Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Lepanto in Royal Oak Closed « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 1026
Posted on Sunday, January 21, 2007 - 6:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Phone disconnected, doors locked.

Oldredfordette is sad. The last restaurant in Royal Oak without a television blaring sports. No more finochio salad. No more awesome lamb shank. No more interesting affordable wine list.

Should have seen it coming. I have tried for the last six months to go there, it was always closed at the strangest times. I think Mr. B's bought it for their liquor license. Dammit.

Susanarosa
Username: Susanarosa

Post Number: 1312
Posted on Sunday, January 21, 2007 - 6:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, I haven't been there since the bartender, Sean Donnelly died. That's a bummer.

Matt_the_deuce
Username: Matt_the_deuce

Post Number: 694
Posted on Sunday, January 21, 2007 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought they blew it a few years ago when they switched to a "small plate" type menu.

Yes, the food was good, but a single serving was not quite enough and two serving was too expensive. I felt like they were trying to coax you into spending more money.

I guess they switched back at some point, but I hadn't been there since.

It's too bad. I liked the place a lot back in the day.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 4320
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 2:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was one of the original holdovers from back in the days of Royal Oak when it wasn't bar & restaurant central. It was by far one of the more elegant places to dine when the options were Mr. B's, Maxie's and a handful of other small places.

Now the town has become innundated with condos galore and restaurants at every turn. The after hours window shopping and small town atmosphere has sort of left and the town's definitely evolved into less of a family town.

Southofeight
Username: Southofeight

Post Number: 38
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 9:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It closed about three weeks ago.It's now some over-priced trendy home furnishings store.

Classic food. One of the only places in Royal Oak that felt like, and backed it up, a legitimate metropolitan dining room.

"The after hours window shopping and small town atmosphere has sort of left"

That actually happened a long time ago. You can only have so many lofts and condos before your image becomes compromised. Downtown Royal Oak's charm started dying when rent skyrocketed, making it nearly impossible for struggling retailers.

The other casualty? The record stores. Royal Oak had not one, but two, independently owned record stores and I used to love that. Now there is nothing. There used to be a great pastry and coffee shop on Main called Sweet Shoppe Express, and the R & J Coffee Shop at Fourth and Center. Now it's all overbuilt with ridiculously priced hair salons and fucking lame "resale" shops pandering to anorexic club kids and their played out "retro vibe." Downtown Royal Oak used to be fun and distinct. Today it's just gross.

Susanarosa

Post Number: 1315
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 9:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ya know why they call them sky lofts?

Because before they were there, it was only sky...

Ahhh, the good ol' days.

Susanarosa

Post Number: 1316
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 9:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, and Rick Barry, the guy who used to own Off the Record, still owns a store in Royal Oak.

Give ya $5 if you can guess what it is...

Ha_asfan
Username: Ha_asfan

Post Number: 92
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 11:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LePanto went downhill when the original owner, Chris Claire sold the joint. It just wasn't ever the same once he was gone. Royal Oak has taken the path of least resistance turning the city into an outdoor mall, even the farmers market has been kicked into the mall like atmosphere...good thing we still have Ferndale.

Oldredfordette

Post Number: 1027
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 11:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, it's Chosen Books that is the store. Lepanto might have closed a couple of weeks ago, but it's just Lepanto with the doors locked.

Wazootyman
Username: Wazootyman

Post Number: 184
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 12:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't get it. The city is developing its downtown, adding new businesses and housing, attracting young residents, and yet it's a bad thing?

I guess we can always find something to bitch about.

Rrl
Username: Rrl

Post Number: 714
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Exactly my thoughts Wazooty, why bitch about a metro area that is continuing to develop and prosper?

I can only imagine the day in the not-too-distant future when some forumite laments the loss of "the good old days of Brush Park, it's not like it used to be..."

Get used to change people.

And as far as record stores go, they're all disappearing, not just the independents, if you hadn't noticed. A little something called the internet has run them out by providing cheap down-loads. Similarly the purveyors of the brick & mortar shops have decided it's cheaper to cyber-sell and save the expensive retail rents. Even giants like Virgin are contracting. Brick & mortar record stores will be a faint memory a decade from now.

Oldredfordette

Post Number: 1031
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 4:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Which is a great topic for another thread.

Personally, I'm sick of hearing about how great a scene R.O. used to have. Me, I liked eating at Lepanto. No television. I liked the food. I don't care who else is in the restaurant as long as my loving' man is with me. And we will miss Lepanto.

Who will B's sell their liquor license to or will it be another salty frozen food emporium?

