Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Attn: Guardian Building management « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Itsjeff
Username: Itsjeff

Post Number: 7292
Posted on Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Your American flag must have been somehow stuck at the top of the pole. When you lowered it, it ripped and you now have 12 stripes and 45 stars flying at half staff, 1 stripe and 5 stars still blowing up top.

Hoog
Username: Hoog

Post Number: 628
Posted on Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

pics?

Itsjeff

Post Number: 7293
Posted on Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry. I noticed it at lunch yesterday.

Itsjeff

Post Number: 7313
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 9:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay, as of this morning the lone stripe & 5 stars of the American flag is still up top, but has whittled away a bit. The rest of the flag is at half-staff, itself almost in shreds.

That top strip is obviously stuck, and I won't begrudge anyone's reluctance to climp to the top of the pole in the freezing wind to yank it off. But if you replace the damaged flag and hoist it back, the strip wouldn't be noticable at all.

Get 'er done, Guardian. You have one of the finest buildings in our skyline, yet all I can notice is your American flag ripped in two.

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 2296
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 10:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah and its bound to get colder soon, so they should take care of it now... not to mention the fact that people from around the world are about to arrive for the auto show.

Itsjeff

Post Number: 7315
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 10:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I got an e-mail from a forumite who works in the Guardian. He has advised building management.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.