Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Michigan.org and Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

French777
Username: French777

Post Number: 236
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 8:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wish that Michigan.org talked more about Detroit. The video is like 34 seconds long. I didn't even see eastern market or RIVERWALK.

I think for michigan to be stronger its main city needs to be strong. Example: Who goes to Illinois without going to Chicago. or if Chicago was a dump who would go to Illinois.

Im not implying Detroit is a dump

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 3363
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 9:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://michigan.org/

321brian
Username: 321brian

Post Number: 461
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is called michigan.org not detroit.org.

If Detroit looked like Chicago we wouldn't have a problem.

For the most part it is a dump. As far as everyone from put of state is concerned it and all of Michigan is also a dump.

Oldoak
Username: Oldoak

Post Number: 12
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 10:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, French777 -- from michigan.org there is a link to

http://www.visitdetroit.com

where I sent away for a free Detroit decal, the oval with DET inside. I had forgotten about that until nudged.

The general Michigan site is effective to point someone to a specifically dedicated site. One site for such a huge state could not be all things for all people -- or should it be?

Irish_mafia
Username: Irish_mafia

Post Number: 1060
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 12:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Pure Michigan campaign is actually one of those moments that I stop and listen... to the radio or TV...

and now we sit and plan our escape to the shore...

Eric
Username: Eric

Post Number: 937
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 1:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually did some wonderful Detroit centered ads that they were running not to long ago because they recognize, unlike some, that Detroit is NOT a dump and is important to MI tourism.

http://www.michigan.org/medc/a boutus/biz/index.asp?WT.svl=Ho me_Feat_Links_ads&showall=true &c=TM

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1621
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

most of detroit is a dump because people treat it as such

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 2846
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 3:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

maybe some PSAs could be made, and run on tv as well as on the scoreboards of the various sports venues - put trash in a trash can, pick up trash not in a can, respect the city, help keep it clean - everyone wants to be proud of where they live and work

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.