Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » What do you do in a situation like this (Eastpointe robbery/murder)? » Archive through September 29, 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 925
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 10:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So the majority wins?

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 4122
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 10:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In metro Detroit, who does the crime? Who does the time?

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 2837
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 10:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They probably can as long as it's a long gun or the employee has a CCW permit for a handgun. I don't know of any Michigan city that outlaws weapons in a private, non-bar business.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 67
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, I'm just going to stop because I'm arguing with white people, so it's a no-win battle.

However, I will say this, the color of your skin doesn't matter when it comes to committing crimes. You all can react anyway you choose, but a white person can commit a crime as well as a black person.

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 926
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, Lilpup.

I guess that an employee would have to be pretty quick to the draw to change the outcome of a robbery. Such a shame, it's horrible isn't it.

Greatlakes
Username: Greatlakes

Post Number: 15
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Wow, I'm just going to stop because I'm arguing with white people, so it's a no-win battle.

We're not all white or black in Metro Detroit. And thanks for ignoring my questions (what was your opinion on the situation) as usual.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 1362
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroitrise, where the fuck do you get off, presuming, and outright stating, that you are "arguing with white people?"

Detroitrise

Post Number: 68
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 11:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok, I said I'm done with it. I'm just so upset that the people on here usually assume that a Detroiter or black person (no matter what race makes the assumption) committed the crime (321Brian is a prime example).

Livernoisyard

Post Number: 4123
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 11:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's very easy in Michigan to acquire a CCW as long as the applicant isn't a convicted felon. Try Googling CCW + Michigan + application. The first of 87,500 hits is: Concealed Pistol Application and Instructions from the Michigan State Police Web site.

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 927
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 11:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, Detroitrise: I said that ALL people can be shitty before you did.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 1363
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 11:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe the disgusting, cold-blooded nature of the raw videotaped shooting has put some of us a few too many degrees over the edge, for the moment. I'm done with it, too. Peace to all, and Good Night...

Detroitrise

Post Number: 69
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's funny what you said earlier about the Animals and Criminals. That's a major stereotype on the city of Detroit I'm not a criminal and I don't think Animals or Criminals have taken over the city. So don't start with the childish "I did before you did" crap. I know there are criminals everywhere, but to say they've taken over one place is obscured. It would be like me saying that Suburbanites are taking over the farmlands because they think Detroit is being taken over by Criminals.

Greatlakes
Username: Greatlakes

Post Number: 16
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 11:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

It would be like me saying that Suburbanites are taking over the farmlands

Actually, I doubt many would disagree with you about that.

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 928
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 11:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Suburbanites ARE taking over the farmlands.

Detroitrise

Post Number: 71
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Suburbanites ARE taking over the farmlands."

So Criminals are taking over the city turning it into a dangerous ghost town and Animals are plotting to seek revenge on those Suburbanites as they fear the dangerous ghost town yet don't want to leave what the dangerous ghost town has to offer. You gotta love SE Michigan.

(Message edited by Detroitrise on September 28, 2007)

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 929
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 11:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"yet don't want to leave what the dangerous ghost town has to offer"

------------------

I know you know there's more to it than not wanting to leave what the dangerous ghost town has to offer.

Everyone feels sorry for the grand old City of Detroit. The good people will never leave her totally alone to be destroyed by the criminal element.

What was being said by my agreeing with you was that you were correct in your statement. People moving out to the once beautiful, pristine farmlands has completely changed, if not destroyed the eco-system of the area. I've always despised suburban sprawl. But, whatrugonnado?

Livernoisyard

Post Number: 4124
Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 11:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The ghost town of Detroit doesn't have much to offer to a suburbanite if one doesn't gamble or take in sporting events. A sports fan who never or rarely attends any Detroit games could just as well live in a lunar colony and support his team.

The majority percentage of metro Detroit employment isn't in Detroit and those parts of the inner burbs close to the CBD anymore. And those downtown jobs are still largely tied to the auto sector, its IT, and gubbermint.

OTOH, the vast majority of jobs are in the burbs and have been for eons. Hence, the relative unimportance of the city of Detroit. And that won't change anytime soon. I doubt that many cities of Detroit's size could claim bragging rights as Detroit can for having regular appearances of pheasants and deer in such close proximity to their CBDs.

(Message edited by LivernoisYard on September 29, 2007)

Eric
Username: Eric

Post Number: 935
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 12:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

All good people of the Detroit area, run for your lives. The animals have taken over and there is no place for you

What utter and complete BULLSHIT, senseless murders like these take place in every metropolitan area.

Livernoisyard

Post Number: 4125
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 12:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To imply that all metropolitan areas are just as dangerous as Detroit is also utter and complete BS.

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 930
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 12:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The first step to solving a problem is admitting that there is a problem.

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 283
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 12:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought the first step to solving a problem was to run away and forget about it.

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 932
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 12:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, ha ha ha.

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 183
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 12:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Convincing others there is a problem seems to be a problem inside of the problem.

Much like blowing a bubble inside of a bubble.

or for the simpletons..... like drilling a hole in water.

Eric
Username: Eric

Post Number: 936
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 12:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since the Detroit area was ranked 32 in violent crime I'd hardly call that a reason run for our lives. Maybe I should be packing heat the next time I visit the Orlando area they're way ahead us in violent crime, I'm surprised I didn't get mugged the minute I got off the plane.

http://www.crimetrends.com/id4 .html

(Message edited by eric on September 29, 2007)

Livernoisyard

Post Number: 4128
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 1:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Crime Trends "Detroit" area includes Warren and Livonia, BTW. How dangerous are those two latter communities? Saginaw (a top-rated bad place in Crime Trends 2006) would be considered much safer if their cattle were included.

Paintnprint
Username: Paintnprint

Post Number: 16
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 7:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Listers,
And locals wonder why nobody wants to move back to Detroit, or even the near-area.
I considered it, but I try to keep up with the list, and simply can't find a reason to move back, from Brooklyn.
Cheap land?
I can get that in Georgia, and not have my car hi-jacked, nor robbed, nor have my house broken into while I'm away because I don't have a dog, err, big dog.
Most of America ignores Detroit.
Those who fled from there have no reason to return.
And I'd really like to return home.
Wait.
Home is gone.
Move back to a city, and outlying areas, so my wife and I can get raped?
Why in the world would you want to return to Detroit, or anything in the general area?
Rot and crime is all I can see.
Slumpy is dead.
I no longer have a reason to return home since 1971.
Lots of Detroiters here in NYC, and none of them want to return home.
Detroit is a place/prison to escape from.
Regards
Koko

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 1565
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 7:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Considering how this crime didn't even happen in Detroit I find it funny that Detroit is getting the blame for this from all the usual suspects.

Random acts of violence happen everywhere and they can happen to anyone, hence the word random. This could happen on 26 mile just as it could happen on 6 mile. Acts like this do not mean we should head for the hills like Kathi says or piss on Detroit like LY gets off doing on a daily basis. It means we should, if we really care about fixing the issue that causes these random acts to happen, stick it out and fix the problem(s) that causes all of these murders and whatnot.

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 1566
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 7:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well then Paintnprint, don't move back if you don't want to. Why come on here and tell us about it? What was the point?

Michigan
Username: Michigan

Post Number: 1227
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 7:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, I'm just going to stop because I'm arguing with black people, so it's a no-win battle.

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1676
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 7:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"What do you do?"

Respond with greater police presence. Start pulling people over for that "Busted" tail light. I drive an older truck and got pulled over by a cop in my burb and got asked a bunch of questions. I thanked him for being there and doing his job.