Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2007 » Rep Kilpatrick is a racist! » Rep Kilpatrick is a racist! - 1 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mcp001
Username: Mcp001

Post Number: 2401
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 8:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That header ought to get your attention.

Ha_asfan
Username: Ha_asfan

Post Number: 93
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 8:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Color me naive but how can this be allowed and tolerated ?

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 5437
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 8:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a "BLACKS ONLY" caucus! And King Kwame's father is it!

Rasputin
Username: Rasputin

Post Number: 3791
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 9:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hell YES, It can and will be tolerated!!! Especially after almost 200 years of a WHITEs ONLY Caucus called Congress!!!

Now go cry ....

Black-atcha ....

Tkelly1986
Username: Tkelly1986

Post Number: 212
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 9:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This absolutely appalling and blatant discrimination; Kilpatrick should be called out on her actions. It makes perfect sense for a representative for a largely African American district to want to associate himself with a group that is supposed to be looking out for the African American community’s interests. What Kilpatrick and others are doing here is making it obvious that this is not about the constituents; it’s about the representatives feeding their already bloated egos and racisms. This is a double standard. Now, I am sure the argument will come up on this board that “if there was a white caucus everyone would be pissed” and usually I am inclined to say that it is too simple of a view and very different, but in governmental organizations that are established to be serving the community, this is a case. And for all the people who say congress was a “white caucus” for too long; yes, that is true, but, as the old adage goes, two wrong don’t make a right and in this case greatly discredits the group for taking a step back. Both black and white should be upset about this racists act and ask what this actually accomplishes. What would the civil rights movement have been if only confronted by blacks? People often forget the bi-racial effort. This is disgusting and should be condemned. But, I am sure our resident racists will commend it.

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 483
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 9:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is totally stupid...members of congress are not there to represent their own interests or the interests of their race...they are there to represent their constituents, so while having a black congressional caucus is a totally dumb idea in the first place, if it exists, it should exist to represent the interests of districts with majority of blacks and NOT the interests of the people elected to represent them...

Also, I don't see how we're ever going to make any progress with racial relations by having exclusive "clubs" that divide everyone up by certain attributes and exclude everyone else who doesn't share those attributes...just a thought

(Message edited by thejesus on January 23, 2007)

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 1677
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 9:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess it fine so the group can get together and discuss issues of interest to blacks, but I do wonder what would happen if some white guy circulated a memo inviting whites to a "whites only" meeting.

Kilpatrick is my representative and actually I have been pretty happy with her and voted for her by the way.

Tkelly1986

Post Number: 213
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 9:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rasputin: that “it’s our turn, deal with it” mentality will accomplish nothing in a society where understanding is key to integration. This is what perpetually hurts Detroit; brought on by the Colman Young legacy and will continue to do so until this intolerance stops. This sets us back in race relations and grudges should not restrict the willingness to work together.

Bratt
Username: Bratt

Post Number: 445
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 9:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Congressional Black Caucus has been around for many years. And for those of you who think that America is moving in the right direction of ending racism....get over your damn selves and wake up. Unfortunately we are no where near it.

Latinos have their groups, Asians have their groups, Arab Americans have their groups..and so on and so on. If this was a perfect world, these groups would not need to exist.

Rasputin
Username: Rasputin

Post Number: 3792
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 9:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bi-Racial, my ass ..... this is about POWER and CONTROL. White boys always want to be included where they're not wanted!!
quote:

"I think they're real happy I'm not going to join," said Cohen, who succeeded Rep. Harold Ford, D-Tenn., in a majority-black Memphis district. "It's their caucus and they do things their way. You don't force your way in. You need to be invited."

Cohen said he became convinced that joining the caucus would be "a social faux pas" ...

At least the good-ol-boy had good sense!! He knows he only has 1 term in office!!

Black-atcha .....

Beavis1981
Username: Beavis1981

Post Number: 90
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 9:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's the issue: Racial tension between what locals call the "blacks" and the "browns" is booming. Blacks say Latinos are taking their jobs, buying up their land, and moving in on their public assistance. Latinos say blacks don't want to work very hard and are turning down jobs. The mayor of the town, who is white, says, "We don't have any problems." But racial tensions between blacks and Latinos do appear to have increased.
http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Program s/anderson.cooper.360/blog/200 6/10/blacks-latinos-spar-in-sm all-georgia_11.html
Posted By Randi Kaye, CNN Correspondent: 3:32 PM ET

I woke up this morning turned on cnn and there was a simaler story about southern california. Watts specifically.
I makes you wonder if true integration is even possible. Barring a another civil war I bet we still have at least another century on this one.
Obviously people want to live where they are comfortable. People are more comfortable with their own kind.

Bongman
Username: Bongman

Post Number: 1404
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 9:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A guy claiming to be Macomb's # 1 Prosecutor pointing out black racism on a Detroit forum. Considering the hiring practices in Macomb County government...that's precious.

321brian
Username: 321brian

Post Number: 293
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 10:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where is BAMN when you need them?

Put out the Bat Light for Shanta Driver!!!

Apbest
Username: Apbest

Post Number: 402
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 10:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

its called the black caucus....it should be only for black people. They should get that...everything else in America is the white caucus.

Chow
Username: Chow

Post Number: 344
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 10:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"This is what perpetually hurts Detroit; brought on by the Colman Young legacy and will continue to do so until this intolerance stops."

You know nothing about Coleman Young.

Beadgrl
Username: Beadgrl

Post Number: 108
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 10:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A Kilpatrick a racist? Say it ain't so!

/sarcastic

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 315
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 1:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"What a "BLACKS ONLY" caucus! And King Kwame's father is it!"

His mother....

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3635
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SMDH I guess races other than blacks can have groups that look out for the interests of thier own eh...

Nice how society have treated us for the last 400 + years...

But then again I forgot. White men have been sooooooooooooo discriminated against in this country for forty whole yearz!

smmfh...

