Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Wayne County and ecomonic development in Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eric
Username: Eric

Post Number: 951
Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2007 - 2:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I noticed in the BoA story, that they were just meeting with the mayor. Also, in the recent story of two companies moving downtown from Oakland County there was no mention of county involvement So I'm wondering how active is the county in working with the city to attract new businesses?

Trainman
Username: Trainman

Post Number: 537
Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2007 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Wayne County Transit Authority (W.C.T.A.) is working to pass a one half cent county sales tax to pay for the operating costs of SMART and DDOT.

This will promote more job growth and attract more tourists according to transit advocacy group members.

Let's put them on television, so they can explain how transit taxes work.

Please support my cause for debates on how to bring back Michigan.

We need more brains and not more tax increases, in my opinion.

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 2432
Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2007 - 6:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good point Eric, Oakland County government is heavily involved in their development regardless of the city, don't hear much about Wayne County

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.