Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » BET American Gangster - Chamber Brothers « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Erobtheone
Username: Erobtheone

Post Number: 45
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 9:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone catch this? Any thoughts on the documentary?

Erob

Hagglerock
Username: Hagglerock

Post Number: 376
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 10:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw the 2nd part, didn't happen to see the first. It was interesting that the Chambers brothers commandeered an apartment complex, ie the Carter, like Wesley Snipes and Co. in the movie, New Jack City.

I know there are some forumers who've seen some of the drug lords partying around Detroit. Would love to hear some of those amazing stories again.

Spongebob
Username: Spongebob

Post Number: 8
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 10:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It turns out that the author who wrote New Jack City. Based the screen play ,from the Chambers Brothers.

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 226
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a great show!!! I love how BET really celebrates great people in American culture, people who really contribute to society.

321brian
Username: 321brian

Post Number: 254
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 11:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was a very interesting show. So much so that I just finished reading this....

http://www.prodigyhustler.com/ Home.html

Beavis1981
Username: Beavis1981

Post Number: 36
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

haggle did you happen to notice the director for New Jack City was commenting in the show! any guesses why?

Spacemonkey
Username: Spacemonkey

Post Number: 135
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 1:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's also no coincidence that Quintin Tarentino's "True Romance", which is partially filmed in Detroit, has a drug dealer character named Drexel in it, and has the main character watching Kung Fu movies at the Fox Theater.

_sj_
Username: _sj_

Post Number: 1675
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 1:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was the episode full of how he was wrongfully accused and the scapegoat for the CIA.

Spacemonkey
Username: Spacemonkey

Post Number: 136
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 2:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://blogsearch.google.com/b logsearch?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q =%22New%20Jack%20City%20Eats%2 0Its%20Young.%22&btnG=Search&i e=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=gb

Vas
Username: Vas

Post Number: 646
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone have any more dirt/recollection/info on the pardon by Clinton on the girlfriend of one of the brothers?

It makes me sick to think that she got off (or even that many of them got only 21 years) for the destruction they pushed throughout Detroit, selling so much crack.

Especially since they weren't even from here and I bet Clinton's pardon had something to do with them being from Arkansas.

Innercitydoc
Username: Innercitydoc

Post Number: 20
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 7:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The wife of one of the Chambers brothers was one of my patients. She told me stories about how she had been shot five times on several different occasions. Come to think of it my life could have been in jeopardy over some of the things she told me

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1016
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 12:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Interesting story indeed, their book is a good read. I am surprised they didn't have a YBI documentary... or at least yet

Erobtheone
Username: Erobtheone

Post Number: 47
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 11:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.geocities.com/jiggs 2000_us/ethnic.html

Here is some more Detroit Gangster history.

Erob

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.