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11167
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 1:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The other day I found it sad that the sportscasters had to focus on the fact that the first, then the second African American, had made it to the Super Bowl for the first time in it's history. Then I focused how sad it truly was that in this day and age we are still dealing with "firsts" for African Americans.

Don't fool yourself into believing it's a level playing field out there, as it's not. I WANTED to vote yes on proposal 2, as I wish that race wouldn't be a factor in hiring and admissions processes. Yet guess what, they are, and they are needed. What came about from voting on it? You have a majority white state voting against something that effects blacks more than any other race. This is forward progress? How would whites feel if the black race had the power to make all the voting decisions for them, perhaps as if you were being held down by the man?

They have a black caucus, we have a white America. If you don't believe that then you seriously need to take a good hard look at society today. I agree, we have a LOOOOOOONG way to go.

(Message edited by supersport on January 23, 2007)

Barnesfoto
Username: Barnesfoto

Post Number: 2950
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah, it really burns me how black women are running all the large corporations now...

321brian

Post Number: 294
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 2:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"everything else in America is the white caucus."

Typical minority response and totally untrue.

Minorities are the only groups that can get away with having organizations consisting of people from only one race or gender.

High hell would be raised if there was a "White Caucus" and they wouldn't let Barack in.

Apbest, you need to get off you crutches and start learning how to play well with others. Until groups like this don't exist no progress will be made.

I'm also so tired of hearing about Prop. 2. Yes, schools will be a little less diverse next year. There will be less unqualified students.

Maybe, just maybe some of the minority kids who wanted to go to UofM won't be able to get in this year because they are unqualified.

So what?

I'm sure a someplace like U of D, or MSU, Or Oakland, or WSU would be glad to have them. There is always an option for those who want to learn beyond high school.

It seems like whites are being forced to step aside and keep our mouths shut out of fear for being called a racist. We aren't allowed to stand up for our rights and our beliefs because we are white.

Ohudson
Username: Ohudson

Post Number: 168
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 3:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When I initially read the article, my first thought was.... "What is the purpose of the Congressional Black Caucus?" And from the website ( congressionalblackcaucus.net ) thru it's "history" link the 1st sentence says...

"The Congressional Black Caucus was formed in 1969 when the 13 black members of the U.S. House of Representatives joined together to strengthen their efforts to address the legislative concerns of black and minority citizens."

And later on it reads…...

"The visions and goals of the original 13 members, "to promote the public welfare through legislation designed to meet the needs of millions of neglected citizens," have been reaffirmed through the legislative and political successes of the Caucus."

Nothing in there says they “have” to be Black, or Democrat (which is the case all of the time)

I wonder if allowing this gentleman and others into the Congressional Black Caucus could make the Caucus stronger. Wouldn't that benefit African Americans more if the black vote and influence in Congress had a few more non-black, non-democrat allies?

Also, aren’t these Congress people called REPRESENTATIVES for a reason? They are not the show, the people they represent are. This guy does represent a predominantly AA district. Maybe if he brings the concerns of his district to the Caucus, they should be heard.

You say why, I say why not…

I am an African American man and I certainly do not think the actions of the CBC represents racism at all, I do have a hard time seeing why they have turned away a potential ally…..

Bratt

Post Number: 450
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 3:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

321Brian:

You sound so ignorant. Typical White Man....that's all you are. African Americans will NEVER be seen as equals to Whites. That's just life. Even though slavery was over 400 years ago,it will never happen.

So you white men are being discriminated against? You really think so? Well I say too bad so sad. Get over it. It happens to us EVERY Frickin day. We move on and deal with it, so you can to.

The world will never be a world where everyone is treated equally. History does repeat itself you know. And trust my prediction, whites will soon be the minority and crying racism...and we aren't being treated fairly....damn, it's happening already. Just wait about 10 more years when the Latinos are the majority. History is definitely going to repeat itself. So start your bitchin' now....why not?

Rasputin...where you at? These people trippin' up in here!

Bratt

Post Number: 451
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 3:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wonder if I can join "The Old Boys Club"?

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 8177
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those clubs aren't whites only. They will speak to anyone about membership and it just coincidentally happens that the only acceptable candidates are white.

Bratt

Post Number: 452
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 3:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, whatever Jt1.......only acceptable.

321brian

Post Number: 295
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At least they talk to people about admission. Doesn't look like the Black Caucus is willing to do that.

Can I make the case that minority groups are more welcomed in the white world that whites are in minority groups?

Jt1

Post Number: 8178
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 3:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bratt - You missed my heavy sarcasm.

quote:

Can I make the case that minority groups are more welcomed in the white world that whites are in minority groups?

You can try. Let's hear the facts. I would also like you to consider how organizations and people in authority treat minorities compared to whites. Please inlcude police officers, governmental agencies, realtors, bankers, etc.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 5439
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rasputin,

You're BACK YAY!!!

Tkelly1986

Post Number: 214
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chow: don't pull that you don't know anything about Colman Young sh&t. I know plenty about Colman Young and his legacy, both from experience and the all so taboo art of reading; what the f*ck makes you some expert that knows something none of the rest of us know....were you his fluffer? Did you arrange his women?......take that arrogance elsewhere.

Jt1

Post Number: 8182
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wouldn't it have been easier to present a case why you are right. You certainly haven't convinced me with your rant.

Tkelly1986

Post Number: 215
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bratt: you see all too happy about the Latinos becoming the majority and the whites getting their “come uppins”…….. … do you think the blacks will just sit back and laugh and enjoy a society where they have more power, hell no, they will be just as discriminated against and in fact probably even more so…..You forget, the Latinos are currently fighting for the same jobs that blacks occupy, so this racial tension has already started to escalate……..you better start bitching at a higher level……and also, if demographic trends stay the same will be much longer than 10 years away.

_sj_
Username: _sj_

Post Number: 1687
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You can't demand inclusion and then practice exclusion.

