Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Esko Lounge « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Deandub11
Username: Deandub11

Post Number: 81
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone know anything about the new lounge downtown called Esko? Its at 201 Michigan avenue, which I think is basically right at the Book Cadillac?...

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 35
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why don't you ask them, here's their MySpace. :-)

http://www.myspace.com/eskolou nge

Deandub11
Username: Deandub11

Post Number: 82
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was wondering if anyone had been there or had any impressions of it

Detroitsfirstson
Username: Detroitsfirstson

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 5:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Friend had an artshow there. It was a nice place to just go and chill out. not a whole lot to it though

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 269
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 7:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Which corner is it on there at Michigan and washington?

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 789
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 7:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its next to the Holiday Inn, where the post office was before it moved to the old brooks brothers location.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 5424
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 8:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Esko would be the next Studio 54 of Detroit.

Cmubryan
Username: Cmubryan

Post Number: 342
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 9:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was there on Saturday, got in for free somehow but they were charging $20 bucks a head and not letting anyone in. Would agree with Danny about the Studio 54 comment. The club itself is pretty simple, anyone know what it was before? It looks like a former store of some kind. The club is basically one floor centered around a gigantic bar. There is a mezzanine level that has some couches and a smaller bar. It was packed shoulder to shoulder but I will say the crowd was pretty well dressed and good looking. Very New York like.

Adamjab19
Username: Adamjab19

Post Number: 737
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 10:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This Friday the 19th Paxahau is throwing a party there. 5$ all night apparently. wouldn't be a bad night to check out a new place!

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 1296
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 12:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What's the life expectancy of most of these trendy "see and be seen" clubs? One year? Two years?

Give me a good old neighborhood pub any day.

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 799
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 9:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cmu see what I said above for what used to be there.

Dj_tom_t
Username: Dj_tom_t

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi everyone - I am the DJ at Esko on Saturday nights. It's definitely not your neighborhood bar...but if you're in the mood...it's a great place to come and dance your tail off.

If anyone wants to come check the place out on any Saturday, please e-mail me at djtomt@grooveman.net before 5 PM on Saturday and I will make sure you are on my guest list. Being on my list gets you into Esko with no line and no cover charge.

Hope to see some of you there. Thanks!

Traxus
Username: Traxus

Post Number: 44
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 6:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm going to the paxahau gig there tonight.

Probably a good time to check the place out, they usually put on a fun show.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.