Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » What do you do in a situation like this (Eastpointe robbery/murder)? » Archive through September 30, 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Michigan
Username: Michigan

Post Number: 1228
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 8:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Quality of life crimes"- it has worked in lots of other cities. But, I think in Detroit enforcing the law might turn into racial discussion.

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 4133
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The murder and attempted murder (both at point blank range) occurred essentially at the border of Detroit, and some idiot makes the distinction that they didn't happen IN Detroit. How comforting!

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 72
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 10:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The murder and attempted murder (both at point blank range) occurred essentially at the border of Detroit, and some idiot makes the distinction that they didn't happen IN Detroit. How comforting!"

Well just read the name of the Topic. These low lives could be coming from Warren, SCS, Harper Woods, Roseville, etc.

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 934
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 10:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will bet you five dollars that the guys came from Detroit. And I will also add that they will never find the guys.

Detroitrise

Post Number: 73
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 10:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I will bet you five dollars that the guys came from Detroit. And I will also add that they will never find the guys."

That's my point exactly. You people always assume the criminals were Detroiters. It doesn't help either if you care so much about Detroit because you're only hurting it continuing to put those assumption on him.

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 884
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 10:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^ They'll catch these guys, no question about it.
They all but looked directly into the camera and smiled. The images of them are too clear for someone not to ID them.

There's a reward for their capture so someone going to be collecting some money. Police have ways of getting friends/family to talk.

Oliverdouglas
Username: Oliverdouglas

Post Number: 133
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 10:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cambrian: Thanks for the only calm and rational post on this thread.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 2840
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I will bet you five dollars that the guys came from Detroit. And I will also add that they will never find the guys."

I think you might lose on at least half that bet.

I'm sure most here have heard about the Southfield cop who shot a driver who tried to run him down the other day near Telegraph & 10 Mile. I suspect many jumped to the conclusion the driver was black and probably from Detroit.

Surprise! - it ws a white guy from West Bloomfield with a white buddy from Redford.

And the Hamtramck carjacker from last week turned himself in yesterday.

What say you now?

(Message edited by lilpup on September 29, 2007)

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 936
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 10:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's my point exactly. You people always assume the criminals were Detroiters. It doesn't help either if you care so much about Detroit because you're only hurting it continuing to put those assumption on him.
--------------------

No, I really mean that I will mail you five dollars if the guys aren't from Detroit. It's a bet. Do you want in?

Detroit is a her.

This thread isn't about your or my perceived loyalty to The City. It's about a terrible crime that happened just outside the City Limits. And by the way, what was that area called before it became Eastpointe?

Detroitrise

Post Number: 75
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 10:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"This thread isn't about your or my perceived loyalty to The City. It's about a terrible crime that happened just outside the City Limits. And by the way, what was that area called before it became Eastpointe?"

None the less, they still had a separate government and municipal department (not to mention population) from Detroit. IT officially makes it another suburb.

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 937
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, not 'none the less'. I am asking, what was the area called BEFORE it became Eastpointe? Seriously, was it Deroit or Warren or what? Because I think it was called Detroit and I remember they wanted to separate from the City, hence the name and gov't change to Eastpointe.

Lilpup, what say I now? Really, it is just a bet and I will eat my hat and apologize all over the place if the guys are from SCS or somewhere other than Detroit.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 2841
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 11:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At the time they changed their name Eastpointe was a separate, distinct city called East Detroit - there was no government change.

It was purely a marketing gimmick, as if dropping "Detroit" and adding "pointe" would make them crime free or solve budget issues.

(Message edited by lilpup on September 29, 2007)

Kathinozarks

Post Number: 939
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 11:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh yeah, that's what I remember. Thanks for straightening me around, Lilpup.

Lilpup, have you noticed that you are very helpful? Thanks.

Perfectgentleman
Username: Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 3075
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

East Detroit was a separate entity and was (and still is) a safer community. They were tired of being associated with a failed city that they were not a part of. They had no illusions about becoming "crime free" as a result of a name change.

Futurecity
Username: Futurecity

Post Number: 646
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those pieces of shit "rolled up Gratiot" from the D to commit a brutal crime. No doubt about it.

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4988
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 2:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My question is what do you do in this situation? Do you pray? I mean, really, the victims did what they were told. I am guessing they stay behind the glass, if there is any, at night.

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 184
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 3:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And the makers of Bullet proof glass continue to thrive.

These %$#@'s need to be caught and shot. Starting with the kneecaps.........

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 1568
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Patrick, I am assuming you either kill or you die, and I would rather do the former.

Eric
Username: Eric

Post Number: 939
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

The murder and attempted murder (both at point blank range) occurred essentially at the border of Detroit, and some idiot makes the distinction that they didn't happen IN Detroit. How comforting!

No more like an idiot assumes that every crime like this in a 'burb near the city must've been done by a Detroiter. It seems at least one of the scumbags didn't roll up Gratiot, but down it from Mt Clemens. I know it may hard for like the LY, Kath and Futurecity to accept such a disgusting crime could possibly be committed by a non Detroiter.

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.d ll/article?AID=/20070929/UPDAT E/709290410/1409/METRO

Detroitrise

Post Number: 106
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Or they rolled down Interstate 94 to that Exit 227.

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 223
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 7:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think that he maybe was from West Bloomfield.

Tarkus
Username: Tarkus

Post Number: 388
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To bad the shop owners didn't have a gun like the guy in front of DPD.

Futurecity

Post Number: 652
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 10:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I still bet they were "stayin" just down Gratiot in the D.

Futurecity

Post Number: 655
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 11:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And isn't that Buscemis the first party store you get to when "rollin' up Gratiot" from the D that doesn't have bullet proof glass?

Detroitrise

Post Number: 118
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 11:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, you're judging the situation and don't even know which party store it is. Yes, you're right. it's the one that sells the bad Pizza and has the big fat stand-alone sign that you can see for miles. Next time, do your research on the situation before making conclusions.

Michigan

Post Number: 1229
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 11:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroitrise, you said he doesn't know what he is talking about, then you said he is right. Which is it? You sound like a dunder head.

Scs100
Username: Scs100

Post Number: 1497
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 11:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, he sounds like Urbanize.

Michigan

Post Number: 1230
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 11:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

possible,possible

Atwater
Username: Atwater

Post Number: 4
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2007 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I'm just so upset that the people on here usually assume that a Detroiter or black person (no matter what race makes the assumption) committed the crime

Ummmmm gee, those criminals, those KILLERS, sure looked black to me! (Here is the link to the video again http://www.wxyz.com/news/local /story.aspx?content_id=4fdb23f d-da2a-42ec-ac9c-7b02ebeef7c2). It's just way too bad that one of those hard working store clerks didn't take both of those thugs out first. They don't deserve to live.

Detroitrise

Post Number: 119
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2007 - 12:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Detroitrise, you said he doesn't know what he is talking about, then you said he is right. Which is it? You sound like a dunder head."

Both you and Futurecity know what I mean. I was saying yes for his question about the location of the party store. For his assumption of the overall incident, I was completely disagreeing with him.