Nothing like building onto your stereotype by applauding that kind of behavior.

Supersport

Post Number: 11169
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Wonder if I can join "The Old Boys Club"?

Bratt,

You can join my club if ya want. :-)

Bratt

Post Number: 453
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 4:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay SS.....what club you got goin' on?

321brian

Post Number: 296
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jt1,

Personally as a realtor I don't car about anything about you except if you are qualified to get a loan.

Ever hear of white kids driving around in black neighborhoods? D.W.W. What sex and color is Detroits figure head police chief?

Last time I went to the Secretary of State and the Post Office I think I was the minority in both places. In fact when I applied for a job working for the city of Detroit everyone working there was black.

The last time I went to my bank (in Detroit) there was mostly black people were working there.

So, what was your point about realtors, police, governments, and banks?

I always like how the people crying discrimination on this board never give examples of how they were discriminated against they just want everyone to tell them how they aren't.

Why don't you give me a few SPECIFIC examples of how you were profiled by realtors, banks, an government agency,or the police?

Schoolcraft
Username: Schoolcraft

Post Number: 85
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Most non-US citizens I discuss politics with are amazed how U.S. is run by special interest groups.
So The Black Caucus is just playing the game.
More power to them.They are not the Black caucus with one jewish white guy.

Bratt

Post Number: 454
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 5:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

321Brian:

I know that you were speaking to Jt1 and wanted some examples of discrimination. Maybe you don't want mine, but here you go anyway:

1) I was working in a hotel and the front office manager left the company. Because I was so bright and intelligent, they asked me to do her job. I did, and was told that I was doing a terrific job. They posted the job, and of course I applied. There was a white female who applied as well. I had many years of hotel experience and a college degree. This was her first hotel job and she had no college degree. I was already doing the job. They waited months and months and didn't make a decision. One day I took the General Manager in his office and asked the status of their decision and he started stuttering. I told him that's okay, my attorney will be contacting him soon. The next day they offered me the job......the next day I quit. One of the girls in the headquarter office told me that the company did not want to promote me because they felt they were not ready for a black manager.

2) I had a job where I applied for a promotion. The General Manager told my co-worker he would never promote a N (the N word).

3) I had a job and when the owner found out they hired a black person, he was pissed and told the manager to get rid of me.

4) In my current job, I had a baby and went out on maternity leave. When I came back to work, my bosses harassed me so bad. I had a major law suit. They kept using the phrase "I had issues at home". When my white counterparts go out on maternity leave, everyone celebrates.

Do you want me to continue? Because I can.

321brian

Post Number: 301
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

#1. It sounds like you were qualified to me, but even before the decision is made you threaten legal action if you don't get it? Seems like a good way to keep a job to me.

You heard the info from a third party. Very reliable. People in offices never gossip or make things up.

#2. Prove it. Maybe the third party didn't like you. People in offices never gossip or make things up.

#3. You hear what the owner said from a third party. Huh, I'm starting to see a pattern here.
Everything you heard in examples #1, #2, #3 was from a third party.

#4. How much did you get from your settlement? What types of harassing behavior did you boss subject you to? Did you miss time in excess or your maternity leave?

Now let me tell you something about discrimination from my end. Every time I apply for a job and I have to check the race box I feel that I will be discriminated against. I feel like I will be passed up for the minority that will look better on the companys HR web page.

I know life isn't fair and some people and companies discriminate. However, I am tired of people on this site crying wolf about it.

You seem to have some good cases but every story has two sides.

Billybbrew
Username: Billybbrew

Post Number: 233
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 5:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bratt, I'd be worried about hiring you because your answer to everything seems to be litigation, not because you're black...As a business owner I have no problem hiring someone of a different ethnic background, however, I have a problem being told I have to hire someone based on their ethnic background. The job we do is one of the most dangerous jobs out there. If the person is not able to do the job, they could not only kill/hurt themselves, but the people around them as well. I know not everyone is as open minded as myself, but I see a reverse thing when I do work in the city of Detroit and I'm required to hire unqualified people because of their ethnic background.

Iddude313
Username: Iddude313

Post Number: 44
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe you should work for a black owned business.
Then you will never have any worries.

Janesback
Username: Janesback

Post Number: 194
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 5:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bratt, your post reminds me of similiar experiences. I worked in the banking industry for years as well.

We got a new Branch manager who was used to operations of the bank, didnt have many people skills. His name was Vince and he was black. And did he ever have attitude.....

At the parties or get-to-gathers at the bank , he literally refused to acknowledge me or shake my hand and wish me holiday greetings. He always , always would have a look of disgust when he had to deal with me. I think at times, he was aware of my college degree and the fact that he was promoted to our department because of "quotas".

In the 2 years from the day he started, he took out the entire department and put in his people. I was the only white girl there after 26 months of his being appointed over our department. All Hispanics, Chinese and whites were terminated due to "BANK MERGERS" . This was B.o America, which was formerly 4 other banks from the Carolinas....

He ridiculed my work, had me work weekends, had me work the 3rd shift, and he knew I was concerned about working nights as a woman, I was nervous working and driving downtown at 1 in the morning.

One time, while he was ridiculing me in front of my black co workers, I was in the process of explaining how a problem came to be........As I was explaining the problem, he literally walked away from me, not saying excuse me, not saying squat, he just left me there standing in front of my coworkers talking to myself. They, (my coworkers) had all looks of shock after he embarrassed me in that fashion.

Another time, I was the number one leader organizer of changeover of a mark pattern for our statements. The conversion took 6 months to work out all the bugs, but in the end, it took off with out a hitch..... Did he say great job, or thank me.......no, he took his boss into our department and brought the second lead organizer out and bragged to his boss what a great job the second organizer did, who just happened to be black. She was eventually promoted.

Because of eventual breakdown of out department, statement processing moved to Arizona and is now located there.....less error ratio........

I asked the girls I worked with, why he always seemed to have it in for me. Their reply was because I was white, that he hated whites.

