoid feelings. Once you're a crime victim you start seeing everything in a different light, however, I would caution you from rash behavior. Buying a gun when your nerves are frayed is not the best of ideas. Even thinking about buying a gun is not a good idea right now.

I'm not anti-gun, but I am pro gun safety. A gun can be your best friend, or it can bring a sadness that you will never recover from.

Take it on the offensive, and get the girls involved, buy some motion detection lights, some new window stops, etc. If the girls help they will feel more empowered, they'll learn about tools and fixing things, and you will get to spend some time with them. Much better than having a .38 caliber rattle snake sitting on top of the dresser.

Again, I'm not anti-gun, I own three handguns, two shotguns and a long rifle. Thinking Charles Bronson thoughts makes for a good, bad movie; but it makes for a horrid real life. The snapping at Tex is a pretty good sign you're feeling a bit on edge. The regret you feel now wouldn't feel a thimble of the regret you'd feel if you shot someone by accident.

Raggedclaws

Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 9:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Abracadabra, you sound like a tool. If a few posts pointing out the obvious is all it takes to unhinge you, break-ins are the least of your problems.

It occurs to me that you might just be the "asshole on the block" that the kids like to fuck with. Ever think of that ?

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 938
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 11:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, Raggedclaws. Your moniker is fitting. Not cool at all on this one.

Raggedclaws

Post Number: 65
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 1:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, Kath...he advocates ass-raping for those who don't agree with him.

So who is it that's ragged ?

Abracadabra

Post Number: 89
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 1:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ragged, you have already proven yourself to be a world-class bitch on the forum. Your total number of posts that are positive or contribute anything remains at zero.

It occurs to me that you might just be projecting your own issues onto mine. Ever think of that?

Abracadabra

Post Number: 90
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 3:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Update : A little bit ago I looked out the window and there was a police cruiser in front of the neighbor's house. I eavesdropped on the porch and discovered one of the kids had gotten popped breaking into a garage to steal a bike. After their conversation I spoke with the officer, and come to find out the kid and his friends had already been arrested for breaking into a school. Twice. It also appears that they are responsible for a rash of bike thefts. I did confront the kid, who denied any knowledge of anything, but it is certainly looking like they were involved. I do advocate ass-rape as punishment of these punks, and it appears that they are setting themselves up for some in the near future, courtesy of Wayne County Jail.

Raggedclaws

Post Number: 66
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 8:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When you describe them as "kids" I assume you mean under the age of 17 ?

Suggesting sexual battery on a minor as punishment for theft...nice.

You sound like a real asset to your community. God help your children.

Still think I'm the bad guy, Ozark Kathy ?

Gnome

Post Number: 113
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2007 - 12:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Abra? You want to have anal sex with your neighbors children because you feel they broke into your house?

You do know that having anal sex with children is against the law?

Is that something you think is a good idea?

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 122
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2007 - 12:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gnome, I hope you're not serious. I hope Abra meant Ass-Whippins.

Abracadabra

Post Number: 92
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2007 - 12:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ragged, yes, kids as in under 17. And, no, I do not have a problem with the violators being, well, violated. I'm sure if someone had come into your house, you'd send them a nice bouquet. Thank you for the blessing on my kids. I'm sure, after growing up with you as a mother, your kids could use some blessings as well.

Drise, No no, I meant ass rapings. I never, however, said I would be the one pitching. Gnome, I'll send you an application, since you seem to be so interested.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 5429
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2007 - 12:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When one has gone thru not only the feelings of being violated that Abra has, plus the pain he had to go thru to cancel credit cards... I can think of far worse things to wish upon the perpetrators...

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 943
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2007 - 1:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Raggedclaws:

I reread the thread and Abra totally apologized to Tex for his outburst at least four times.

Then suddenly you appear and call him a tool:
Raggedclaws

Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 9:06 am:

------------------------------ ------------------------------ --------------------
Abracadabra, you sound like a tool. If a few posts pointing out the obvious is all it takes to unhinge you, break-ins are the least of your problems.

It occurs to me that you might just be the "asshole on the block" that the kids like to fuck with. Ever think of that ?
----------------------

Ragged, you didn't need to say those things after reading Abra's apologies. That's what I think.

Gnome

Post Number: 114
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2007 - 7:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Abra-

Please tell me you're making some sick joke in order to express your outrage. Advocating anal penetration on children - of any kind, for any reason - is wrong.

Jjw
Username: Jjw

Post Number: 459
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2007 - 8:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He was talking about those kids ending up in jail and having to deal with the thugs there. Give it a rest.

Ray
Username: Ray

Post Number: 1019
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2007 - 10:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I feel pretty safe living here.

In 50 years of living in (mainly suburban) Detroit, not one of my 40 family members and relatives has ever been the victim of a car theft, robbery, home invasion, buglary, purse snatching or other serious crime.

When I lived in Chicago and SF, I did experience some crime and some fear. But on the whole I felt pretty safe, especially in SF. In 20 years, I lost two bikes and a walkman and my roomate was mugged.

When I read these forum posts, I shake my head in disbelief. I don't know how people here put up with it.

Softailrider
Username: Softailrider

Post Number: 69
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2007 - 8:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Obviously , it's mostly luck of the draw . You can have somebody living on the worst street in the city and never have a problem . Then you can take a family living in Grosse Point Park who gets their house broken into with regularity . You know , like the chain smoker who lives to 100 , while some poor SOB who never touched tobacco gets lung cancer at 40 .

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.