Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » What do you do in a situation like this (Eastpointe robbery/murder)? » Archive through September 28, 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Greatlakes
Username: Greatlakes

Post Number: 12
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 8:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One dead, one critical in Eastpointe party store shooting
Security Video: http://www.wxyz.com/mediacente r/local.aspx?videoId=6034@wxyz.dayport.com

Free Press story: http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20070928/NEW S04/70928036

Well, one guy is killed immediately. The other guy cooperates completely and is shot in the neck anyway.

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4986
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fuck, it was at Buscemis on Gratiot. Wonder what direction the perps went down Gratiot. Probably south but that's my opinion.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 62
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Fuck, it was at Buscemis on Gratiot. Wonder what direction the perps went down Gratiot. Probably south but that's my opinion."

Well I can agree on that because of 8 Mile rd. People always head to the quickest route out of the area. However, if you're insisting that they're coming from Detroit and just headed back, then I disagree. Many people on the site always assume that most crimes are committed by Detroiters.

By the way, I hope you didn't eat none of BuSCAMis' Pizza.

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 3364
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 9:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The first link is failing for me. The video is available on the right of this page: http://www.wxyz.com/news/local /story.aspx?content_id=4fdb23f d-da2a-42ec-ac9c-7b02ebeef7c2.

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 913
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 9:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What do you do in a situation like this? You move to the country and hope to hell that bastards like that don't come to your town.

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 914
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 9:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All good people of the Detroit area, run for your lives. The animals have taken over and there is no place for you.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 1355
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 9:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That video is stunningly clear. SOMEONE has GOT to recognize those two low-life sonsabitches.

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 279
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 9:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kath, I hope that was sarcastic.

Ravine

Post Number: 1356
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why must it be sarcasm? I think she made a fairly legitimate point.

321brian
Username: 321brian

Post Number: 460
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 9:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a couple of ghetto ass pieces of shi*.

I hope they get caught and the cops shoot them "resisting" arrest.

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 916
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 9:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tough to say if it's sarcastic or not. I really mean that good people should be able to live free of fear, but I know that's impossible.

No, I've thought about it and I was serious.

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 882
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 9:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

These guys are toast. It's just a matter of time before the police pick them up.

Then we get to pay for their meals and lodging for another 30-40 years. Great.

Here's hoping they don't give up easily and the police put a couple of bullets in their head.

Ravine

Post Number: 1357
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 9:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't live in a fuckin' downtown loft, or anything tres chic like that. I live in the Real Detroit, and it's good & fucked up. The animals HAVE taken over. Crime problem? Horrible. Drug problem? Horrible. Absent Father problem? Horrible. Unemployment problem? Horrible. Mayor who is an asshole? Horrible.
Don't get me started.

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 917
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ravine lives in Detroit. Ravine has spoken truth.

"You want the truth? You can't handle the truth."

Detroitrise and all the other blinder-wearing fools: You have lost control of YOUR city. The criminals now outnumber you and you are sunk.

Do you really want to keep making excuses for bastard animals who are ruining your quality of life? I guess you have to because you are scared sh..less and powerless to do anything about it.

Detroitrise

Post Number: 63
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 10:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whatever satisfies you all. You can't change my opinion on the topic.

Bearinabox

Post Number: 280
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 10:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know all that, I just don't think the most effective solution is for the entire "good" population of the metro area to move to the country. Somehow I think that will make the problem quite a bit worse.

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 918
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 10:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I for one don't want to change your opinion at all. I just want to be able to give mine freely as well.

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 919
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 10:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bear, that would be sweet! Wasn't there a movie about an entire city of criminals?
Who cares if the problem is worse, only criminals would live there. Big deal.

Bearinabox

Post Number: 281
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 10:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Who cares if the problem is worse

Well, uh, me, for one.

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 921
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, you would be one of the good people that moved to a good town :-)

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 2835
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not being sarcastic, but honest (sorry if this offends) - but if this keeps up I envision some race based gunplay developing.

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 922
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are shop workers allowed to have firearms behind the counter in Eastpointe?

Detroitrise

Post Number: 64
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Not being sarcastic, but honest (sorry if this offends) - but if this keeps up I envision some race based gunplay developing."

I for one am not offended. If anything, these people know that's the next step. You can never have a conversation about anything concerning Metro Detroit without mentioning race.

Bearinabox

Post Number: 282
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would still care, Kath. You can take the bear out of Detroit...

Greatlakes
Username: Greatlakes

Post Number: 14
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Whatever satisfies you all. You can't change my opinion on the topic.

And what exactly is your opinion on this situation?

(Message edited by GreatLakes on September 28, 2007)

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 4121
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 10:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

You can never have a conversation about anything concerning Metro Detroit without mentioning race.

Might that be because blacks continually play the race card? A self-fulfilling prophesy.

Detroitrise

Post Number: 65
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 10:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Might that be because blacks continually play the race card? A self-fulfilling prophesy."

Or the whites always trying to shove the race card under the rug (like a rat) and expecting it to stay there? A self-fulfilling prophesy.

And it begins...

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 923
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 10:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Or that Detroit is 83% or so black?

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 924
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 10:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ALL people can be nasty, horrible, without conscience.

Again, can business owners/workers in Eastpointe legally have firearms behind the counters?

Detroitrise

Post Number: 66
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 10:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Or that Detroit is 83% or so black?"

Or that the Metro Area as a whole is Majority White.