Please, let me say that you think it was bad where you had it, try being the only white girl in banking operations under his supervision. It was hell and I m glad Im outta there....... Racism goes both ways, please dont pretend it only happens to blacks.....be honest with yourself.....Its wrong, whether its white or black....

I did recently hear after the bank let him go, the he had a mild stroke on the golf course while in the process of looking for a another job........

Musta been Karma...

Want me to go on?

(Message edited by janesback on January 23, 2007)

Noggin
Username: Noggin

Post Number: 84
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 5:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whats new about this? Kilpatrick has not been in the Pointes for years. A part of a district she is supposed to represent!

(Message edited by noggin on January 23, 2007)

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3636
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 5:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bratt you are trying to rationalize and have a serious discussion about how we as a people are discriminated against every day.

I can drop a laundry list of discriminatory experiences I faced when I was in the Army but people like him will only dismiss it because the seriously think that racism is a thing of the past (except in the case of affirmative action when they felt they were being discriminated against). They always feel a need for us to prove it as if it don't exist. As you notice some will always try to excuse it and instead blame the victim as if they were there and knew all the details. This has been ongoing since our history in this fucked up country.

So don't play into his reindeer games because this is a man (and I use that term very loosely) that is in the happy world of denial because he personally did not discriminate against you.

Barnesfoto

Post Number: 2951
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 5:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"At least they talk to people about admission. Doesn't look like the Black Caucus is willing to do that."
Here's an idea: rather than cheap talk, Why don't you actually try to join and get back with us...After all, there are non-black folks in the NAACP, you know?
Anyway, back to the topic...
I don't think Kilpatrick is a racist...I remember when she ran for City Council and had green shamrocks all over her campaign lit...I felt that she was reaching out to my "whiteness".
She's lot's of other things...An opportunist, a mercenary, A lap dancer for Matty Maroun, (one of her big donors)...But the fact that a lawmaker who represents a lot of black voters actually takes time out from helping the Maroun (vampire) empire
to address the issues facing black people does not bother me in the slightest.

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 2218
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 5:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I did recently hear after the bank let him go, the he had a mild stroke on the golf course while in the process of looking for a another job........

Musta been Karma...

In golf, they say a stroke's a stroke.

321brian

Post Number: 303
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit_stylin,

I don't discriminate against anyone but those who are ingorant. I'm tired of hearing how it does exist but not seeing it or hearing examples of it. Which reminds me. Is Jt1 still typing?

I am also tired of minorities saying that they don't discriminate. that is crap and you know it.

I think Rep. Kilpatrick plays to her black audiences fears about white America and what we are trying to do to all ya'alls boy.

Warriorfan
Username: Warriorfan

Post Number: 630
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 6:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Congressional Black Caucus lost all credibility when they stood up in support of fellow member and crooked politician "Dollar" Bill Jefferson, the guy who was caught on tape taking a bribe from an FBI agent and then was later found with $90,000 hidden in a freezer at his home. Not even Nancy Pelosi and the Democratic leadership stood behind Jefferson, the CBC were the only ones retarded enough to stand up for a criminal because he shared the same skin color as themselves.

Rep. Cohen should consider it testament to his character that he was denied membership in this criminal-loving organization.

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3637
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And yet I see that people who scream the loudest on racial issues in defense of their own (non credible arguments) dont take the time to read complete posts either...

eh 321?

Jjw
Username: Jjw

Post Number: 234
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

maybe this thread is one of the reasons Michigan and the Detroit area are hurting for jobs. There seems to be a serious lack of interaction between African and European Americans.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 5055
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 7:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Warriorfan, you mean kind of like how the good, ole' boys stuck up for Trent Lott? And how the GOP coddled a pervert, etc...Seriously, if you're fair, perhaps Congress has lost your respect (which, doesn't count for much).

BTW, this thread is a perfect example, along with ANY other threads about race, here, as to why we're never going to heal. This is down-right depressing and disgusting on so many levels.

(Message edited by lmichigan on January 23, 2007)

Bratt

Post Number: 455
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

321:

Actually, I decided not to sue. I even called our headquarters office to tell the Vice President of HR what was going on. You want to know what his response was? "Oh Shit, Oh shit, Oh shit" and he dropped the phone. I spoke with an attorney and he said I had one hell of a case. I decided not to sue because I love my job. I also understand that the world is full of ignorant assholes and God will get them...one day.

For #1, yes I threatened legal action to make them sweat. I already had another job lined up. Who wants to work for a bunch of racist assholes?

In regards to people not liking me....not likely. I get along with everyone. It's not hard to figure out a racist. They try to hide it, but the truth always comes out. I have worked my entire life with racist people. I understand that the world has to be balanced with all types of people, otherwise it would be a perfect world right? Never going to happen.

Billy: you are probably a very open minded person. But there are so many others out there in the Corporate world who are not. I have never sued anyone, and believe me I have had plenty of opportunities. Like I said before, God is always watching and will take care of them.

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3638
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 7:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No LMich becuase they were good law abiding God Fearing men with good morals...

As long as the laws of the land remain firmly in white hands. And women like Janeisback really need a reality check. She's no better to me than the woman that stood aside Ward Coonerly (yep I spelled it that way intentionally becuase his actions are one of someone who spends theor life coonin'). As if once affirmative action is abolished then all will be fine, dandy and equal for women. I wonder had this been a white man that treated her this way would she be singing that same toon? Probably not because it would have been a white man who treated her as such...

Shave
Username: Shave

Post Number: 11
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Congressional Black Caucus are no more than a bunch of elitist Blacks looking out for their own interests at the expense of the larger Black populace. What a crock of hippo dung? I am so sick and tired of these outdated, Negro spiritual organizations that keeps Blacks locked in a never-ending and hopeless state. Look at where Blacks were in 1969 when this farce was initially formed. Then take a long, hard look at where Blacks are now nearly forty years later. Are we better off as a whole? Hell no. I know, I know...blame the parents. I don't believe that a guilty white liberal is the key to moving Blacks out of the rut where some presently find themselves. However, I am sick and tired of Blaxploiters and their ilk. It is time for fresh blood. The NAACP, Congressional Black Caucus, and other liberal crapola need to die a quick yet painful death.

