Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Historic Boston-Edison area home 5bd rm 2,400 sq. ft. « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Chub
Username: Chub

Post Number: 423
Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 12:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Historic Boston-Edison area home with tons of potential!
-Year built: 1915
-home just approved for NEZ property tax breaks for the next 15 years!!!
-2,400 sq. ft.
-5 bedrooms (finished 3rd floor)
-1 full bath (clawfoot tub w/shower), 1 half bath
-New roof in '05
-New copper plumbing
-Oak hardwood floors throughout (re-finshed in '04)
-Natural fireplace
-forced air heat
-Sold As-Is
$125,000 *Seller is willing to listen to offers.*
Pre-Qualified buyers only please.
email eric@oconnordetroit.com for more info or a showing.

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 895
Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 8:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would "entertain" that if I was in the market. That is a steal @ 125 in BE

Scs_scooter
Username: Scs_scooter

Post Number: 9
Posted on Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 9:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a beautiful home! Just for giggles...how much ARE the taxes?

Chub

Post Number: 424
Posted on Monday, November 13, 2006 - 12:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the positive comments on the house so far. I've done most of the work myself except for the roof. I stripped all the oak wood work on the first floor with a heat gun, but it all still needs to be cleaned up with some stripper and re-stained. The house does still need quite a bit of paint work on the first floor as well. Overall it's a really great house with a ton of potential for someone who's a little handy.

Chub

Post Number: 425
Posted on Monday, November 13, 2006 - 12:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, about the taxes; I was paying just under $4,000 a year before I got the NEZ tax break. Next year I'm told it will be at least $1,500 less with the NEZ.

Barnesfoto
Username: Barnesfoto

Post Number: 2724
Posted on Monday, November 13, 2006 - 8:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nice place, nice price, chub!

Crew
Username: Crew

Post Number: 1087
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 9:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chub, Why are you selling?

Chub

Post Number: 440
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I might be taking a great job offer in LA. We'll see...

Right now I have a few friends renting three of the five bedrooms month to month. If I can find two more renters, I won't sell. Or, if I get an offer to buy the house anytime soon, the friends I have renting at the moment said they could move out in 30days no problem.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 166
Posted on Saturday, December 02, 2006 - 6:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chub, I'm in the market, but locked in a lease until May. How soon are you needing to sell. I'd love to take a look. I'm not THAT handy, though, so painting I can handle. Refinishing wooden floors... ehhhh, might have to farm that out. :-)
Give me a call or reply here if you can sit on it that long.
-Dan
313-820-4112

Chub

Post Number: 454
Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Price just dropped to $115,000 !!! ALL APPLIANCES STAY.

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1246
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 7:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A house for $115k?! In the bay area that would buy me a shack.

That looks like quite a nice home. That price seems very low. I'm sure someone will be interested.

Chub

Post Number: 455
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, the house does still need paint and plaster repair in some of the rooms, but yes, I think it's a great deal. Someone who's a little handy could finish what I started and really have a very nice place. I also should mention to everyone that if the house doesn't sell very soon, I'll be looking to rent 2 of the rooms. So if anyone here knows of a good potential renter, let me know. Each room will rent for $380.00 with utilities included. The house does have high speed internet and on-site laundry as well.

I just took a job out of state, so I need to make something happen, one way or another soon.

Zephyrprocess
Username: Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 208
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are you still listing with the same agent? I don't see your property on their web site.

Chub

Post Number: 456
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 1:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are you speaking of O'Connor Realty? I'm an agent at O'Connor, but I have never listed it, and it has never been on the O'Connor website. The property is being sold by me "For Sale By Owner". If you have any other questions, feel free to call me at (313)963-9891 ext.12 or email me at eric@oconnordetroit.com

Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 209
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 7:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Chub; I was mis-inferring, since the contact info was with an agency.

I've been forwarding these posts to a colleague who is in the market and was specifically interested in BE; I just wanted to make certain she had the right contact info.

Ypsirocks
Username: Ypsirocks

Post Number: 26
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 12:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jesus, this is what I just bought in Oakland, CA for almost 4 times the amount:

www.5410marketst.com

Sknutson
Username: Sknutson

Post Number: 779
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 1:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

<<<<<<<<<<< Fellow Oaklander here, ypsirocks!

Ypsirocks
Username: Ypsirocks

Post Number: 27
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2007 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where in Oakland? I obviously live on Market St.

Sknutson

Post Number: 781
Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 2:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ypsirocks: I live up in the hills, off of Broadway Terrace - on Gwin Road.

Chub

Post Number: 458
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Price just dropped to $99,900 !!!!! Grand Piano from 1905 included.

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 195
Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 - 12:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Damn it, can you wait three more years?? Ill take it then hah :-)

Chub

Post Number: 461
Posted on Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 12:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sale Pending

Bostonedisonrocks
Username: Bostonedisonrocks

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2007 - 11:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For Your Information: This home is in an historic district and is governed by R-1 Zoning -- which means, you cannot rent this home to numerous un-related individuals (IE: college students). Homes in this neighborhood are one-family homes. They cannot be rented out as rooming houses. You cannot rent out individual rooms. As the owner you can live in the house and have one unrelated roommate - or rent to an unrelated couple -- but you cannot rent to 3 or more unrelated folks. There are plenty of neighborhoods in the city that are R-2 and R-3 zoned where you can rent out your home as a boarding house. Boston-Edison is not one of them.

Chub

Post Number: 466
Posted on Saturday, March 10, 2007 - 12:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, it doesn't matter now. The house has been sold.

Sknutson

Post Number: 813
Posted on Saturday, March 10, 2007 - 9:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chub: Any details you can share about the new owners, and what attracted them to the neighborhood?

Chub

Post Number: 467
Posted on Monday, March 12, 2007 - 2:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Honestly, I don't know. I haven't even met them, as I am living in Cali. now. Sorry I can't give you any more info.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 4765
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 1:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats on the sale of an uber cool place. Hopefully the new owners will take care of the place and send us some of that glorious Cali weather while we're at it.

Chub

Post Number: 468
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 3:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Smogboy! I do miss having a nice big house with a fireplace and all. The weather, well yeah...I don't miss it so much.

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1095
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats on your move Chub. Glad to hear you landed on your feet out in Cali.

Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 314
Posted on Saturday, March 31, 2007 - 10:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chub--I saw the house posted for rent, again; did your sale fall through, or is that the new owner?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.