Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Village Homes- West Village? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 2009
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is the info from a sign at Van Dyke and Coe:

From the low 200,000s
3 and 4 bedrooms
2.5 baths
2 car attached garage
NEZ property tax deduction
Developer: Village Homes LLC
Architect: Steven C. Flum
Builder: The Beresh Group, Inc.
(313)831-2844

Steven C. Flum is the architect who did the townhomes on Labrosse in Corktown. Strange that no website address was given. What's the story with this development?

Chow
Username: Chow

Post Number: 343
Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 6:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They are building four homes at Van Dyke and Coe. It was spearheaded by the West Village Neighborhood Association. I hadn't heard anything about it for quite a while, at least they've got a sign now.

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 2012
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 1:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, Chow. I wonder how they will fit those four homes at that intersection. I can see two being built but not four.

Rsa
Username: Rsa

Post Number: 1012
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

it's actually only two homes; they'll both face coe.

aside from the phone number listed above, you can contact the developer, thru the architect, via email: sflum(at)ameritech.net

Swingline
Username: Swingline

Post Number: 681
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anybody know the status of the East Village project begun by the Jeff Ave. Presbyterian Church folks several years ago?

Rsa
Username: Rsa

Post Number: 1013
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 12:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

do you know the boundaries of it swingline?

Dougw
Username: Dougw

Post Number: 1531
Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Swingline -- I sort of know a couple of people involved in the East Village project. There are general plans to continue building additional infill up into the Fischer/Agnes area, but I'm guessing they may be holding off until the current real estate downturn abates a bit. I'm pretty sure they have no connection with the project around Kercheval / McClellan / Pennsylvania.

Swiburn
Username: Swiburn

Post Number: 29
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2007 - 10:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone have updates on the status of the old St. Charles Borromeo School turning into condominiums/lofts? And also condominiums on Field St? This would be near Baldwin Ave, slightly east of Indian Village.

Swiburn
Username: Swiburn

Post Number: 30
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2007 - 10:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Correction: slightly "west" of Indian Village, off of Kercheval.

Bob_cosgrove
Username: Bob_cosgrove

Post Number: 456
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2007 - 12:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Both the St. Charles Borromeo School project and the Field Avenue condos are projects of former National Bank of Detroit executive Mike Tyson who lives in Indian Village.

Mike's brand new condos on Field and Townsend are first class, and if you're looking for an innercity residence you couldn't find a better place to own.

I was through the St. Charles project last year and it's definitely a work in progress.

Bob Cosgrove

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.