Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » British Airway suspending service from DTW to London « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Edziu
Username: Edziu

Post Number: 11
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just received a letter from BA informing customers that effective March 30, 2008 they are suspending their non stop flights from Detroit Metro to London Heathrow after serving us for over 50 years. A variety of changing conditions in the grater Detroit marketplace brought about the decision, including reduced demand for business travel, according to BA.

I had the opportunity to fly with them to London a few times. It is a wonderful airline. The planes were always new and clean. The food and service was great, and the personnel were very courteous and professional.

I am saddened to see them leave, although I am sure Northwest Airlines will be able to pick up the slack. They have several non stop flights daily to Europe via Amsterdam from DTW.

Thecarl
Username: Thecarl

Post Number: 1061
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 7:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Detroit Metro Airport is adding a second daily direct flight to China.

A Chinese airline will begin flying between Detroit and Beijing in 2009.

Earlier this week, Northwest Airlines announced its won tentative approval to fly a Detroit to Shanghai route.

A recent economic study showed twice daily flights between southeast Michigan and mainland China could be worth a quarter billion dollars annually to the metro Detroit economy.

© Copyright 2007, Michigan Radio

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1153
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"A recent economic study showed twice daily flights between southeast Michigan and mainland China could be worth a quarter billion dollars annually to the metro Detroit economy."

Any idea on how so?

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1154
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 7:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's good news that there are more international flights coming.

Rrl
Username: Rrl

Post Number: 910
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 7:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Old news.

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/5/113760.html?1190221342

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.