Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » The Central Detroit Flyer. « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Miketoronto
Username: Miketoronto

Post Number: 453
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What do you think of my newest idea for DDOT?

I think a route like this could work as long it is marketed and provides quality service.

Something needs to be done to connect the dots so to speak.
----------
CENTRAL DETROIT FLYER

Connecting Central Detroit's cultural, business, and entertainment areas together via a quality bus service service.

The Central Detroit Flyer will be the first step is making transit a viable option for new downtown residents and workers, to access areas in the Greater Downtown area.

The Central Detroit Flyer will loop around Central Detroit via the following streets.
Grand Blvd, I-75, Mack Ave, Russell Street, Gratiot Ave, Beaubien St, Jefferson Ave, Woodward Ave.

Buses will make stops at the following stops.

-New Center(Woodward and Grand Blvd)
-Eastern Market North(Mack Ave and Russell)
-Eastern Market South(Russell Street at Winder)
-Gratiot and Beaubien
-Greektown
-Ren Cen
-Campus Martius
-Grand Circus Park
-Detroit Medical Centre
-Cultural Center

Buses will run every 15min with additional service during lunch hours Mon-Fri. Buses will run clockwise and counterclockwise.

Now having lunch at Eastern Market is only a 5min ride on the I-74 with the Central Detroit Flyer.

Now skating in Campus Martius Park and visiting the Detroit Science Centre is possible without having to move the car.

Now Downtown residents can ride the bus to Eastern Market to do some shopping.

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 815
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 7:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks like the 3 center mini that DDOT discontinued about 12 years ago.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 272
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is this the same as your 'THE I-94 FLYER' except just a different location?

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 273
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 7:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Also, why is it important to have more than one stop downtown?

-Gratiot and Beaubien
-Greektown
-Ren Cen
-Campus Martius
-Grand Circus Park

For starters you can walk from anywhere to anywhere within the CBD, plus if ppl are really that lazy they can take the People Mover.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 7923
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Paul,

Don't assume everyone can walk.

It is not necessarily laziness that keeps people off their feet!

Cheers

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 818
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charlotte, Mike is proposing a circulator bus. Its like the PeopleMover, only affordable.

French777
Username: French777

Post Number: 97
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 9:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

good idea

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.