Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Detroit ranked 23rd on world business travel destination list « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Texorama
Username: Texorama

Post Number: 72
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 11:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

. . . ahead of Paris, New York, Chicago, L.A., Berlin, Rome.

http://tinyurl.com/yrmvmq

Crime, healthcare access, culture/environment (which included access to alcohol or lack thereof, also climate and hotel quality), infrastructure, and cost were equally weighted. Vancouver was #1. A delightful town, to be sure.

Don't recall much publicity on this anywhere--might help someone attract a convention or two.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 9852
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Only to close down what businesses are left in the city. ; )

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 2969
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmm. That list is on crack rock. It's cool to beat New York and Paris though. Nonetheless, smokin' fat rocks.

Hans57
Username: Hans57

Post Number: 203
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, Johnlodge, I agree, Cleveland is ranked 6th.

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 633
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 12:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

that is a crazy method to rank cities with....

Texorama
Username: Texorama

Post Number: 73
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 12:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was trying to figure exactly how they came up with these--sure, I'd take a business trip to Paris over one to Detroit. Yet their methodology is fairly detailed and did not involve crack cocaine.

Near as I can tell, the weight assigned to health care helped us (and Cleveland) out. Both places have large, state--of-the-art medical facilities in the center city. I guess if you're going to have the infarction in a hotel room, Detroit would be a pretty good place to do it.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.