Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Michcon's Gas Storage Tanks « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ypsiman
Username: Ypsiman

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello all! Does anyone remember the huge (at least 150 ft.)Michcon Storage tanks that were located around the city. The one I remember best was on Schaefer & Lyndon on the N'west side. I was pretty young when they demolished it (1972/73). At he very top it had a neon sign saying " Gas is Best". I was wondering does anyone have a picture of it. Thanks!

Mikeg
Username: Mikeg

Post Number: 1193
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 5:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scroll down to the "Giant Natural Gas Storage Tank" thread on this forum (Discuss Detroit).

Ypsiman
Username: Ypsiman

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow! I didn't even think to scroll through the previous posts! Guess you can tell I'm a newbie! Thanks, Mikeg!

Mikeg
Username: Mikeg

Post Number: 1194
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2007 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the Forum, Ypsiman!

Besides scrolling down through the open threads to look for a previous thread on your subject of interest, there are a huge number of archived threads that are closed to new comments but which might have already addressed your subject.

Here is how to do a keyword search through the active and archived threads:

1) click on "SEARCH SITE" at left
2) click on "CLICK HERE TO SHOW FORUM SEARCH ONLY".
3) in the "Search by keyword" section, type in the keyword(s) you want to use in your search. If you are using multiple keywords, you should probably choose "AND (match all keywords)"
4) click on the "Perform Search" button at the bottom

It always helps to do a search before starting a new thread, since the odds are good that your subject has been previously discussed. After reading through the previous thread(s) and posts that were returned by your keyword search, if there is still an aspect of your subject that hasn't been covered, then create a new thread using a more tightly focused subject header and posting.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.