Smogboy

Post Number: 4339
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 8:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's not that we're bitching about the developing but moreso HOW it's being developed. The Royal Oak that we speak so fondly of wasn't all restaurants and bars like it is now. It had them in the mix- but along with that mix were independent stores like Off the Record, Patti Smith, Dave's Comics, Raupp Campfitters, the Corner Coney, SRO Beads, Cinderella's Attic, Joe's Army Navy Surplus, Decades and other unique little shops. After a meal, one could go shopping or at least window shop. How many people really wander around Royal Oak afterwards going from one restaurant to another? It's not like people have an appetizer here, a drink there, an entree elsewhere and dessert somewhere else. Sure, people still linger but the area's also been capitalized upon by the corporate box stores.

I don't have a problem with people living in the area at all. I think it's great; granted I wouldn't pony up $250,000+ for a skyloft with a view of the railroad tracks and Woody's deck (the monthly fees too!).

Besides didn't this kind of over saturation happen in Birmingham at one point too?

I love the fact that there are still some vestiges of a small town in Royal Oak but they are becoming far and few in between.

Susanarosa

Post Number: 1321
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 8:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I miss the old Royal Oak scene because I miss the people. Everyone in the service industry there all knew each other, we all partied together, we all went to see bands together, it was fantastic. I think that's what I miss the most.

But I also fondly remember the Royal Oak of my youth, when we even had a Winkleman's! :-)

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 835
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 8:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Leptano? What the heck is that? Did they have pizza?

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 67
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 9:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone remember Kyla's Restaurant?
That was a great family run (and classy) place to eat.
I also liked the dumpy Courtesy Bar where Gusaline Alley is now. They used to have a bartender who looked like the Hunchback of Notre Dame. That place opened up at 7 am!
The Rathskeller and Alden's Alley were also cool places to hang out before Mr. B's came to town.
Alden's was also on the shady side of the street in the summer.
Some kinds of progress are a step in the wrong direction. I liked Royal Oak when you could recognize the locals. Now you have people come from all over who just want to be part of the "scene".
Patti Smith , by the way, got a job with Levi's out in 'Frisco years ago. She was a big Detroit and Royal Oak booster. When she left, I really think it marked the end of the hip Royal Oak.

Smogboy

Post Number: 4341
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 9:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yup yup...Kyla's was one nice upbeat little restaurant. I had many a friend work there and that was the epitome of family run with family values. I believe it Woodruff's took over that location not long after they closed.

And I still remember the Big Three of retailers there- Patti Smith, Gayle of Gayle's Chocolates & Linda over at Lotus Imports. GREAT bunch of ladies with eclectic tastes that brought an air of class there. I believe Gayle is still the one lone stand-out on that block now. All the others have departed (even though Lotus is still there under different ownership) for greener pastures.

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 1305
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 9:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love the fact that there are still some vestiges of a small town in Royal Oak but they are becoming far and few in between.

One of the reasons people started frequenting and moving to Royal Oak was its hometown atmosphere. Now with the high-rises going up, the very thing that attracted people to RO is being eradicated.

For instance, when the Main Theatre's lease is up on its building (in a few years), the old movie house is coming down. The Main is one of those things that gives RO its flavor, yet no one is putting up a fight to save it.

65memories
Username: 65memories

Post Number: 328
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 9:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember the Rathskeller in the 60's and 70's. My college friends and old high school buddies hung out there. Great atmosphere, great burgers, great friendships.

Oldredfordette

Post Number: 1037
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 9:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fury, there is talk of a petition drive to either keep the Main or give it a premium lease on the main level in the condos next door. Would you stand outside the Main on a Friday or Saturday night and collect signatures?

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 1306
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 9:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oldredfordette, yeah, I think I would do that. I'd also talk to city commission members, other influential people too if I thought it might do some good.

Putting the Main into one of the new condo buildings isn't good enough. That's not what I'm talking about at all. The BUILDING itself needs to be saved. Too many '40s-era Streamline Moderne neighborhood theaters are being razed or gutted (a la the Berkley). Having an old-time movie house with a classic marquee like that, showing quality pictures, adds to a community's character and quality of life.

Perhaps the theater building could be moved to a vacant lot on Main, Washington, or one of the mile roads in Royal Oak.

Susanarosa

Post Number: 1322
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I liked Royal Oak when you could recognize the locals. Now you have people come from all over who just want to be part of the "scene".

Paul, at least a couple years ago you could still do that. I would sit in the living room and see folks I sold liquor and beer to when I worked at Merchants walking their dogs. I remember when I left for Albany, I came back for Christmas and still recognized a bunch of folks walking down the street on my way to the store.

I'm still mad they closed Merchants to build lofts.

Southofeight

Post Number: 39
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 9:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chosen is closed, too. And yes, I understand that the Internet is killing the indie record stores. Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Susanarosa, my best guess would be Neptune? But I think that also just closed.

