Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Freep.com and the racist comments often left online « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Crment
Username: Crment

Post Number: 35
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll /article?AID=/20070109/NEWS02/ 701090302/1001/BUSINESS05

Look at the comments that are left on this story. It is sad that we have some many racist in our community that can say what they want and hide their identity online. I think the Free Press should take some responsibility and not allow such garbage to be put out there. Craig's List does it, and so many other sites restrict offensive language.

Hysteria
Username: Hysteria

Post Number: 2093
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 2:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/5/89455.html?1168101037

Terryh
Username: Terryh

Post Number: 60
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 7:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let them vent. Let us not, for the sake of hypersensitivity and political correctness start banning and censoring citizens who have the same conscience and sub-conscience fears and anxieties most of us deal with on a daily basis. Why do they feel the way they do? How can we change their perceptions? We do a lot of pretending in this country. Read statistics. Live in the real world.

I had a dream that I entered an elevator full of kkk: They pulled off their hoods and they were black. Not surprisingly, my ex-girlfriend (black American) actually felt more comfortable in the suburbs. All of the blatant animosity we encountered came from individual black Americans. Too be perfectly blunt and honest, I feel based on personal experience and observations,Black Americans, collectively, have to start changingh attitudes and behaviours in their own culture and community.

Im not by any means proud of my own racial anxieties but I deal with them openly and honestly.

Mike
Username: Mike

Post Number: 813
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 1:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

terry, that may be true to the extent with the "taboo" you faced from the black community when you were around your black girlfriend, but you cannot completly believe that? at least not in this metro.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.