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3639
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 8:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From the mouth of the most entitlement minded sister who never had to work hard a day in her life because she was the only person of color who had a 'real man' as a father and had everything handed to her on a silver platter...

Shave is so blind that she cannot even see the irony. Shave do you even think Racism exists?

Tragic indeed...

Shave

Post Number: 12
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I do not feel entitled, Detroit_stylin. I work hard for every single dollar I earn. It's Blacks like you that walk around with their palms extended begging for someone to give them something rather than putting in sweat equity that adds to my frustration. I paid my dues, brother. Big time.

I don't know if racism exists or not because I don't give two thoughts to it. If I discern discrimination emitting from a situation, then I will call it out. What I have noticed with impoverished Blacks is that they constantly seek fairness and integrity from others when they themselves lack this basic of human decency. Just look around you in Detroit. Full of arrogant, impoverished Blacks. Its a sad and unfortunate fact.

Bratt

Post Number: 457
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 8:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not me Shave. I am not looking for any handouts because I don't get any. All I ask for is to treat me like everyone else. I don't get any handouts not because I am black, but because I am the "middle class". We get absolutely no breaks in anything. It sucks.

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3641
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Really Shave...

Wow thats why:

I spent a Decade in the Army...

That's why I been busting my ass for the last 4 years to get my Bachelor's and soon my Mater's beginning in Fall 2007...

Thar's why I worked and damn near took care of self since the age of sixteen to this day w/o a drop of government assistance...

Damn that's why I have achieved all that I have got now w/o a single bit of assistance of any entity, person, nor institution (fam included).

All that because I sit on my lazy ass and wait for handouts...

How's that for twisted logic...

Sorry baby girl, but no one has lived as sheltered life as you.

I actually feel sorry for you because you literally are a lost child w/in a lost tribe who more than likely spent most of her life (if not all) around entitled minorities or in all white communities. And for you to make that claim that you dont give two thoughts to whether racism exists or not 1). proves my previous statement... and 2). Definitely shows to me that you know nothing about the world except that which your own little, entitled sheltered one...

But still, I do feel sorry for you...a little...

But trust, I will get over it...

Mcp001

Post Number: 2403
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kind of hard for that type of interaction, Jjw, when you have people like Kilpatrick around.

Bratt

Post Number: 458
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 9:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Damn, you complaining about Kilpatrick when we have a bigger beast at hand...George W. Talking about clueless. Kilpatrick is just a thief, self-centered, trying to get over bastard. George W. is the same as mentioned above, but with him people's lives are being taken away...young people.....HELLO!

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3647
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now Bratt you know the reason for that...

C'mon now...

Bratt

Post Number: 459
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 9:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah...you are right Detroit Stylin. Too bad alot of others don't.

Irish_mafia
Username: Irish_mafia

Post Number: 704
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 10:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes she's a racist

Yes she would have a problem if Detroit, or any other city, were allowed to, again,have clubs that wouldn't let her into it because she is black.

but it is what it is.

There are people out there that are better than that... and that is who we should support if we want a metropolitan city that people don't perceive as a racist hot spot full of folks with a bad attitude.

321brian

Post Number: 304
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stylin,

Congratulations on going for your Mater's.

Shave,

I think you've got it right.

Jt1

Post Number: 8184
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 10:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Is Jt1 still typing?

I am now. I am white and acknowledge the priviledges that I have gotten due to my color. I also know that many of my black friends deal with stuff that I never have to deal with.

I love your argument that all is fair because you go into one or two places were you are in the minority and think that everything in the world must be fair.

I was raised in a lower class household. I busted my ass to get through school and am still paying student loans but I also know that I have been afforded less hassles and more respect by society as a whole than my minority (black, native american, hispanic, etc.) counterparts.

I love how you dismiss your experiences as a realtor to represent all realtors. Did you miss the Century 21 Town and Country stories? Did you miss the fact that some banks were mandated by courts to build in cities with higher black populations due to predatory lending?

I also find your driving while white argument iffy at best. I would appreciate real examples of it then we can have all of the people that have been pulled over for DWB rebutt. I have driven tens of thousands of miles throughout every part of the city at every hour of the day and still have never been pulled over. Maybe I am lucky. Maybe you are equating one or two experiences of DWW to thousands and thousands of DWB experiences of blacks in the community.

Wash_man
Username: Wash_man

Post Number: 302
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 10:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

from the freep....

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3654
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 10:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

George Bush:

quote:

See.. I have lots of colored...uh I mean Black friends!

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 220
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 11:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's a black caucus. What's the outrage here? I'm not crying foul because the Michigan Medical Society doesn't want me, a nondoctor, among its ranks.

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1269
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 12:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The discussion here is part of the problem. Nobody can just just get over it and ignore it. You can't get past it until you truly don't even notice it exists.

Maybe I'm being naive, but in silicon valley we have no majority here. Every single day you see whites, asians, indians, blacks, and hispanics working together. You see everyone at work, at the store, driving down the road, at home, walking the sidewalks. Maybe its just me, but in my ~7 years I've been here, I don't know that I've ever had the feeling that race was really a hinderance to anyone. Nobody I've worked with has ever seen to have even the slightest problem conversing and taking orders from someone of a different race. It just doesn't matter. Like I said, I know it isn't this way everywhere, but I am saying that I do think it is more than possible. I, and we, seem to do it every single day year after year.

The fact this discussion is evening happening, and that people notice the color of someone's skin so much that it clouds their ability to just go on with life in an effective manner is the problem. That people need to prove they were discriminated against once. Or who's been discriminated against more. Or that once one side gets the "upper hand" they can stick it to the other to show em what its like on the other side. Being vindictive and constantly seeing the world in black and white needs to end.