Hey, I'm all for development and an expansion of any city's tax base, especially for people who own property there. That's great, but like some others on this thread, the problem is that its just so cheesy now. Its Birmingham South now, sans the aging hags dripping in Chanel.

Susanarosa

Post Number: 1323
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 10:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Southofeight, thanks for playing! I was wondering if anyone would try to guess.

Good guess, but Rick owns Michigan Toy Soldier on 11 mile. Right before Off the Record closed he had started a small shop in the back of the store where he sold the toy soldiers and when they raised his rent (and I think raided him for selling illegal bootlegs) he decided to give up on the record business and go into the toy solider business full time.

Smogboy

Post Number: 4344
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heck, I'm still remembering Wendell, the Off the Record cat that used to sit in their window when the store was at Fourth & Main.

Susanarosa

Post Number: 1324
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 11:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wendell is still at Michigan Toy Solider! And there's another cat there, too.

Anyone else remember the cats at Billings when they were at their old location? I loved those fat old mean things.

Citylover
Username: Citylover

Post Number: 2056
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://michtheater.org/

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 231
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love how the company that will be tearing down the Main Art Theatre are the same people using a picture of it in their promotional ads for their first phase of condo's.

Oldredfordette

Post Number: 1039
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Jonnas are part owners in the Merchants Lofts. I hear they're going to put a wine store in the retail level when the dust settles.

There are still animals in the RO stores. A dog and cat in Flair, a nice old golden Lab in Bravo, the lovely American standard named Sofi in Sole Sisters (and they're hair shop Sofi Bleu). I miss Moose, who was Andy Sharkey's old doggie. Hey, I miss Andy.

Southofeight

Post Number: 41
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 1:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember the Billings cat! And Wendell. OTR had a another cat there, a black one, forget the name. Andy Sharkey's place was great.

Retailers with their pets is a nice touch, very cute, so long it's not the ice cream shop. Are those sprinkles or litter?

Southofeight

Post Number: 42
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 1:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, Oldford. Are those the same Jonnas who own and operate Vinotecca? And if so, do they also own the Ann Arbor location too?

Oldredfordette

Post Number: 1043
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And the Dearborn store.

Susanarosa

Post Number: 1325
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 2:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And the Grosse Pointe store...

Oldredfordette

Post Number: 1044
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 2:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

things always change, but when they were closing the R.O. store, I asked about the plans and they said always open for ideas and profit. so we prove there is profit in it for them. Everybody wins.

Douglasm
Username: Douglasm

Post Number: 756
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 4:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All I know is that when it's break time at Mary Jane Shoes, I'm going across the street for a cupa at The Busy Oak. Friday night, maybe they'll let us in at the Washington to buy some popcorn at the concession stand before the store closes.

THAT'S the Royal Oak I miss......

Spaceboykelly
Username: Spaceboykelly

Post Number: 196
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't really go to Royal Oak anymore. These are openings and closings within the past few years according to my memory.

4 record stores have closed in Royal Oak within the past 5 years or so:
Neptune's
Fun House
Wendell's
Off the Record

No record stores remain, but you can buy CDs at the relatively new Barnes and Noble.

The only independent coffee shop, Brazil, has closed. Dave's comic shop, Merchant's Fine Wine, and Scalles have closed. Judging from this thread it sounds as if Chosen Books has closed.

Eateries that have closed:
Lepanto
La Fondue
Al-Raushee
a couple inexpensive chinese restaurants

Chains that have opened:
T-Mobile
Noodles
Fuddruckers
Gelato Roma
Coldstone
American Apparel
Sweetwater's
Leo's

Non-chain openings:
Lost and Found Vintage
Bastone/Cafe Habana
and I think that Greek restaurant.
Dolce Moda
Chrome

Fishtoes2000
Username: Fishtoes2000

Post Number: 164
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 10:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Royal Oak has a record store on Woodward at Webster.

There's a new sushi restaurant opening where the Hallmark/Metro Music Cafe was. There's a relatively new thai restaurant where R & J used to be.

Other closures include Hagelstein's Bakery and Wendy's, both on Washington.

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 232
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 10:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Places close because people like you stop going to them.

Southofeight

Post Number: 43
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 10:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That Metro Music Cafe corner is cursed, I swear. That new Thai place is Ahan, and it's actually pretty decent. There are a couple of salons that have opened as well, 6, and Lady Jane's.

Also, the spot slated for a restaurant in the Barnes and Noble structure seems to be taking forever to open. I spoke with the owner about two years ago and he said it was opening, at that time, in about six months. Anybody know what's going on there?

