Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » I'd like to introduce myself... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Stephenvb
Username: Stephenvb

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 1:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

(I probably should've introduced myself a little better on my first post, but here goes...)

I'm a licensed architect living in Canton currently working in the construction field as a project manager. Even though I'm not actively practicing, my heart is still in architecture. I've enjoyed reading the forum for quite some time and have felt humbled at the knowledge you all have about Detroit.

I have a strong interest, albeit little useful knowledge at this point, in the architecture of Detroit. I don't know what the etiquette is, but I'd like to let you know I've been working on www.criticaldetroit.org (as a side project) as a means to raise awareness & promote books, events, links, news, etc. relating to Detroit architecture. I had even hoped to generate some discussion about architectural qualities of certain buildings. It's not perfect, but at least maybe it's a start to promoting local architecture.

The bar is set pretty high, so I'm hoping I can contribute some useful information.

Thanks,
Steve

Swingline
Username: Swingline

Post Number: 680
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 2:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your project

Rrl
Username: Rrl

Post Number: 716
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome Steve, and Cheers from a fellow architect turned construction PM.
Always good to have knowledgable & engaged folks join the board. I've clicked in on criticaldetroit, the site looks very interesting; I'll no doubt be spending more time meandering through it's spaces.
Develop a thick skin, participate often, & enjoy this wonderful place.

El_jimbo
Username: El_jimbo

Post Number: 32
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 3:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought for sure when I opened this that the body of the first post would be,

"My name is Humpty, pronounced with a Umpty.
Yo ladies, oh how I like to hump thee.
And all the rappers in the top ten--please allow me to bump thee.
I'm steppin' tall, y'all,
and just like Humpty Dumpty
you're gonna fall when the stereos pump me.
I like to rhyme,
I like my beats funky,
I'm spunky. I like my oatmeal lumpy.
I'm sick wit dis, straight gangsta mack
but sometimes I get ridiculous
I'll eat up all your crackers and your licorice
hey yo fat girl, c'mere--are ya ticklish?
Yeah, I called ya fat.
Look at me, I'm skinny
It never stopped me from gettin' busy
I'm a freak
I like the girls with the boom
I once got busy in a Burger King bathroom"

Detroitrulez
Username: Detroitrulez

Post Number: 132
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 3:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^^^sounds like Terryh has a new handle...

Itsjeff
Username: Itsjeff

Post Number: 7367
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

<---has a newfound liking of el jimbo.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 3482
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stephenvb, welcome to the forum!!

You'll have to excuse some of our Forumers. You can see why their mommy takes away their keyboard from time to time.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 7986
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 6:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One can only hope she's still paying attention.

Welcome, Stephenvb.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.