I believe it can. And I believe most of the above discussion is stupid. And its stupid from all sides.

Get over it. Move on with life. You'll enjoy it more that way.

Jt1

Post Number: 8187
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 12:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jerome - 2 things to consider:

1. The situation where you live has less issues around race because people of different races/ethnicites live together. That is a very important thing to move forward. Unfortunately in SE Mich we have a white population that tends to flee whenever anyone different moves into their neighborhood.

2. Extremely important point - Education. More education tends to move people aways from stereotyping and bigotry. SE Michigan is pretty uneducated as a whole. There may be wealth here but there is not nearly enough education.

Supersport

Post Number: 11170
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 1:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Damn, you complaining about Kilpatrick when we have a bigger beast at hand...George W. Talking about clueless. Kilpatrick is just a thief, self-centered, trying to get over bastard. George W. is the same as mentioned above, but with him people's lives are being taken away...young people.....HELLO!

Have you paid attention to the ages of people killed in this town? Majority are black males in their 20-30's. How exactly is that so different from Iraq?

Barnesfoto

Post Number: 2952
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 1:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

answer: our local leadership acknowledges this as a tragedy, while our national leadership pretends that 3000+ Americans did not die for a lie.
I recall you asking why folks in Baghdad did not stop for roadblocks a while back...and as I recall, you are a Bush supporter, thus I hold you partly responsible for this carnage...
How can I help you buy a ticket to Baghad?

Qweek
Username: Qweek

Post Number: 119
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 6:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jerome81,
I was born in Michigan, in the 70's we moved to San Jose after my father was transferred there. I agree with you 100%, it is racism on both sides that is holding this region down and it doesn't have to be like that. People create tension simply by the way they enter a situation. The tension in Michigan is noticable on the faces of its citizens, there is something seriously wrong in this area of the country that you really don't find in most of the country. It is like stepping into a time portal where everything is stuck in 1969. The people here have to give up the constant racial bickering and learn to live as a community, stop meeting people in your everyday life with race as the first thing you see, greet people with a warm smile instead of a judgemental stare or indifferent hmmmph, I wish things could move forward here. After reading the posts yesterday I don't have much confidence that things will improve here in my lifetime, it was depressing.

Mcp001

Post Number: 2405
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 7:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're obviously new around here, Bratt.

While I'm not junior's biggest supporter, I've haven't found him going on record as stating something as patently absurd as what Rep. Kilpatrick did in yesterday's article.

And yes, I was shaking my head in disbelief as I watched the State of the Union speech last night.

Junior is very clueless!

Warriorfan
Username: Warriorfan

Post Number: 632
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 8:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Warriorfan, you mean kind of like how the good, ole' boys stuck up for Trent Lott? And how the GOP coddled a pervert, etc...Seriously, if you're fair, perhaps Congress has lost your respect (which, doesn't count for much).

I don't think the Republicans initial support for people like Mark Foley was based solely on his skin color like the CBC's support for Jefferson was. Pretty much every other Democrat turned their backs on him except for the black ones. What does that tell you? Both parties protect criminals within their own ranks, the CBC seems to be the only group in Congress that protects criminals based on race.

And to be fair, neither Trent Lott nor Mark Foley actually committed a crime, Jefferson did.

Exmotowner
Username: Exmotowner

Post Number: 70
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 8:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gosh, Now I remember why I left Detroit. I see nothings changed.

Noggin
Username: Noggin

Post Number: 85
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 9:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This picture reminds me of quote from Wayne's World, "I love you man! No, I really love you!"

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 7979
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 9:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

IF it is inexplicably stubborn in an area over generations, where the players ALL change over time, then it must be a spiritual problem.

It is NOT a black/white thing, that is merely the current popular diametric.

It is a basic human difference reaction, exacerbated by something or someone to keep us divided and distracted.

That is the only logical conclusion I can make, given the data throughout history...while NOT denying that extra-sensible spiritual things exist. (for generations, mankind has mistakenly called them UNsensible, but that was merely the best we could do at the time)

Cheers!

Walterwaves
Username: Walterwaves

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 10:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What I find funny on here is the fact that some posters feel its ok to discriminate against white people because of the history in America.
Well, let me educate you my small minded uneducated friends.
1) Most white people alive today were not even here during the 1960's and certainly not the 1860's.
2) No, white people do not have "white privlage". Hell Im poor as the next man.
3) White people are not to blame for slavery. Check your history that has been so well hidden from everyone in hopes of keeping PC. I know you seriously cannot sit here and call yourself educated and actually believe 20 white boys jumped off a ship in front of a 1000 native warriors and said"c'mon, ya'll negroes belong to us now".
Please do not tell me you honestly believe white people are to blame because if it had not been for blacks starting slavery, whites would never have gotten involved. Hell, you can still buy slaves in Africa, aint that about a bitch? I bet you chalk that up to colonialism dont you?
3) the first blacks in America were in fact indentured servants and not slaves. For those of you that do not know what that is, they sold themselves into servitude usually for a period of 20 years at which time they were paid a sum and lived their own lives.
4) you can actually attribute the beginning of slavery in the states to a black man also. Mr. Anthony Johnson who took his runaway indentured servants to courts in the 1600's (prior to slavery here) and asked the court to make John Punch (said servant) into a slave for life which the court did.
So kids, the first slave owner in the states was a "free Black Man" .
now google tht dammit

Moral? If ya want equality don't sit on your ass blaming me or anyone else for your misfortunes because we had nothing to do with it. Just because you personally are a failure, do not blame others because they are doing good.
The people on here with their blatant racism and bigotry against whites are the same damn people who call Will Smith and Puff Daddy sell outs. Its all just jealousy.
get off your lazy ass and be somebody dammit . No one owes you anything!