Places close for a number of different reasons. And yes, while decreased sales is probably the biggest, other reasons may also include personal decisions and steep rent.

Oldredfordette

Post Number: 1049
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sole Sisters, Rise, My Shoe Closet, Chaud Jeans, Paris. All interesting independent clothing stores. Marcia Howland has a storefront. Royal Oak Brewery. It's not all grim, yet people turn their noses up. The Bastone/Habana/Vinotecca corner is great.

Marquis Cafe is independent and it's still open.

O'Toole's.

Spaceboykelly

Post Number: 197
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 11:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I stopped going to them because I live in Detroit and realize that I would rather support business here [Like People's, Avalon, Amsterdam, the Bronx, Pure Detroit, John King, etc] than those in Royal Oak. Also, downtown Royal Oak has shifted [as myself and others have described above] so it is less interesting for me. Also! I'm no longer 17.

Chefdave
Username: Chefdave

Post Number: 67
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 11:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have lived on Royal Oak for about 5 years and have seen it change a lot. Some good and some bad. I hope they do not knock down the main art theatre.

Spaceboykelly

Post Number: 198
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 11:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Re: Rjlj's 'well informed' comment,
"Places close because people like you stop going to them."

I hope you are right... in that Royal Oak's small businesses are closing because there is a mass exodus of people getting rid of their cars and moving to Detroit like I did.

However, I'm not sure that is the case.

Susanarosa

Post Number: 1326
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

O'Toole's used to be the best Coffee Shop in Detroit, Agape.

Oldredfordette

Post Number: 1052
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, and nobody went there. O'Toole's is very popular and they have great lunches.

It's possible to support Detroit and Royal Oak, btw.

Susanarosa

Post Number: 1327
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 12:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No one went there? You're kidding right?

I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree on that one ORF.

Southofeight

Post Number: 44
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"It's possible to support Detroit and Royal Oak, btw."

And you shouldn't be guilt-tripped for doing either one, or both.Most people I know work their asses off for their money. They should be able to spend it any way they want.

Spaceboykelly

Post Number: 200
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You guys missed my snotty point[s].

First, I mentioned that all of the places I liked in Royal Oak closed.

Then, I was accused of not patronising businesses in Royal Oak.

Later, I added that I don't go to Royal Oak anymore because the downtown does not interest me, I do not own a car, and I live in the city of Detroit [so it is not convenient for me to go there].

Anyone who would like to shop Royal Oak or Detroit should feel free to do either/both. I've chosen to live, work, eat, sleep, and get schooling in Detroit.

Again, Royal Oak changed and no longer interests me, so I don't go there.

Smogboy

Post Number: 4382
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 3:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Spaceboykelly, I didn't miss what you were stating.

It made sense to me. Your favorite stores close or move on so you shop elsewhere. No crime in that. Some of the places you mentioned are missed by me as well.

I know I don't frequent that town as much as I once did either (I still love Holiday Market), but if Royal Oak suddenly had a store that caught my eye for whatever reason I'd be there.

It's not about being biased towards one town or another, it's about a matter of practicality for me.

Ro_resident
Username: Ro_resident

Post Number: 196
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 8:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not an opening or a closing, but a shift.

Metal in Time (the jewelry store) moved across the street into the bank building. I walked past the store the other other night--I was tempted to go in to check out the renovation.

Wally
Username: Wally

Post Number: 250
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another place that is no longer there: the Cedar Market, where you could buy a hookah from Pakistan way before it was "cool".

It used to be you could live right there in town without a car if you worked there.

(Message edited by wally on January 25, 2007)

Oldredfordette

Post Number: 1057
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 12:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You can still live in town without a car - you just can't go to Lepanto or Cedar Market.

Hey, Spaceboykelly, live and shop where you want.

Wally
Username: Wally

Post Number: 251
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 2:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you call that living, have at it.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 8193
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Metal in Time (the jewelry store) moved across the street into the bank building. I walked past the store the other other night--I was tempted to go in to check out the renovation.

If I have the right place the owner of Metals in Time was a condescending bitch to me the one time I went in there. Maybe she was having a bad day or didn't like my haircut. Whatever the reason I will never go back into that place and I will steer others away for the horrible treatment I received.

Oldredfordette

Post Number: 1061
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wally, what the heck did that mean?

Southofeight

Post Number: 45
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My apologies, Space. I totally misinterpreted that remark. My bad.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 69
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 8:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The thing that's odd about the Main Theatre is it had been renovated and is not that old inside.
The real estate is what has got the vultures circling. By the way, Patti Smith is now in Oregon operating another resale shop.
There aren't too many old timers from the late 70's around anymore. Noir Leather is one of the few still
operating.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.