Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Help... I need all of the people with connections and resources « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

586luvfor313
Username: 586luvfor313

Post Number: 11
Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2007 - 10:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For all the years I have been reading and not posting, I have always been amazed with the sources of information people have or can find to answer questions. Arc of Detroit can't supply me with list of classmates but only my school records. Does anyone know how someone can get a list of classmates for a particular year at Holy Name of Jesus on 6 and Van Dyke?

Frank_c
Username: Frank_c

Post Number: 1299
Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2007 - 10:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

www.classmates.com ??????

586luvfor313
Username: 586luvfor313

Post Number: 12
Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2007 - 10:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Unfortunately not to many people list a school they went to for 2-3 years. Holy Name enrollment took a hit during the white flight of 78/79 and most people just don't list a school that is no longer around. I appreciate you responding.

Gazhekwe
Username: Gazhekwe

Post Number: 731
Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2007 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Have you checked with the Archdiocese?

Buyamerican
Username: Buyamerican

Post Number: 182
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 9:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The school is listed in Classmates.com. It was a K-12 school. I am a member of Classmates and
if I can help, let me know what you want me to do

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 931
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 11:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Perhaps the religious order that taught at the school has an archive. I know the IHM Sisters in Monroe kept archive boxes for every year at every one of their schools and those are still available to researchers - even for the closed schools.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.