Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Survey: What are buyers looking for in a condominium? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Wordonthestreet
Username: Wordonthestreet

Post Number: 152
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 7:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Would you like developers to know what features are important to you in a condominium development?

I just took a survey via Survey Monkey on condominium preferences.

At the end, I was able to enter to win a $25 gift certificate to the Bureau of Urban Living.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s .aspx?sm=mtMvAanRB19WfNr2QyNxg Q_3d_3d

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 1789
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 8:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This guy sure has some noble ambitions:
"Initially Austin considered relocating to one of the many cities he had visited, lived, and/or heard great things about. In the end, he decided to come home to Detroit and become actively involved in making the “D” the type of place that he and so many others cherish."
http://www.austinb2.com/about/ index.htm

Cheers, I say!

(Message edited by charlottepaul on October 08, 2007)

Kslice
Username: Kslice

Post Number: 171
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 9:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I want a condo that's high up. None of this low rise crap.

Hpgrmln
Username: Hpgrmln

Post Number: 209
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't want a condo, period. I want a single family house with a backyard and garage. I also tend to think condo's do not look good (no curb appeal) and get obsolete more quickly, becoming ghettos much more quickly.Take a look at the condos in different areas of Royal Oak. They haven't aged well at all.
Nowadays, they cram these huge condos onto too small a piece of property and theyre very disproportionate.
If I ever did want a condo, Id want one that would still look nice and have curb appeal 20+ years later. I'm just not seeing much of that being built

Oldoak
Username: Oldoak

Post Number: 36
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Curb appeal over time is a big issue. Many people who buy condos do so because they value good curb appeal but do not like to do lawn work or home maintenance.

The walls in my condo are not well insulated for sound. Since I suffer from a lack of privacy I would say sound insulation is a big issue too.

Bussey
Username: Bussey

Post Number: 605
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 1351
Posted on Tuesday, October 09, 2007 - 12:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I don't want a condo, period. I want a single family house with a backyard and garage. I also tend to think condo's do not look good (no curb appeal) and get obsolete more quickly, becoming ghettos much more quickly.Take a look at the condos in different areas of Royal Oak. They haven't aged well at all.

You mean the crap built in the 60s? Otherwise, you're saying the stuff built like 5 years ago is already a ghetto? Hmm...

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 3760
Posted on Tuesday, October 09, 2007 - 1:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah there are a lot of different types of condos.

Thankfully, you're in luck. In Detroit you have mile upon mile of single-family home neighborhoods.

What do I look for in a condo. I'd say the view is pretty important, and the availability of neccesities like food within walking distance. Context is really the most important thing. In the apartment itself, you need tall ceilings and large windows.

I have this vision of the Broderick Tower (closely followed by the Stott and the Book) being the perfect place to have a condo. Let's hope that all happens.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.