Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Carjacking victim shoots, kills assailant outside police HQ » Archive through September 29, 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sstashmoo
Username: Sstashmoo

Post Number: 441
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL, my post wound up on the wrong thread, it was supposed to be on the Buscemis robbery. I doubt it's a forum glitch.

Perfectgentleman
Username: Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 3092
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

evil comes in many forms, including those condoning wanton violence against others

I don't think defending yourself would qualify as wanton violence. Nobody chooses to be attacked.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 2849
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 3:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would try to shield them, but I would not be the one killing them. The assailant's responsibility does not transfer.

Chuckjav
Username: Chuckjav

Post Number: 115
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 3:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since Detroit's City Fathers are banking on legalized gambling as financial salvation; let's look at last night's shooting this way:

The perpetrators made the choice, of their own free will, to try something really stupid - nobody put a gun to their head...until it was too late.

Bottom Line: The punk-ass youthful offenders rolled the dice...and lost.

God Bless America.

Sstashmoo
Username: Sstashmoo

Post Number: 442
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I could handle being shot much more easily than handling having killed someone who might have never intended to harm me."

If someone aims a gun at you, they are intending to harm you.

Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 3094
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 3:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I would try to shield them, but I would not be the one killing them. The assailant's responsibility does not transfer.

Thejesus was right, you are weak. Shielding them would accomplish nothing, one bullet and you are out of the way and then its time to get rid of the witnesses (your loved ones). Disgraceful.

This demonstrates why people like you should never be in a position to affect public policy.

Lilpup

Post Number: 2850
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 3:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"If someone aims a gun at you, they are intending to harm you."

only if 'harm' = 'scare,' otherwise been there, done that, wasn't harmed

ps - It's against many company policies to do anything except co-operate with an armed robber

Chuckjav

Post Number: 116
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 3:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When someone points a gun at you - - - it is your ever-loving duty to kill that person.

If you don't end that person's life...odds are they will kill you, or someone else in the future.

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 401
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Two funny links... as you mention Youtube comments... be forewarned, they're approximately PG-13 due to words...

http://www.collegehumor.com/vi deo:1771556

http://www.collegehumor.com/vi deo:1776175

Lilpup

Post Number: 2851
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

honestly, PG et al, I think I'd rather be dead than have to live in a world dominated by your types

Chuckjav

Post Number: 118
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lilpup...nobody wants you to feel depressed and what-not; folks just want to stay alive and protect loved ones...that's all.

Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 3097
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

honestly, PG et al, I think I'd rather be dead than have to live in a world dominated by your types

A moronic statement. You don't want to live in a world where people advocate defending themselves and their loved ones against killers? If everyone was like you we would have no country and the globe would be in a primitive state of anarchy.

Be glad others are willing to risk their lives to protect your right to be a naive fool.

Lilpup

Post Number: 2852
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, I have no problem having a non-facist police department. You, on the other hand, seem to see police and the law as an impediment.

Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 3100
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Unfortunately the police are not there to protect you. They can't be everywhere. They draw a line around your body and make some attempts at finding your killer.

Lilpup

Post Number: 2853
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

congratulations, PG, the terrorists have won in your world

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 92
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 4:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now you're saying you have no trust in your Judical System. Yet, in the other thread, you sided with their handling of the court cases, saying the people in jail do deserve to be in there (when in reality, not everyone in jail desrves to bein jail).

Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 3104
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 4:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

congratulations, PG, the terrorists have won in your world

On the contrary, you are the one advocating not defending ourselves against them.

quote:

Now you're saying you have no trust in your Judical System.

I never said that first of all, but it doesn't matter if the perp is caught after I am already dead. The police are overworked and can't catch everyone. When they do catch someone and the person is convicted he is more than likely guilty.

Detroitrise

Post Number: 95
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 4:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I never said that first of all, but it doesn't matter if the perp is caught after I am already dead. The police are overworked and can't catch everyone. When they do catch someone and the person is convicted he is more than likely guilty."

They're overworked? It's their job! Police are here to protect and serve. Of course they can't catch everyone. The world isn't perfect. However, it doesn't give you a reason to take the law into your own hands. Besides, if he's guilty, he will likely spend his life in jail. I don't see why you think that's so bad though.

Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 3109
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If I am dead, the knowledge that the taxpayers will support the perp while he is in jail honing his criminal skills is of no consolation. Better that he be taken out with deadly force. Nobody MADE him make the choice to pull a gun on somebody, the hell with him.

(Message edited by perfectgentleman on September 29, 2007)

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 2238
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 5:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Unbelievable.

Detroitrise appears to think that these criminals had more of a right to rob this guy at gunpoint, possibly with the intent to kill him, due to whatever "might be happening in their lives" than they guy from Troy had a right to be left alone, protect his property and protect his life.

There's really not even a debate here. Detroitrise hasn't offer a single valid point to support his argument...You might as well be arguing for the molestation of children...

You're in the extreme minority here buddy.

Futurecity
Username: Futurecity

Post Number: 648
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 5:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't really think that Detroitrise is in the minority. At least not in the city of Detroit.

His attitude is why law enforcement does not work in the city. His attitude is why "Criminals Are King" in Detroit. His attitude is why Detroit cops don't give a shit (why should the cops have to fight just to do their job). Detroiters like him would prefer to be beaten, raped, robbed and murdered in record numbers, every year, (400 killed by pieces of shit last year, this year, next year and on and on and on) rather than have effective law enforcement.

And hey! That's exactly what he is getting.

The only sad part is that the car jacking didn't happen to him.

Vas
Username: Vas

Post Number: 805
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 6:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow. Look at all the hate on this website. Look at all the attacks upon each other. Why don't we settle this with a gun fight?

Calm down people. There are no compromises or listening with this tone. Toot your own horn, yell at each other call names.

This just in: Next thread will be on race, get your anger ready....

Once again this website's potential for communication is nullified by hotheads.

Enjoy the weekend.

Warriorfan
Username: Warriorfan

Post Number: 821
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This thread highlights one of the reasons why Detroit is the most violent big city in America, the helpless victim mentality. Only in Detroit would so many people come out AGAINST self-defense.

quote:

only if 'harm' = 'scare,' otherwise been there, done that, wasn't harmed

ps - It's against many company policies to do anything except co-operate with an armed robber

How the FUCK could you know what the intentions are of some piece of shit robber who is pointing a gun at you? Fine, if you want to have faith in the robber that he only wants to "scare" you, that's your choice. The only life you are risking is your own. But that's quite a price you'd be paying if you are wrong. Taking a human life would haunt anyone, including this carjacking victim who was forced to defend himself. But you know what, AT LEAST HE'S ALIVE. I'm sure given the choice, he'd rather live and go home and see his wife and kids again rather than take the chance that he'd end up like that poor woman in Hamtramck who was executed by her carjacker.

English
Username: English

Post Number: 581
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 6:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^ 100% concur with everything Vas said. SMH @ all these armchair sociologists and vigilantes.

Lilpup

Post Number: 2856
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 6:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"How the FUCK could you know what the intentions are of some piece of shit robber who is pointing a gun at you?"

Exactly

your negative view toward humanity is that most kill, therefore it's best to shoot first

my positive view toward humanity is that most don't shoot or kill, therefore one shouldn't shoot first

(Message edited by lilpup on September 29, 2007)

Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 3118
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 6:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Most humans DON'T kill, but a guy who is pointing a gun at you seems to be indicating that he is one of the exceptions.

Lilpup

Post Number: 2857
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 6:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^PG, see Warriorfan's question, posted above^^

Detroitrise

Post Number: 98
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"This thread highlights one of the reasons why Detroit is the most violent big city in America, the helpless victim mentality. Only in Detroit would so many people come out AGAINST self-defense."

That's interesting because were speaking of guns under the self defense umbrella and you say if the citizens of Detroit are against guns they're against Self-Defense (which is not the case). They are ways you can defend yourself without killing anyone. I've grew up to learn that only defenseless punks use guns. What if try to shoot one of those Bald Muscle heads out of self defense but he twists your arm off? Why do you think celebrities hire them instead of carrying around guns?

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 2240
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^I truly feel sorry for you and anyone whose care you are charged with...you just don't get it

Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 3122
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, you could defend yourself without killing someone, but a leg shot only gives him the chance to shoot you in the skull. Better that you don't take the chance. Drop him.