Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Oh Isaiah! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 118
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2007 - 12:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Seems our old friend has run afoul of a Federal Jury which found that Mr. Thomas sexually harassed a female assistant.

http://www.9wsyr.com/content/n ews/breakingnews.aspx?content_ id=7cb61ee7-35c8-452c-8d1c-5ce 7c993095b

Dannyv
Username: Dannyv

Post Number: 21
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2007 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

gnome, it sure seems someone made the correct decision years ago, whether to keep Isiah in a management position with the pistons. he's been nothing but trouble no matter where he's gone. piston fans should be grateful to have the ownership and management on board that will keep the team competitive.

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 3235
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2007 - 2:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Complete the phrase:

Zeke the____________

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 2280
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2007 - 2:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We'll, as a black man, he's still allowed to call black women "bitches"...

they can't take that away from him...

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 4993
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2007 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He showed his true colors by making that statement. Fuck him

Gnome

Post Number: 120
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2007 - 3:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now hold on minute, Whoppie Goldberg will certainly point out - just as she was so kind to do for Mike Vick - that black men have a different cultural traditions which need to be respected and admired.

It serves no purpose to denigrate Zeke's culturial identity just because a verdict was obviously rendered by a biased jury. He is a successful man, just like OJ, who should be given a wide berth to express himself in anyway he chooses. To do otherwise would be just another example how society hates black people.

Just ask Kanye West.

Jrvass
Username: Jrvass

Post Number: 239
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2007 - 6:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I doubt his mother would encourage him to call women "bitches". I did that once to my mother... my older brother almost ripped my head off. I was maybe 14 or 15.

Tkelly1986
Username: Tkelly1986

Post Number: 416
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2007 - 7:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gnome, I am assuming you are being sarcastic

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 1971
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2007 - 7:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well he sure can't blame his lawyer. He retained one of the best Detroit lawyers in the business and she sure knows how to try an employment case.

Gnome

Post Number: 122
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2007 - 7:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TKelly-
Good assumption.

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 891
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2007 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When some people get in trouble it's kind of a shock. A sexual harassment charge against Joe Dumars would be surprising.

I'm not the slightest bit surprised that Isiah was involved with something like this.

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 415
Posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2007 - 11:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can't imagine even thinking of calling my mother a bitch...I raised my hand once to block a slap to the face...which I deserved...and thought I was going to lose my life. I can't imagine calling any woman a bitch...I sure thought of it with an ex-wife but I don't think I ever did.

Gnome: sure glad you were being sarcastic...unfortunately too many would think the same...in a serious vein.

Gnome

Post Number: 123
Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2007 - 6:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I do think it is interesting that we as a society love to think of our sports stars as being good people. In reality the personality traits that make people super competitive on the playing field, are the same traits that make them miserable people.

There are always exceptions like Joe Dumars, Stevie Izerman, or Gordie Howe but think Denny McClain, Ted Williams, The Yaz, Bobby Laine, Ty Cobb, OJ, Charlie Hussle ... all great players, but as human beings, not nearly as successful.

I know everyone has feet of clay, but it is always a big dissapointment to find that out.

Abracadabra
Username: Abracadabra

Post Number: 102
Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2007 - 8:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would think that Zeke could harass a lot of attractive women and get away with it. Fame, fortune, and he's got that smile. I have no idea why he would want to try anything with this nasty looking broad. I wouldn't harass that if someone paid me.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 439
Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2007 - 8:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is what happens with certain people who feel entitled and get away with murder if they can dunk a ball, hit a homer or throw a touchdown pass.
Zeke proves the Peter Principle correct. Joe Dumars is the exception. Not many successful athletes become successful sports executives. Same with super stars becoming great managers.

Dannyv
Username: Dannyv

Post Number: 23
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this article will give you some background on the character of Isiah from one of his reluctant supporters. still, it's a balanced assessment.
http://www.slate.com/id/217528 5

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 2435
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

This is what happens with certain people who feel entitled and get away with murder if they can dunk a ball, hit a homer or throw a touchdown pass.

Or run a shop floor. Or own a bar. Or become cops. Or are the mayor. Or become president.

Entitlement and harassment is not a domain solely occupied by professional athletes.

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 276
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 2:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

too bad they couldn't bring past settlements up at the trial...she prob would have gotten more

oops, did I say that...:-)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.