Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Greylawn apartments - east grand blvd and chene st. « Previous Next »
Please help st. john evangelist school picturesDetroitdebbie01-21-07  8:10 pm
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitdebbie
Username: Detroitdebbie

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, January 21, 2007 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i lived at the graylawn apt building from 1962 until 1969. i went to st. john evangelist school and was born at st. joseph mercy hospital on the blvd. does anyone have any pictures of my youth. i am very ill and would love to see any part of my childhood

Mikem
Username: Mikem

Post Number: 2956
Posted on Sunday, January 21, 2007 - 9:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hang in there Debbie!

Hope that helps.

Go here and do a search on Graylawn:

http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/collections/habs_haer/index.html

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3623
Posted on Sunday, January 21, 2007 - 11:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thats beautiful building is it still there? And welcome to the forum Debbie! :-)

Vas
Username: Vas

Post Number: 650
Posted on Sunday, January 21, 2007 - 11:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

check it out Deb

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 3590
Posted on Sunday, January 21, 2007 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stylin, Chene and E. Grand Blvd. = Poletown GM Plant.

Thanks for bringing up those pictures again MikeM. I remember some discussion on that before. I remember that apt. It was so massive; the biggest thing around.

Horn_wrecker
Username: Horn_wrecker

Post Number: 18
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 12:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There might be a few pics in the Old Polish Detroit thread (If I ever got around to posting them) in the HOF section of this site.

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/messages/6790/80673.html?1164484424

Here's a map, again, showing the boundaries of the Poletown Debacle.

The bright green shows the new roads bordering the Poletown complex, with Mt Elliott bordering on the east.

(Message edited by Horn_wrecker on January 22, 2007)

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 186
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 7:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you for the map! I had forgotten what area it covered.

Barnesfoto
Username: Barnesfoto

Post Number: 2945
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe that those pics were made by photo students at WSU in the early 1980's...They did an extensive documentary project on the area demolished by GM for the Poletown Plant.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.