Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Motor City Scramble « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mikeatthebook
Username: Mikeatthebook

Post Number: 6
Posted on Monday, October 01, 2007 - 10:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi - I wanted to say what a great time we had at this event over the weekend. http://www.motorcityscramble.c om

Kathie posted about it on this forum previously, and I want to thank her for organizing the race. It was great to see how much fun the participants had visiting all those Detroit landmarks.

Also, some forum posters might be interested to know that ItsJeff's memorial brick, near the carousel, was featured in one of the puzzles.

Motorcityscramble
Username: Motorcityscramble

Post Number: 3
Posted on Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 11:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Mike!
I'm so happy that you had fun at last weekend's Motor City Scramble!
I am glad that you noticed that I included "ItsJeff" in the race. I never met him before, but after reading all of the wonderful posts everyone made about him I went out of my way to find his brick(s) on the RiverWalk.

For those interested, one of the tasks that the racers had to perform was locating specific bricks while their partner rode non-stop on the carousel. One of clues was "Who saw the love and greatness in Detroit"? The answer being ItsJeff (Jeff Colby).

I figured it was a nice way for me to honor his memory and include him in an event that was designed to SHOW the love and greatness of Detroit.

My favorite thing about the race was that total strangers were stopping the racers along the way and offering to help with directions and clues! Plenty of self-proclaimed "proud Detroiters" got to play a small role in the day's festivities!

I am so proud of how the event turned out, and even more proud that I had the chance to brighten the day of many Detroiters.

Thanks to all who participated!

Oldoak
Username: Oldoak

Post Number: 35
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congratulations -- hope next year is great too! Fantastic idea.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.