Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Downtown Detroit Pictures - > Inspired by recent Forum Threads « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3501
Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 2:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"May Cause Celebrations"
Commerce Building Demolition from Dec. 30
Commerce Building Demolition Detroit

"Chrystal Lofts"
from Dec. 30
Chrystal Lofts Detroit

Richard Hyman Project
I called them but the person with whom I spoke was evasive saying they are only securing the building. Plan uncertain so far. Anybody know what he couldn't say?
Richard Hyman Project

The Ellington is on line!
Ellington Apartments Detroit

Hey we're from Maine. Take our picture!
That's what they said. Satisfied Customers at Lafayette Coney Island.
Lafayette Coney Island Detroit

Satisfied Skaters at Campus Martius.
Skaters at Campus Martius Detroit

Detroit Rises! [Mostly]

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 2298
Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 2:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To bad about the Commerce Building. It is not encouraging that, even with the redevelopment of downtown, we are losing more density.

Cman710
Username: Cman710

Post Number: 156
Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 2:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those are some great pictures. Thanks for posting them. The Richard Hyman project is near the northern end of the Brush Park area, right?

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 6114
Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes Cman. Woodward @ Erskine. S.E. Corner.

Bpjeff
Username: Bpjeff

Post Number: 20
Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 7:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I though that I read somewhere that the Hyman Project will be medical offices. By the way, it is amazing how they are progressing on the Crystal Lofts.

Detroitbill
Username: Detroitbill

Post Number: 136
Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 7:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great pics, thanks for the effort

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 1025
Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 9:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great photo update....especially appreciated by one 2,000 miles from "home"!

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 683
Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 10:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"To bad about the Commerce Building. It is not encouraging that, even with the redevelopment of downtown, we are losing more density."

Huh? Are there not going to be condos on top of the structure and retail on the street level? How can this be less dense than an empty Department store retrofitted for now empty class c office space? Are they not using this for parking because the block the Book is now on will be full of additional building?

If anything this increases density.

Gsgeorge
Username: Gsgeorge

Post Number: 68
Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

great photos, Lowell!

i feel like the loss of the Commerce Bldg is a good trade for new, modern condos with adequate parking in Detroit's core. The developers have said that the condo building and garage will reflect the architecture of the book-cadillac. Sounds good to me.

(Message edited by gsgeorge on January 04, 2007)

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 374
Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 - 3:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has this air rights deal been finalized or is this just a proposal?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.