Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Detroit Historical Photo Calendar for 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Krawlspace
Username: Krawlspace

Post Number: 272
Posted on Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 8:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit Historical Calendar
Back for 2007!
Beautifully illustrated historical calendar of the City of Detroit.
12 Months of wonderful old photos of the Motor City dating back to 1900.

Dates of historical importance to the city of Detroit are noted on the day and month they occurred stating both the event
and the year the event took place.

Some examples include:

Formation of the Detroit police and fire departments.
First phone call to Detroit.
Ford labor riot.
First city income tax.
First Lions championship.
Last Tigers home game at Tiger Stadium.
Purple Gang arrested.
Chief Pontiac's assault on Detroit.

The list goes on and on...
Over 150 dates of significance !!!
Amaze your peers with your wealth of Detroit historical knowledge!

All NEW images for the 2007 calendar!

This calendar is perfect for any history buff, photography lover, or anyone interested in the city of Detroit and it's amazing past.
Makes a great gift for those native Detroiters living elsewhere or anyone that reminisces about the good old days in the city of Detroit.
Calendar is printed on heavy stock paper spiral bound and ready to hang.
This calendar is a personal project of mine that has been in the making over the past 4 years.
It is not mass produced and was printed locally in Detroit at a small print shop.
I am a life-long Detroit resident and believe strongly in preserving the past of this incredible city.

Get yours in time for the Holidays!!!
It's the gift every Grandparent loves. (And it beats the Hickory Farms gift box!)

You will not find a more educational, entertaining, or economical calendar anywhere!
Don't get caught in January with no calendar, forced to pick over the mall leftovers of Garfield and ponies on farms.
(Not that there's anything wrong with Garfield or ponies.)

Check out my still under construction web site for a direct link to my eBay page.
Images included in the calendar are there as well.

detroitroom.com

Soon to have original Detroit photography and prints.
(As soon as I figure out Dreamweaver.)

Thanks to those who purchased last year, and I hope you'll enjoy this year's installment!

Jfried
Username: Jfried

Post Number: 919
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2006 - 10:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just picked up this calendar from my barber shop in Mount Clemens. Very cool!

Krawlspace

Post Number: 279
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2006 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, Jfried...
Thanks for the business.
I'm the Building Manager at the Emerald Theatre and have had easy access to head shaves from Bill Visnaw for the past 6 years. He was kind enough to put my calendars up in his shop, and I am glad to see they got some interest!
Thanks again for the complement!
I hope you enjoy it!

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1235
Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 1:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just bought one! I'd better be impressed :-) It is going on my cube wall here in CA.

Lghart
Username: Lghart

Post Number: 107
Posted on Saturday, January 06, 2007 - 9:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just ordered again and will be hanging proudly out here in Queens NYC in my cube at work. It always reminds me to check out some 'new' historical item when in town on the weekends.

Krawlspace

Post Number: 291
Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 12:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, guys....
Thanks again for the support.
Your calendars are on the way.
Hope you enjoy them!

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1249
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 3:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

krawl-
You'll be receiving positive feedback as soon as I get it.

Really looking forward to it. Thanks again.

Jfried
Username: Jfried

Post Number: 928
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This calendar is really cool. I love when, for example, someone asks if I can meet on January 20th and I say something like 'sure, but do you think its appropriate to meet the day that the first international phone line opened between Detroit & Windsor in 1880.'

Krawl - I work downtown Mt. Clemens and I'm going to have to stop in to meet you one of these days.

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1014
Posted on Monday, January 15, 2007 - 11:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My girlfriend bought one for me for Christmas and I love it. Definitely worth the money.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.