Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Breakfast at Cappy's Place « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Chuckjav
Username: Chuckjav

Post Number: 187
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 8:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey....all you Wayne Staters & pre-Comerica Park Hipsters: Holler back if you were ever a Sunday morning breakfast regular at Cappy's Place - Park Shelton Building, across from Institute of Arts.

Holler

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 2948
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 9:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Holla.

I ate at Cappy's now and then when I was at CCS. I had always heard the place was shut down a few times by the health department, but that was before I started going there. Seemed alright to me. This is when Utrecht was over there, before they bought Charrette's and moved into that space, and made my walk for supplies a little longer.

Johnlodge

Post Number: 2949
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 9:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh yeah, Holla back if you enjoyed a nice jumbalaya at Z's Place before WSU tore it down to build their bookstore.

Jan
Username: Jan

Post Number: 25
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 9:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's a holla. I spent many a Saturday in the '80s and early '90s having breakfast at Cappy's, especially when I lived in the Park Shelton.

My favorite was the special with eggs, pancakes and sausage.

And Z's was okay, but Verne's was my favorite.

jan

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 4208
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 9:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yep, my favorite Sunday breakfast joint too.

J_stone
Username: J_stone

Post Number: 398
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 10:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Count me too.

Iddude313
Username: Iddude313

Post Number: 111
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Holla up in here!
I ate at Cappy's and shopped at Utrecht whilst @ CCS.
And the International Institute had the bomb chicken curry.
Yum!

Chuckjav
Username: Chuckjav

Post Number: 196
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You Folks Rock.....Nice that you mentioned Utrecht too - loved that place, so did my children: "Daddy, I need clay...and paint...and paper....and a frame" - - - you get the idea.

Johnlodge

Post Number: 2965
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 3:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh yeah, forgot about International Institute. They had some tasty little dishes, if you even knew there was a cafeteria downstairs. A hidden little treat.

Southofeight
Username: Southofeight

Post Number: 107
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On Warren, a few doors down from Marwill's, wasn't it the Ice Cream Co. that had those kickass, loaded baked potatoes for, like, a buck?

Msamslex
Username: Msamslex

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 5:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Used to work in the Wayne State area. Co-Workers and I would go to Z,s for lunch. The jambalaya was good and so were the fried chicken wings.
Did they reopen anywhere else?

Iddude313
Username: Iddude313

Post Number: 112
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 6:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z's moved north to Piquette and is Z's Villa.
Right behind Mr. Mike's on Woodward.
Seems more busy nowadays than it ever was.

Dhugger
Username: Dhugger

Post Number: 190
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 7:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Holler: many a breakfast there at Cappy's Place in the 80's. Usually after a serious night of partying the night before. We all got to swap stories and see who slept with who the Saturday night before.

Davetroit
Username: Davetroit

Post Number: 29
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I always think about checking out Z's Villa on Piquette.
How is it?

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 602
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 10:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

pre russell street I would go to Cappys and the coney king for breakfast with my family at least once a month I loved there french toast. Those were the day.

Davetroit- Z's is pretty cool shuttle to games, outdoor volleyball and seating, as well as decent pizza and I have heard good things about other food there. Plus it is usually pretty quick, compared to most other establishments.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.