Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Photo Du Jour - January 2nd « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 6107
Posted on Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 7:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Happy New Year! Here is today's P.D.J.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 9111
Posted on Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 9:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the recap AIW. A happy and successful new year to you and the missus.

Dhugger
Username: Dhugger

Post Number: 163
Posted on Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 9:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aiw,
Seems like the Hiram Walker Farm house could have been saved or moved. It had real character & charm.

Interesting to see what is happening on both sides of the border.

Thanks for the memories.

Milwaukee
Username: Milwaukee

Post Number: 579
Posted on Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the tour.

"Over on Watson Ave. just east of Woodward was the former home of the Detroit Society of Arts and Crafts building"

I loved that house. That's terrible.

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 4712
Posted on Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for your photos of the ruins, the subject of this Forum in the first place.
Sadly, Windsor is not immune from tearing down old bldgs. and letting them go to Hell in the first place.

jjaba, for Peace among neighbors.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 1020
Posted on Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 8:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What Jjaba said.

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 4716
Posted on Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 11:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ray1936, do you have home delivery of the Las Vegas paper? Is the service any good?

Does Wayne Newton still have it and does he eat Detroit Coneys?

Where does Ray1936 go in Las Vegas for his Coneys?

jjaba.

Ray1936

Post Number: 1022
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 12:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, I get the Las Vegas Review-Journal dropped in my drive every morning without fail. In bad weather (infrequent!) it's always wrapped in a plastic baggie. My morning ritual is always coffee and paper after getting dressed.

Wayne Newton doesn't have it and as far as I'm concerned, never did.

Mrs. Ray1936 makes the best darn Coneys in Las Vegas. Nice mix of onions, chili, and mustard. Lucky for me because I've never found a decent commercial place in the whole valley. We do have some superb deli's, however.

My two favorite rib joints "back home" were the Tunnel BBQ in Windsor, and a place in Farmington, the Brass Point. Just last year, though, I found a place here (Memphis BBQ) that makes 'em just as good.

Ray1936

Post Number: 1023
Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 12:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Postscript: Wayne Newton's ranch and home is located on the SW corner of Pecos and Sunset. Pretty much walled in, but there's a large area south of Sunset where you can see his Arabian horses grazing.

Apologies to Andrew for the hijack of the thread.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.