Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Speaking of heroes... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Yvette248
Username: Yvette248

Post Number: 348
Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 - 5:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The news have been aflutter over the "Harlem" hero and the two hispanics that caught a baby falling off of a fire escape.

It made me think, does anyone know what happened to those 3 teens who pulled that man out of his burning truck last year? They got a medal from the mayor, then I haven't heard about them again.

Susanarosa
Username: Susanarosa

Post Number: 1293
Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 - 6:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Last I knew one or two of them were working for JoAnn Watson.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 8125
Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 - 6:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Last I knew one or two of them were working for JoAnn Watson.

Why would a decent kid have to be subjected to that torture?

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 1842
Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you are thinking about that burning truck on I-75 in southwest Detroit, that rescue actually occurred in 2003 (doesn't seem that long ago, does it?). I couldn't find any info on what the three young men are doing these days, but they certainly received a heap of awards at the time.

Yvette248
Username: Yvette248

Post Number: 352
Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 - 10:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ohmigosh, was that actually 3 years ago? Wow, time flies!

Wash_man
Username: Wash_man

Post Number: 273
Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 - 11:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like the man that found the bonds in the garbage this summer and turned them in. He was chosen "Person of the Year" by channel 7 viewers. Apparently, he now has a place to live, a job, etc. Good for him.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.