Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Detroit and war... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Kickinit
Username: Kickinit

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 1:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's an interesting thought that came up in conversation earlier: Henry Ford was a known anti-Semite, and was quoted in Mein Kampf. Later, Detroit's war machine helped to defeat Hitler and win WWII. On the flip side, our automobiles enabled the suburban sprawl and excess so endemic to American society, and with their gas-guzzling ways are probably largely responsible for the present mess in Iraq.

Hans57
Username: Hans57

Post Number: 202
Posted on Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 10:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, I guess we could make the conclusion that Detroit will be the demise of America or even the world, right? I've put some thought into that before. Detroit probably has contributed more to global warming than any other city in the world. With that in mind I think we have the obligation to right our wrongs. The car companies are headed in that direction, I have faith in our future.

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 2320
Posted on Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

uh, he did bit more than simply get quoted in Mein Kampf...

He wrote this:

http://www.amazon.com/Internat ional-Jew-Worlds-Foremost-Prob lem/dp/1593640188/ref=pd_bbs_s r_1/104-5771503-0233569?ie=UTF 8&s=books&qid=1191766111&sr=8- 1

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 161
Posted on Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 10:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So, kickinit, by extension of your logic; Henry Ford caused the War in Iraq.

jezze pal, I know we live in strange times, but why not put the blame for societal woes on Guttenberg for inventing moveable type? Or the first guy to invent fire?

What does Henry Ford being an anti-semite has to do with global warming? Henry Ford was NEVER quoted in MEIN KAMPF. It was Hilter that was quoted in the Dearborn Independent also Hank was behind a widely circulated pamphlet titled The International Jew.

So Hank was a jew-baiting anti-semite who put the world on wheels with mass producing a machine that has brought more prosperity to more people than any other single invention.

jumps in logic and half truths are silly, but if you're serious I'll be at the corner of Schaffer and grandriver at 2pm today, you can drop off your car to me there and I'll give you bus fare back. That way you won't be burdened with owning a car.

Detroitsuperfly
Username: Detroitsuperfly

Post Number: 100
Posted on Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 11:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Henry FOrd was an a-hole. No doubt about that. But the anti-semetism in Nazi Germany had momentum that would have been there whether Ford was a dick or not.

Although, it says volumes about Ford that he was so much of an a-hole that Hitler sent him a fan letter.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 2892
Posted on Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

so did Clyde (Bonnie & Clyde) Barrow - big deal

and Ford didn't cause the war in Iraq since his preferred choice of fuel was ethanol

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 164
Posted on Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 12:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

True, Hank was a putz, a poorly educated genius putz. So what. He was a anti-semite jerk. A stupid bastard that put bread on every table in America. Including mine and yours.

The first diesel engine was designed to run on peanut oil. http://dieselblog.net/rudolf-d iesel/

but becuase petrol was so much cheaper to produce, it succeeded over vegi oils.

Would America still be waist deep in horseshit, flies and collera if Henry Ford had never lived? Would Hilter have never risen to power if Henry had never been born? NO and NO

Sstashmoo
Username: Sstashmoo

Post Number: 469
Posted on Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 5:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's funny in this country of equality and democracy that it's ok and even condoned to hate one race of people and love others unconditionally. They are controlling people in this country like zombies.

Also entertaining how people nutshell Henry Ford like they are even qualified to do so. The man was a brilliant industrialist and mechanic. Crackpot he wasn't. He singlehandedly built an empire at a time when thousands of others were attempting the same and failed, he emerged victorious. Lucky? highly unlikely.

Would we have faired as well durung WW2 without Henry Ford and Henry Kaiser? Absolutley not.

(Message edited by sstashmoo on October 07, 2007)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.