Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Could We Please Just Stop It!? » Archive through October 01, 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 97
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My user name isn't Detroitrise for nothing. You people are always blaming Detroit for something (whether it's the citizens or the government). Yet, the next second, you feel sorry for Detroit (because you claim you love him). What's the deal, do you want Detroit to fail or excel?

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 2239
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What and who, specifically, are you referring to?

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 6386
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 7:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Plus I think Detroit is a she.

Detroitrise

Post Number: 99
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Check out the State Shutdown threads, the one about the Robbery in front of the Police HQ and the one about the robbery in Eastpointe.

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 5028
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 7:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Drise...you have to understand...

when it is something good about the city when they mention 'Detroit' then they are referring to the city itself....

When it is something negative, when they mention 'Detroit' then they are more often than not are referring to the demographic that makes up the majority of its population...

Oakmangirl
Username: Oakmangirl

Post Number: 440
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 7:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think "you people" are the reference.

Detroitrise, welcome to the forum, but be aware there's a bit of irony in the name DetroitYES given the amount of negativity out here. Please continue to post as we need some optimism; just grow a thick skin because many resort to personal attacks. Just some observations....

Detroitrise

Post Number: 100
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 7:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, I just don't feel it's fair to judge Old Man Detroit for what its citizens does (negatively of course). That's why I always blame the individual or group and not a whole city. This was started by the media and we're doing nothing but putting food on these people's plates by doing it ourselves.

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 5030
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 7:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

C:

Detroitrise

Post Number: 101
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 7:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol Detriot_stylin, bad timing.

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 5031
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah Drise....as I was posting you beat me to it...

lol

Thejesus

Post Number: 2243
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry Detroitrise, but your "oh the poor carjacker" attitude is pretty anti-Detroit if you ask me...so is support for the city's corrupt, arrogant government..

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 5033
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 7:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Similar to the corrupt arrogant repugnican controlled state house eh TJ?

None
Username: None

Post Number: 67
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 7:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit_stylin

"When it is something negative, when they mention 'Detroit' then they are more often than not are referring to the demographic that makes up the majority of its population"

"they"

Fucking Racist, piss off

Detroitrise

Post Number: 104
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 7:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Sorry Detroitrise, but your "oh the poor carjacker" attitude is pretty anti-Detroit if you ask me...so is support for the city's corrupt, arrogant government.."

Well sorry Thejesus, but I didn't ask you. I don't know how it was an anti-Detroit attitude. The carjacker was in the wrong place at the wrong time. This could have happen in any city anywhere on this planet. Crimes like this are not just a Detoit thing, thus it can't be Anti-Detroit, but Anti-pity.

In addition, I am not supportingg our government. I'm supporting Detroit itself and all the history and spirit is has to offer. However, it is all blind sighted by the Media's constant attacks on his citizen's wrong doings.

(Message edited by Detroitrise on September 29, 2007)

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 5035
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 7:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yep None...you got me dead to rights....

I am indeed a racist

*ctfu @ that notion and wonder if None made the same comment to perfectgentlemans 'final solution' to the problems in the Black community*

Perfectgentleman
Username: Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 3127
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 7:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I never referred to it as the final solution DS, and the idea has indeed been tried with public support. It also would not only apply to the "black community"

Thejesus

Post Number: 2245
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 7:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Similar to the corrupt arrogant repugnican controlled state house eh TJ?"

Absolutely.

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 5039
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But you were merely speaking OF the Black Community throughout that thread. Feeling the urge for waffles now PG?

(Message edited by Detroit_stylin on September 29, 2007)

Yvette248
Username: Yvette248

Post Number: 983
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 8:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome Drise.

We are circulating a petition to get Lowell to create a DetroitNo forum. Then we can kick the naysayers off and focus on actually BUILDING our community.

Perfectgentleman
Username: Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 3132
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 8:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Feeling the urge for waffles now PG?

Nope.

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 224
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 8:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^- that would be interesting, i wonder what thread would get more posts.
Detroitrise
first - "My user name isn't Detroitrise for nothing. You people are always blaming Detroit for something "
next - Check out the State Shutdown threads, the one about the Robbery in front of the Police HQ and the one about the robbery in Eastpointe.

Q? Point blame elsewhere, just not Detroit?

Oakmangirl
Username: Oakmangirl

Post Number: 442
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 8:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yvette248,

As has been said before this is DetroitNO.

;-)

Tarkus
Username: Tarkus

Post Number: 387
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 8:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroitrise..Who the hell are the "you people" that you are reffering to.

(Message edited by tarkus on September 29, 2007)

Detroitrise

Post Number: 116
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 8:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"You People" on the site (they know who I'm talking to).

Ffdfd
Username: Ffdfd

Post Number: 206
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 9:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why are people welcoming Urbanize like he's a newbie?

quote:

Similar to the corrupt arrogant repugnican controlled state house eh TJ?

I am neither a republican nor a democrat, and I can't take seriously the opinion of anyone who uses terms like repugnican or libtard or any such lame attempt at an insult. Oh, and for the record, the republicans do not control the state house. Ask Speaker of the House Andy Dillon or Minority Leader Craig DeRoche.

None
Username: None

Post Number: 69
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2007 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit_stylin

"Yep None...you got me dead to rights....

I am indeed a racist"

Cool so am I, when ya wanna hang out and hate on some people and what not

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 1677
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2007 - 5:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wouldn't let the Turkeys get you down DR. Some need to validate thier decision to leave by reinforcing how "dangerous" Detroit is. Others still, like to be from a "bad" city because it helps them with thier "tough" image. That's why these types get something out of posting murders or hyping crime waves. Neither will look at reason or facts and will continue to call you stupid when you try to make them see otherwise. So, do what I did by deciding not to spend much time on the crime posts. And of course, keep on going into the city and having a great time as do many of us.

Detroitrise

Post Number: 132
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2007 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Cambrian, although I already live within the city.

(Message edited by Detroitrise on September 30, 2007)

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 1577
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2007 - 5:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I get tired of the constant accusations of racism and race threads. Which if you think about it, race threads or threads that turn racial make up approximately half of what gets posted here and in the Non Detroit section.

Margaret
Username: Margaret

Post Number: 185
Posted on Monday, October 01, 2007 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey, DS: go for that "what not" offer of None's! LMAO (what is ctfu? sorry to be so clueless...)

hey, Mayor, I totally agree! it's really tiresome how pretty much ANY discussion on here ends up with accusations of racism. I've been called a racist and a redneck on here by at least one poster...it's ridiculous! it's like a depressing, bad, broken record. so, "you people" who insist on resorting to the "just call 'em racist" thing, get a grip and let's talk actual solutions! Reverse bigotry is NOT a helpful, productive thing. how 'bout we ALL get over it and work together to solve problems???