Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Animal control in Detroit? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Falstaff
Username: Falstaff

Post Number: 58
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 9:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Roaming dogs randomly attacking people on the streets of Detroit. Note to mayor - spend less time defending whistle blower lawsuits and more time removing packs of wild dogs from neighborhood streets.

From WDIV's web site:

Officer Shoots Pit Bull After Attack

This is NOT effective animal control.

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 601
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 10:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hell if some one would give me space and a grant for start up I would open up a no kill shelter but that wouldn't help the wild dog problem but may eliminate some other problems that there are with dogs in the city...

If Kwame hadn't had the two strippers at his party killed then he would have been found guilty the first day in the whistle blower case.<--not confirmed but heard it from a detroit cop who I went to school with both killed with 9mm one in atlanta one on the west side of detroit...

but I seriously would do any thing I could to help stop the dog problem in detroit if I had help with start up...

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1354
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 11:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, that cop unloaded on that dog. What was that, half a dozen shots?

None
Username: None

Post Number: 113
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 11:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Seek and you shall find, knock and it will be opened

Falstaff

Post Number: 59
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 11:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anybody saying Detroit is "coming back" when wild dogs roam the streets in packs and remaining businesses have their copper phone lines stolen on a weekly basis is whistling past the graveyard.

Harpernottingham
Username: Harpernottingham

Post Number: 284
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 12:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit: It's Gone to the Dogs

Pythonmaster
Username: Pythonmaster

Post Number: 110
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 12:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have seen abandoned dogs while photographing in the woods on Belle Isle several times. Very sad.

Falstaff

Post Number: 60
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 1:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why won't the roving packs of pit bulls attack the copper thieves?

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 83
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 2:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The DPD is animal control after 5:00p.m.

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 2441
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 8:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lots of crazy stuff going on lately

Perfectgentleman
Username: Perfectgentleman

Post Number: 3423
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 8:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thats a cop that seems to enjoy his job! He did the right thing.

Ltdave
Username: Ltdave

Post Number: 94
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 8:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

[quote]The DPD is animal control after 5:00p.m.[quote]

yes but nothing will happen until AC opens at 10am. we had a beautiful docile rottweiler in our parking lot the other day. he came over and laid down at my feet while i worked on some gates...

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 449
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 8:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My brother was working on a construction job in Detroit and had a dog chew through a tire. He ended up getting the dog for the cops when they arrived.
That was just a few weeks ago.

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 84
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 9:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We had a pit bull get into our yard one evening and called AC. We were transferred to DPD an they came out with the same equipment AC uses. They took the dog in thier car. It was about 8:00p.m.

Abracadabra
Username: Abracadabra

Post Number: 112
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 1:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anybody ever watch Animal Cops Detroit on, I believe, Animal Planet? A few scary stories, but mostly sad ones.

Falstaff

Post Number: 61
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe the copper thieves let the dogs roam to divert attention from their actions?

This madness has to stop!

Falstaff

Post Number: 62
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just drove down Eight Mile Road and saw five dogs in a field on the Detroit side. We should find the cop in the channel 4 video and have him come over. He knows how to handle this problem.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.