Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » So what ever happend to Agave re-opening « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Deandub11
Username: Deandub11

Post Number: 79
Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Agave said they were re-opening in a new location when they first shut down...any word on that?

Andylinn
Username: Andylinn

Post Number: 294
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 8:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bump - i'm sure more than the two of us are curious...

Zephyrprocess
Username: Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 211
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 6:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Um... they didn't do it.

Seriously, the "landlord dispute" explanation that was proffered when they closed most commonly means, "landlord and tenant disagreed over whether it was acceptable for the tenant to discontinue prompt payment of rent."

If that was the scenario in this particular case, then I'd imagine it would be somewhat difficult to secure financing for a second attempt at the same venture.

Bless all those in the restaurant business for their optimism, though!

Apbest
Username: Apbest

Post Number: 395
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 9:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I doubt they said they plan on reopening without any intention to. My guess is that they earnestly want to, but that they're running into funding problems or trying to find a better location. Someone said the blue moon building two blocks down, perhaps they dont yet have financing to renovate it...who knows, there could be a million reasons, but I hope they open soon.

Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 213
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 10:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I doubt they said they plan on reopening without any intention to. My guess is that they earnestly want to...

That's the optimism to which I was referring.

Christos
Username: Christos

Post Number: 14
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 5:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heh, anyone remember when the Blue Moon was supposed to be a new club called "Radar?"

And Motor was going to move to the Moose Lodge?

And Tresor was going to open a club in Detroit?

heh.

7milekid
Username: 7milekid

Post Number: 160
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 6:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what was up with that place, I heard it was supposed to reopen as a gay bar or something but i thought it was already a gay bar in the first place

7milekid
Username: 7milekid

Post Number: 161
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 6:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We need to get another place like motor back here

Dbc
Username: Dbc

Post Number: 24
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 8:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You can always ask them, as their website is still up. http://agavedetroit.com/v2/

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 236
Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 5:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://agavedetroit.com/

Web site says 'coming soon' that is all.

Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 214
Posted on Monday, January 15, 2007 - 12:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But that's a change to the website since DBC's posting on Friday; interesting...

(Message edited by zephyrprocess on January 15, 2007)

Andylinn
Username: Andylinn

Post Number: 298
Posted on Monday, January 15, 2007 - 1:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

word on the street is a reopening in the RENCEN, of all places - just a rumor, though...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.