No one handed me anything, nor do I forsee anyone handing me a damn thing. I earned my position in my company and I hire equally and fire equally, whites, hispanics and asians. I do not care what you are but I do care if you can do your job.
I grew up on the east side and with a black family I might add because I did not have a blood related family. All my girlfriends/love interests are predominantly black with one exception.
So before any of you call me a racist or bigot, you can kiss my ass.

(Message edited by walterwaves on January 24, 2007)

Yvette248
Username: Yvette248

Post Number: 385
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Most people are racist. It only bothers whites when people of color are the ones demonstrating the feelings.

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3658
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 1:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ummm say that Vette....Say that...

I don't think alot heard you (or wanted to hear you).

Walterwaves

Post Number: 8
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 1:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ummmm no,,,,,,,, Im white and it bothers me when any damn one is racist.

Sorry, but you need to grow up and open your eyes ,see the world and stop living in your own little reality and see what the real world has to offer.

Most people are not racist. Its mostly the poor ones, the ones that have no life or nothing worthwhile in their lives.

Get a life and join reality.

Jt1

Post Number: 8189
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 1:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Contradiction of the decade:

Im white and it bothers me when any damn one is racist.

Followed by

see the world and stop living in your own little reality

Walterwaves

Post Number: 9
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 1:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jt1,

knock yourself out by being a blatant bigot and racist. It only shows your true intellect and mentality.

Gargoyle
Username: Gargoyle

Post Number: 45
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 1:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sadly, it is human nature to dislike people who are different from ourselves. This is true in all areas of life, not just race. In areas where everyone is the same color, people fight over religion (Northern Ireland, Iraq, etc.). If everyone is the same color and religion, people fight over money or politics (the French Revolution, the Russian Revolution). We must always have someone to blame for our troubles and traditionally we blame anyone who is different from us because it's easier to hate them. We don't ever want to admit that we might be the source of our own problems. It's petty, juvenile, and destructive behavior, but we have all been guilty of it on some level at some point in our lives. Some of us grow enough to get past it, but obviously some of us never do. Until we do, the polarization will continue.

Maybe I'm being overly simplistic.

Jt1

Post Number: 8191
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 1:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

knock yourself out by being a blatant bigot and racist. It only shows your true intellect and mentality.

Would you like to elaborate on that. Would you also like to compare education while we are at it?

Shave

Post Number: 13
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 2:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit_stylin, you can toot your own horn all the day long. Not impressed. You haven't accomplished anything special or anything that I should interpret as a novelty. You simply manifested that which you were fully capable of: becoming a social asset rather than a social liability. You don't deserve any type of accolades or pats-on-the-back for living up to your true potential. You can go on and on listing your "accomplishments." Then again, that's probably the only esteem you ever received in life. For me, getting an education was the norm. This is one of the most basic of expectations in my family. I compare it to learning to tie my shoe. You learn to tie your shoes yourself or you will trip and fall potentially causing harm. Either I continued on with my education or I endure a lifetime of poverty and hopelessness. It puzzles me when people celebrate graduation from high school, college, and graduate school like its such a big deal. Education is a standard and norm in my family--not an option. Unless you are severely intellectually incapable or deceased, then you have no excuses in my family. As you can see, what truly separates the boys from the men is the foundation upon which it was built. If a child is blessed with a firm familial foundation, then any and all goals set will be easily obtained.

(Message edited by Shave on January 24, 2007)

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3666
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 2:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually I wasnt trying to impress you. You are no one for me to impress. So stop tooting your horn. I guess if I was everything that you claimed me to be then all would be fine in the world right? Because you said it and therefore it must be correct. BUT seeing as I have pretty much disproved all of your mindless prejudgments of who I am and what I do becuase you dont know a damn thing about who I am and what I do, then all of a sudden I am tooting my own horn.

That's why I say you need to come up out of Valley over there on the west coast and really see the world as it really is.

But if you choose to remain ignorant then do me a favor.

It was a beautiful 2006, let's make 2007 the same as last year...

Dont post my way.

(((((((((((Thank you Management))))))))))))

Yvette248
Username: Yvette248

Post Number: 393
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 2:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When blacks see a thread that L. Brooks Patterson (for example) is a racist - with 88 posts by similarly angry white people - then they will believe there is a genuine concern with racism.

imho

Bratt

Post Number: 460
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 2:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At first I thought I was a racist. I hate ignorant white people, ignorant African Americans, ignorant Latinos, ignorant Asians...oh Lord....

But now that I think about it, I am prejudiced...I just hate ignorant people all together...no matter what color you are. I need to pray on this.

Janesback
Username: Janesback

Post Number: 195
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 3:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroitstyin, you stated " And women like Janeisback really need a reality check. She's no better to me than the woman that stood aside Ward Coonerly\"

------------------

Detroitstylin, I presented you with facts of my job experience under a black supervisor. Those are the facts friend and what did happen

You dont know me, you know nothing of my experiences, you only attack when its an issue of racism ( black against white) in the workplace, and then go on this woman crap.........

You friend, dont have a clue. I told Bratt I was aware of her situation because I experienced the same thing. I wasnt talking to you..... Stop attempting to post about things you know nothing about.......... Jane

Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3668
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah cause that is the way it came across to me, Its mighty funny how when ever you post something of your experiences you always have to qualify it with "well this Black person did this to me". Tit for Tat bullshit. That is my issue with you.

Second I have never excused racism either way; a common thing people tend to ignore when I post on that matter. But do you what you do and gloss over what you like.

The third point I attempted to make is that racism inflicted upon whites in reality like I said earlier little more than a speed bump and an inconvenience in your day to day lives, as opposed to having an almost direct impact on it for a life time since you do not have to live with it everyday.

What I have tried to see is why when it comes to the issue is why have you chosen to make sure you told the forum that the man was Black and tried to tie in into race. Why could he have just been a man who didn't like women and just happened to be black? And going back to what I said earlier I am pretty sure that there other times during the course of your life where you were faced with a similar issue only perpetuated by a White male. Why not harp on those? I've not once heard you talk about what the ruling class in this country has ever done to you. Why give them a free pass?

That is my issue with you. You are right I do not know anything about you besides what you are posting on this forum. And that being said all I see is someone who is seriously.y intimated by People of Color. All I ever hear from you are cries of "reverse discrimination" , and "oh girl I can relate because this Black Man did this to me"

And BTW I am still awaiting for you to get back to me on a question I asked you several months ago. But I see that you not better than Karl when it comes to that....

Thank you...

Walterwaves

Post Number: 10
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 3:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All I see is a bunch of morons excusing racism because the perps are black and supposedly living with it all their lives hence a double standard is "allowed".

Funny how we all got brainwashed isn't it?

fyi: not all black people are victims of racism
geniuses

Username: 1953

Post Number: 1262
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why is "Cheeks" such a racist?

Detroitsfirstson
Username: Detroitsfirstson

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Walterwaves

Explain to me what is racist about wanting to promote the cause of your race by banning together to have a more powerful voice. I am sure we will all agree that there are more white people in Congress than any other race.

So wouldn't it only make sense that if you want a stronger voice, you need to get more people. I don't see anyone getting pissed over the energy committee or the way and means. And all that is, is a bunch of people that support legislation that promote their interest.

So you only have a problem with it if a bunch of people get together to support legislation that promotes the interest of Black people?

PLEASE correct me if I am wrong

Jelk
Username: Jelk

Post Number: 4207
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

PLEASE correct me if I am wrong

Ok. First off no one is "banning together" for anything. The word you are looking for is banding. They are banding together.

Yes there are more white people in Congress then any other race, why we would need to agree on that is beyond me. We needn't waste time making sure we all agree that 2+2=4. Facts don't require consensus.

The Energy Committee and the Ways and Means Committee are standing committees in House. There is also a Senate Energy Committee. The Senate equivalent of Ways and Means has a different name. Congressional committees are organized to vet legislation and investigate governmental matters. They are not organized based upon a common agenda.

The Congressional Black Caucus, like other Congressional caucuses are informal organizations of like-minded Congressmen and women. There is nothing wrong with caucuses but they are not the same thing as committees. Just as lobbyists are different than Congressional staff.

I suppose this makes me an elitist, but fucking get a clue about how your government works people. It's not that complicated but it certainly is important. The alternative is waking up one morning to discover you’ve elected Buzz Windrip president.

Neilr
Username: Neilr

Post Number: 433
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 5:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't worry, Jelk. It can't happen here.

Detroitsfirstson

Post Number: 5
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jelk

What the FUCK does that have to do with what I just said. And I supposed you have never made an typo on a piece of literary work. Got DAMN that is my problem with this topic and with people on the other side of it.

If you are an English teacher or some sort of Government historian than by all means, do your thing brother, but if people spend more time looking and listening to the content than this would be a better world. You just spend 5 minutes of your life responding to a post while at the same time, NOT responding to the post.

Elistist-NO
ASSHOLE-YES

321brian

Post Number: 305
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The problem with it is that there is no Congressional White Caucus.

I know the simple minded among you will try to argue that the entire government is the white caucus. I would have give it to you 40 years ago, maybe even 30 but not today.

White Americans are the only and I mean ONLY ethnic group not allowed to openly promote the advancement of their race.

quote:

So you only have a problem with it if a bunch of people get together to support legislation that promotes the interest of Black people?

Let me ask you this. What if a bunch or white people in Congress met behind closed doors to support legislation that promotes the interest of White people?

You probably wouldn't like to very much.

Thats the point.

Detroitsfirstson

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 5:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

321brian

1)-The CBC is not a "behind closed doors" committee is has been in existence for more that 30 years

2) your problem can't be that Black people get together to discuss Black interests, it hast to be that they formed a committee. Because I know that you are not saying that White people don't get together to support legislation that promotes the interest of White people.

Are you????

Username: 1953

Post Number: 1263
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 5:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just cant figure out what legislation ALL black people would want to support (and that would be constitutional).

Detroitsfirstson

Post Number: 7
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 5:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

better schools
better economic opportunity
better health care

Shall I go on

321brian

Post Number: 306
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My problem is not that they formed a committee. My problem is that White people can't.

I don't think white members of congress gather to promote the interests of white people. At least not as openly as this. I generally believe that most congressmen get together to support the people they represent in order to get re-elected.

I think if the members of the black caucus concentrated on serving the people who elected them and stopped trying to be the next Jesse they would do more good for black people as a result.

321brian

Post Number: 307
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 5:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How are those things just black issues?

Who runs the schools that gives people the skills to work and therefore aspire to better economic opportunities in mostly black areas?

We all need better health care.

Detroitsfirstson

Post Number: 8
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 5:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

321brian

In that respect, I don't disagree. However, they are no different than the Congressional Automotive Caucus, or the Congressional Kidney Caucus, Congressional Real Estate Caucus as well.

Or is it just the Congressional Black Caucus. Furthermore, I submit that there is no Congressional White Caucus because white people don't have a "cause" that they need to bring attention to.

Detroitsfirstson

Post Number: 9
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 6:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

321brian

I didn't say that they were "just" Black issues. But they are BLACK issues and that was the question that was asked.

you may not admit to this but if there is an issue that America faces, it is magnified 10 times over in the black community. That needs to be brought to the forefront

Detroitsfirstson

Post Number: 10
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 6:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Who runs the schools that gives people the skills to work and therefore aspire to better economic opportunities in mostly black areas?"

Don't understand the question. Please explain??

321brian

Post Number: 308
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 6:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is different.

Things to do with race a always different. Especially black and white issues.

White people do have causes. Prop. 2 for example.

Can't we just get along and hate the Mexicans?

Joking. Joking.

Detroitsfirstson

Post Number: 11
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 6:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

321brian

I am with that, the HELL with the Mexicans!!!!

:-)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.